Hasbro now making Marvel props!

Got my Iron Man helmet and I'm honestly loving it. For $100 you cant beat how great it looks.

Seriously debating on motorizing the faceplate however not sure how well that would work with all the magnets on there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myKU-bQKmrM

Oh man, I hate you so much right now. I just ordered mine last Wednesday and it isn't supposed to ship out until tomorrow (the 10th) and be delivered until anywhere between the 11th and 15th. After watching this, my excitement level can no longer be contained and my anticipation is through the roof at the moment. :D

Great video, sir!

Not bad value for money.
The design choice to make it bigger and add adjustable straps is purely commercial but means there will be loads of big noggins out there.
The back snaps is weak, and with the cheap paint, it flakes pretty quickly.
The jaw seems sturdier at first, but after a few opening isn't going back 100% and leaving a small gap.
The light is ok, strong enough to show on most pix. With lower settings, you can actually see through.
The sounds might be an acquired taste.
All in all, a little disappointed, but then I remind myself that this was the third of the price of a quality custom build.

lil'Gee

I just bought my ML Iron Man helmet last night from Target.

I live in CA (Orange County) and according to the Target website, there wasn't any left out here. I looked up the item code and called my nearest store. They said they were sold out everywhere except for one store that wasn't too far away. I called that store and there was literally only two left in the back stock room. I placed a hold on both of them to see which box was the least beat up.

A word of advice, find the item code on Target and call your local Target store to see if they have any in stock at other locations, that way you don't have to pay for delivery and wait for shipping.

Turns out they ship them in the same brown Hasbro box that Amazon ships. So it's definitely a Hasbro thing, not Amazon. I asked if I could keep the box as well. The front desk was amazed by the price when she rang up the helmet.

The helmet was $99.99, but with CA Orange County tax, the total was $108.99
Not bad for a replica I plan on using for Cosplay and display. Next stop is to try to motorize this baby.

This is an early Birthday present to myself, so I won't be opening it until October 19th (that way it stays "Special" lol).

I took some pictures of the packaging:

86b8d4bf3c8470e2bcd28383346973ed.jpg

4014e186035d8043779406fb23665f27.jpg

0c7e18add487636677ae06e2adfc8e44.jpg

40b6e4600c0133d23589beb15d02656c.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I just bought my ML Iron Man helmet last night from Target.

I live in CA (Orange County) and according to the Target website, there wasn't any left out here. I looked up the item code and called my nearest store. They said they were sold out everywhere except for one store that wasn't too far away. I called that store and there was literally only two left in the back stock room. I placed a hold on both of them to see which box was the least beat up.

A word of advice, find the item code on Target and call your local Target store to see if they have any in stock at other locations, that way you don't have to pay for delivery and wait for shipping.

Turns out they ship them in the same brown Hasbro box that Amazon ships. So it's definitely a Hasbro thing, not Amazon. I asked if I could keep the box as well. The front desk was amazed by the price when she rang up the helmet.

The helmet was $99.99, but with CA Orange County tax, the total was $108.99
Not bad for a replica I plan on using for Cosplay and display. Next stop is to try to motorize this baby.

This is an early Birthday present to myself, so I won't be opening it until October 19th (that way it stays "Special" lol).

Which OC target did you get it from (and presumably has one left)? I'm in Irvine with an Oct 13 b-day so I just might be following suit ;)

Which OC target did you get it from (and presumably has one left)? I'm in Irvine with an Oct 13 b-day so I just might be following suit ;)
Oh nice! Well happy early birthday to you! The one in West Covina should have one left. You have to give them the item code at the customer service desk and they'll radio a guy in the stock room.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Making the star for the plastic shield a bit more movie accurate. Just have to pick up some paint and repaint the star and the metal ring. Debating if I want to spot sand the red parts down to get rid of some of the paint imperfections, fill in some small scratches and gouges and repaint those as well.

20161010_190206 (2).jpg

For those interested, I bought the helmet and shield described in this post to give a little extra pop to my Mark VII Armor. I have enclosed a couple of pics to give it scale to my body.

I love the details of the shield. Its a heavy plastic but looks metal and from a distance looks real. I needed something lightweight to carry with the armor on (even then my arm/wrists were strained after some time). The back straps are great and I was able to open them enough to fit my arm in to carry.

The helmet was a great addition. The colors almost exactly matched the Dupli-color I used for the suit and it was a hugh help being able to remove the face plate to cool down and talk to other cosplayers. I loved the sounds and light up eyes that are extra touches to make it more realistic. I love creating the suit but I could never get the helmet right and I felt that the helmet was a large part of creating a realistic looking iron man suit. My goal is to actually cast the helmet so I can add my own electronics including a voice driven open/close function.

I do find the helmet paint with scratch off in the top area where the visor magnetically attaches to the top of the helmet. This is due to the placement of the magnets. No big deal for me as I'm 6'8" in the armor so no one will see :)

Ping me if you have any questions but I believe this is a good purchase if you are into these type of props.

IMG_7368.jpgIMG_7374.jpgIMG_7376.jpg

Gents.... Just as a heads up... Target has a sale going on right now where you can get $25 off an order over $100

I just picked up the $100 shield to go with my Helmet. Picked up a little angrybird toy for another $2.99 to get it over the 99.99 threshold.

Code is TOYS

My 75th anniversary metal shield arrived yesterday. First impressions - it's great for the price, the front of the shield looks legit while the rear is serviceable with adjustable handle straps. You will not go wrong displaying or cosplaying with this shield, it looks great from the front. Compared to my CF shield, the Hasbro's paint isn't quite as nice and the rear is not as screen accurate, but for 1/3 the price of a CF shield and a couple hundred cheaper than any other replica metal shield still being offered, I'd say that's incredible value. The shield is thinner and lighter than my CF shield, makes it feel a bit cheaper but I bought this for trooping so I'm very happy with it.

My 75th anniversary metal shield arrived yesterday. First impressions - it's great for the price, the front of the shield looks legit while the rear is serviceable with adjustable handle straps. You will not go wrong displaying or cosplaying with this shield, it looks great from the front. Compared to my CF shield, the Hasbro's paint isn't quite as nice and the rear is not as screen accurate, but for 1/3 the price of a CF shield and a couple hundred cheaper than any other replica metal shield still being offered, I'd say that's incredible value. The shield is thinner and lighter than my CF shield, makes it feel a bit cheaper but I bought this for trooping so I'm very happy with it.

Awesome! I am going to snag one for conventions as well. No hurry but I am on the hunt for a couple KA versions to display.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back