Efx has a new $300 Darth Vader (precision cast replica) Helmet

craigjohn

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is new, and I haven't seen it mentioned on the forums yet. Looks like they're cutting in under the Anovos pricing at $300.

http://www.efxcollectibles.com/p-264-anh-darth-vader-helmet-precision-cast-replica.aspx

Available April/May, 2016. Check back for availability.

MSRP $299*
* Plus Shipping/Handling. Helmets sent to a CA address must add CA sales tax. For our international customers. does NOT include any customs, duties or taxes levied by your country.

- Cast from the original molds of the screen-used helmet made by Rick Baker in 1977. This is NOT made from a digital scan!
- Original asymmetric sculpted geometry
- Two piece construction: Facemask and Dome
- High quality ABS and metal construction
- Screen accurate two-tone black and gunmetal paint scheme on facemask
- Accurate Red/Orange "bubble" lenses
- Machined aluminum tusks
- Metal mouth and chin grills
- Certificate of Authenticity

Many of you remember our incredible Legend and Limited Edition Darth Vader helmets. The Legend Edition sold out in less than 4 minutes, in fact we actually crashed the credit card processing company's server! The Limited Edition sold out the same day! Now, here is your opportunity to get the latest addition to our Precision Cast Replica line of iconic helmets!

This is a recreation of our Limited Edition Darth Vader helmet as seen in Star Wars: A New Hope.

Darth Vader - Just the mention of the name cojures up fear not only amonglst the Rebel Alliance, but within hi own Galactic Empire, as well! The Dark Lord of the Sith is considered by many to be the villain of a generation of movie audiences.

His sinister persona was conveyed by his iconic helmet, with a facemask and dome, based on the concept sketches by legendary concept artist, Ralph McQuarrie.

It is not known how many helmets were made for the production, but based on all of the reference materials in the archives, only one helmet was used in the filming of A New Hope. Unfortunately, there is no record of what happened to the original molds that were made from Brian Muir's sculpture. At the end of the filming in England, the complete screen-used costume, including the helmet, was sent to the USA, and make-up artist and creature maker for the film, Rick Baker, cast a new set of molds from the screen-used helmet. These molds were then used to make the Darth Vader promotional touring costumes in 1977.

The master patterns for EFX Darth Vader helmet were cast from these vintage molds at the archives, and thus have a direct lineage to the original, screen-used helmet. It has the asymmetric, hand-sculpted geometry and all of the surface nuances that many feel capture the true menacing essence of Darth Vader. The facemask also has the two-toned black and gunmetal paint scheme of the original helmet, thus making this helmet one of the most accurate replicas of this iconic helmet!

****Wow! $300 - and a "recreation of their Limited Edition"... how much was the Limited Edition the first time it was released? $300 seems wildly inexpensive. I'd love to seem them release the Legend Edition as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
This will be a big schock in the "Vaderhelmetworld"...when EFX can deliver this helmets!:D
You can easy build you any OT Vaderversion from this helmet.
And because its ABS its a lot better for trooping as this heavy fiberglass stuff of the LE helmets.

Dont you guys think it will ruin the market for Vader helmets? I saw the prototype in person not to long ago and it looked great ( for what it is)

It won't ruin the market because you'll never get your helmets! BUWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Looks like they've been very hard at work doing other projects to sell over finishing orders pending for 2 years.... cough.... BIKER SCOUT........

Maybe ruining the market is a bit much. I guess what I'm thinking is with Rogue one less than a year away and a confirmed Vader appearance in the movie, there is going to be a spike in demand for Vader helmets. I feel like this particular helmet is gonna drop sales for vader makers. I know its missing a ton of things and its not accurate, however its a very close representation and its not gonna be too hard to modify and improve. I know there is a huge percentage of buyers out there that will most likely go that rout for the money instead of spending $750 and up for fiberglass helmets (that with all due respect, suffer from inaccuracies).

Here are pictures of an early prototype I took last year. I know upclose you can see there is a lot of problems but the pictures on the website show much improvement.
IMG_0112.jpgIMG_0111.jpgIMG_0110.jpgIMG_0109.jpgIMG_0108.jpgIMG_0107.jpg

I doubt it will ruin the efx prices... could reduce them a bit though.

The efx are higher quality and collectible.

This will be like the PC stormie... an affordable, better than a typical costume version if the helmet. The stormie is selling for cost still, so its more a decoration/high grade costume than a collectible.

The people that care about the last 5% of accuracy or collectible/value will not be interested, the rest will find its probably good enough, At least my PC stormie is hanging on the wall and I am satisfied with it for the price. Sure I might upgrade to something more accurate but not for $1k+ these collectible versions are selling for.

I think its great to have a mass produced cheaper but "good" versions of these mass produced. It might hurt your collections "value" but I am more interested in having access to these cool items.

Ruin the Vader market??? Wouldn't they have to deliver a product first.

Anyone would be crazy to pre-order anything from EFX at this point.

How are those Biker Scout Helmets coming along???

How about that Bob Fett helmet??

And the Hero Stormtrooper Helmet??

oh, and of course the Hero 1/1 Stormy???

The Studio Scale Y wing???

Gino recently said of all that only the Biker Scout is in production I believe.

Seriously, why would anyone do buisness with them when they won't refund Biker Scout helmet buyers after years?????

Tom

- - - Updated - - -

BTW I would buy this in a heartbeat if it actually comes up and they deliver on the Biker Scout helmet. I like Screen accurate and Idealized. I love my PCR Stormy so I would happily snag this.

Interesting that it says no Pre-order??

They need to fix the Biker Scout helmet situation first.

Tom

I guess we will have to wait and see on this guy, it is indeed interesting that they said "no pre-order" thus guessing that it will be available and ready to ship once the add to cart button is up which if true then sure Il hop on it but if it does indeed require pre order then forget it, I haven't done business with EFX personally but after all the horror stories I hear from you guy I know not to pre order from them.

Last edited:
also Is there is a reason why they state "Accurate Red/Orange "bubble" lenses"" when its inaccurate?

For everyone who's got stuff on order there, i really hope may 2016 means may 2018/19. I mean, i'd be beyond pissed if i'd been waiting 2 years on something and they pop out a new product and release it in 4 months.

also Is there is a reason why they state "Accurate Red/Orange "bubble" lenses"" when its inaccurate?

In ANH they are actually Amber if I remember correctly. Gino insists the ESB and ROTJ are Amber as well but they look black as night to me, hence dark smoke.

- - - Updated - - -

For everyone who's got stuff on order there, i really hope may 2016 means may 2018/19. I mean, i'd be beyond pissed if i'd been waiting 2 years on something and they pop out a new product and release it in 4 months.

Sadly me and others would love to give them our money. I would pick up a Biker Scout in a heartbeat not to mention sell body parts to get a ESB Boba cast from the actual helmet. They just won't deliver or communicate.

Recently we were going on about how bad EFX is. Gino popped in, said " production delays" and left. Not much help.

Tom

Dude YES!! I just saw what everyone was talking about regarding the fett helmet that they were supposed to come out with that was cast from the original helmet.

Man that would have been one sweet piece that I would definitely pay a premium for but its sad to see the route EFX chose to take business wise.

It begs the question, can it be classified as a business decision or even a business when it's not actually conducting, you know, business?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back