Hasbro now making Marvel props!

That IronMan helmet looks great, wow, love the removable faceplate. Guess the Black Series Kylo helmet did well enough to justify stuff like this.

I hope whoever gets the Iron Man helmet posts some good measurements, which would be invaluable for anyone making their own for the first time. It's arguably the most frustrating helmet to get right, with such a tight tolerance between being able to get it on versus looking like a walking candy apple...

Help save some paper! :)

-Rog

Its perfect faux-metal finish makes it seem like it could stop anything, but the shield’s not actually made from a vibranium-steel alloy, so you won’t want to try to shield yourself from a bullet or knife attack with it. It does, however, come with adjustable straps so you can wield it just like the Cap’ does. And while it’s just a recreation, it’s probably still not advisable to try throwing it like a giant frisbee.

They never say it will be metal, Hope its not cheap PVC hardened
with a 100$ tag I cant see how they can make it metal and have a decent paint job with decent straps

Last edited by a moderator:
That MkVII helmet doesn't look half bad for a $100 mass produced toy/costume/replica.
With a proper paint job and a few alterations here and there it could look pretty great and I really like that the insides of the helmet and faceplate are detailed. It definitely has potential.

Its perfect faux-metal finish makes it seem like it could stop anything, but the shield’s not actually made from a vibranium-steel alloy, so you won’t want to try to shield yourself from a bullet or knife attack with it. It does, however, come with adjustable straps so you can wield it just like the Cap’ does. And while it’s just a recreation, it’s probably still not advisable to try throwing it like a giant frisbee.

They never say it will be metal, Hope its not cheap PVC hardened
with a 100$ tag I cant see how they can make it metal and have a decent paint job with decent straps

It's not going to be metal, it's plastic.

Last edited by a moderator:
For $100, I may pick up that Cap shield for costuming use and keep my CF metal shield at home. Depends on the in-person color and finish, and I prefer they add the etched lines on the star. The IM helmet looks good for the price and is a great option for those who want the older design, but I still prefer the Lager helmet even with the higher price.

bgkvvipynvssi0grlyqc.jpg

uzihcfvxn5csv8iuzkdq.jpg

For $100, I may pick up that Cap shield for costuming use and keep my CF metal shield at home. Depends on the in-person color and finish, and I prefer they add the etched lines on the star. The IM helmet looks good for the price and is a great option for those who want the older design, but I still prefer the Lager helmet even with the higher price.

Lager is releasing a MkIII helmet next month to go along with their MkXLIII. Still in the $200 price range (shipped) so pretty affordable as well. From a couple of reviews, paint job seemed to be a bit of a hit or miss with their MkXLIII though and I heard some electronics failed rather quickly.

Final product pending of course I'm now really considering adding the Hasbro helmet to my collection to go along with my IA MkVII helmet if I can find someone to do a few mods and give it a battle worn look. You can't really go wrong with a $100 helmet anyways.

Last edited:
I wonder if this is an attempt to combat those who sell unlicensed replicas and if we'll see more higher quality props and suits coming.

All in all, for the price point, they seem like a great line of products. I have the Kylo Ren Black Series Helmet and it is a great item. I also have the Mark 42 Lager helmet and for $100 more it still isn't perfect either.

I would buy the Iron Man helmet just to display it open if the final interior looks that nice!

Re: Marvel/Hasbro team up to make affordable cosplay

Yeah, for $100 I might pick up that Cap shield and repaint it. I've always wanted one, but I want the comic red, white, and blue version so I've always been a bit held back by spending a premium for a nice brushed aluminum blank that I was going to put opaque paint over.

The inner detail of the Iron Man helmet is a nice touch. Especially the faceplate, lifted from the shot of the MKII's.

Have been planning on building one in pep or 3D printing. Shame it isn't coming out sooner.

Would like to know a couple of details, such as how big it is or if the jaw hinges. Without a removable back piece and fixed neck width it may look a little bobble head-ish.

Looks like it could be a fun and easy mod project.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back