Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
    From
    Kent, UK
    Apr 12, 2016, 4:24 AM - Re: Dredd Helmet - First time build - Pic heavy - Aus #26

looking cool, am also a member of "sanding the hell out of helmets"
    From
    Australia
    Apr 12, 2016, 8:31 PM - Re: Dredd Helmet - First time build - Pic heavy - Aus #27

gothic said: View Post
    looking cool, am also a member of "sanding the hell out of helmets"
    We just want it to be as close to perfect as possible!
    From
    Australia
    Apr 17, 2016, 10:54 PM - Re: Dredd Helmet - First time build - Pic heavy - Aus #28

Parts 11 and 12 added, the visor, helmet padding and forehead badge!
    From
    Wanganui, New Zealand
    Apr 18, 2016, 3:42 AM - Re: Dredd Helmet - First time build - Pic heavy - Aus #29

Well done, sir!
    From
    Australia
    Apr 19, 2016, 9:56 PM - Re: Dredd Helmet - First time build - Pic heavy - Aus #30

Part 13 added. IT'S FINALLY COMPLETED! Pretty happy

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks
    Blaxmyth said: View Post
    Well done, sir!
    Apr 20, 2016, 4:28 AM - Re: Dredd Helmet - First time build - Pic heavy - Aus #31

madrick said: View Post
    Part 13 added. IT'S FINALLY COMPLETED! Pretty happy

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks
    heya, I became I member here just to thank you on such a fine thread.
    I've been a huge Dredd fan since forever and this has given me the courage to attempt it.
    ... Right after I finish my Boba Fett which this thread has given me lots of tips for.
    and thank you for the Australian research... It's a pain to try and find Sintra or Bondo equivalents in Oz but you've done the legwork and made things a lot easier.
    Cheers mate
    From
    Australia
    Apr 20, 2016, 7:53 PM - Re: Dredd Helmet - First time build - Pic heavy - Aus #32

LeClubNerd said: View Post
    heya, I became I member here just to thank you on such a fine thread.
    I've been a huge Dredd fan since forever and this has given me the courage to attempt it.
    ... Right after I finish my Boba Fett which this thread has given me lots of tips for.
    and thank you for the Australian research... It's a pain to try and find Sintra or Bondo equivalents in Oz but you've done the legwork and made things a lot easier.
    Cheers mate
    Hey! Thanks so much for the message, means a lot and I'm glad my thread has been able to help you in some way, shape or form. Good luck with all your builds and if there is anything I can help with, during your Dredd build, don't hesitate to ask!

I'm now about to make a new thread, following my custom Dredd armour build. It's not complete yet but fingers crossed it does the helmet justice
  8. Member Since
    Apr 2012
    From
    Ottawa, Canada
    Jun 23, 2016, 11:21 AM - Re: Dredd Helmet - First time build - Pic heavy - Aus #33

Sorry for coming in a bit late, but if you add less catalyst (cream) to the bondo it will kick slower. If you add more, it kicks faster. Bondo is simply corn starch and polyester resin. So fiberglass. With corn starch rather than glass... I know this will not do you much good being finished, but others will be using your WIP for a guide.
  9. Member Since
    Jan 2015
    Oct 31, 2017, 9:32 PM - Re: Dredd Helmet - First time build - Pic heavy - Aus #34

this is fantastic! sadly several of the images dont show up anymore for a noob like me to learn from. but the final result is bad ass!