Blade Runner SE DVD w/ Replicas

ghostryder

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
From The Digital Bits:

Consider this a rumor, but it's definitely worth mentioning: Those of you interested in a possible sneak peek at some of what's in store for you in Warner's Blade Runner: Ultimate Collection (due later this year on DVD, HD-DVD and Blu-ray) might want to head over to this link at the Australian DVD retail site, ezydvd.com. There's tentative DVD cover art and a list of some of what the 5-disc set is likely to include. IF it's the real deal, fans of the film can look forward to Ridley Scott's all-new 2007 cut of the film, along with every previous version of the film including the 1982 theatrical and international cuts, the 1992 "director's cut" and the infamous work print version of the film (the "Nuart/Dallas/Denver" cut). There's also the 2000 Channel Four documentary on the making of the film, On the Edge of Blade Runner, as well as an all-new Dangerous Days: Making Blade Runner documentary and much more. All of it comes packaged in what looks like a replica of the VK machine case, and comes with mini replicas of the Spinner, Gaff's unicorn origami and more. Warner's mum on all this right now, and we don't expect this page on ezydvd.com to stay up for long, so check it out while you can. Warner will likely announce the title officially sometime in the next couple of months, so if any of this IS real, it's proof that they're cooking up a damn nice package indeed. We'll post more when we can.

793565.jpg
793565b.jpg

Disc 1 - The Final Cut (2007):

Ridley Scott's definitive new version of his science-fiction masterpiece includes added & extended scenes, added lines and new and cleaner special effects.

Disc 2 - 3 Complete Film Versions:

’82 U.S. Theatrical version
’82 International Theatrical version
’92 Director’s Cut

Disc 3 - “Dangerous Days: Making Blade Runner” Documentary
Newly created documentary: Through interviews with the cast and crew, critics and colleagues, this feature-length documentary provides a mainstream-friendly yet meaningful in-depth look at Blade Runner’s literary genesis, its challenging production and controversial legacy. When all is said and done, this will be the definitive documentary on the film.

Disc 4 – Enhanced Content Bonus: (TBC)
INCEPTION - Featurettes and galleries devoted to Philip K. Dick, the birth of Cyberpunk and adapting the novel Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep.
PRE-PRODUCTION - Featurettes and galleries devoted to script development, conceptual design and abandoned sequences.
PRODUCTION - Featurettes and galleries devoted to principal photography and locations.
POST-PRODUCTION - Featurettes and galleries devoted to deleted scenes, music and visual effects.
RELEASE - Featurettes and galleries devoted to marketing and reaction including Trailers, TV Spots and Promotional Featurettes
LEGACY - Featurettes and galleries devoted to the film’s resurrection and impact.

Disc 5 - Work Print Version & Enhanced Content:
Including the rarely seen Work Print version and potentially the 52 min.
Channel Four (UK) documentary which was the first serious documentary created for the film.

Special Features:

Blade Runner Brief Case packaging with handle
Digi-Package with Foil Enhanced and Embossed Slipcase (5 Discs)
Lenticular motion image from the original feature
Collectible Model Spinner
Collectible Origami Unicorn
Collection of photographs from film
Letter from Ridley Scott

Last edited:
btw about that version, thats the australian release, and they typically get cool ass covers and cases. watch the us release get none of that.

Now that looks shiny!

Hopefully us Aussies do get it with all that stuff. I don't know about it being just a rumor, though, EzyDVD.com are usually pretty good.

Screw the packaging! It would be nice but I can't wait to get those discs in my collection!

I've been trying to find info on this since last year. I've done a few searches in the past few week, and keep coming up with the same articles from a year ago. I assume that they are being vauge because they have no real timeline on when their going to be finished other than "2007", and Scott's been filming pick ups to "correct" scenes only just a short time ago. I'm eager for news on a release date!!!!!!!

This looks promising, but I bet all we get in a 1" wide cardbord case with all the disks crammed in there. With maybe a poster of the cover art packaged inside, folded up a gazillion times, with plenty of creases!

This Australian version is nothing compared to the deluxe Japan Special Edition: Harrison Ford personally comes to your home, watches the movie with you, whispers all his voice-over narration into your ear, then lets you gently break his little finger before he rides a wild unicorn out the door.

Now let's just hope that maybe something will actually happen with this. Seems like it's been a tease for a long time.

This Australian version is nothing compared to the deluxe Japan Special Edition: Harrison Ford personally comes to your home, watches the movie with you, whispers all his voice-over narration into your ear, then lets you gently break his little finger before he rides a wild unicorn out the door.

LMAO:lol

You forgot that he also leaks some blood into your drink as he takes a sip.

I'm torn.

I'll get these regardless, but with HD now upon us, I was hoping for an HD version. Given the rate BR discs get released, didn't want to have to wait 10 years from now for that option. Woulda been what put me over the edge on getting a player.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back