Efx has a new $300 Darth Vader (precision cast replica) Helmet

I couldn't bring myself to buy from a company who only communicate when they need to sell something.

And when they do simply cannot bring themselves to refrain from taking shots at other people's goods, while claiming their own superiority without anything to back it up apart from "just trust me, it's the bestest evar because I have special knowlege no one else does, the source of which I'm not going to share, so shut up." :/

And when they do simply cannot bring themselves to refrain from taking shots at other people's goods, while claiming their own superiority without anything to back it up apart from "just trust me, it's the bestest evar because I have special knowlege no one else does, the source of which I'm not going to share, so shut up." :/

Which is why if I do end up deciding on getting a vader helmet I will go with a darth ugly or a quasimodo v2

Gino,
So glad to see that your not a Mac-tea-bagger! Why anyone would pay $800 for a fan made helmet with no authenticity is beyond me. I also don't understand why EFX doesn't put the kibosh on them. EFX has to pay for advertisements on here but they don't, kind of silly. I can't wait for this new helmet!!

You seem extremely pretentious and have left a bad impression, I would not purchase from efx.

This is nothing new. For years this has always been the impression Gino has left on me. Anyone remember the old TIE fighter helmet thread Gino started and once he got the information he wanted tried to have the thread deleted so no one else could get the information? Fortunately, the mods were insightful enough to keep the thread open and if I remember correctly, Gino was even scolded by Art on that thread explaining why he wouldn't close the thread.

Character and reputation is all we really have on an internet site of faceless names. Once you show your true colors it's impossible to delete. The internet NEVER forgets.
...and we don't either.

Whats your problem,guys?This is not a preorder...when they don´t have the helmets in stock they cannot make money!;)

- - - Updated - - -

Its a $299 Vader lid, cant complain with that. In a display case, you wont be able to tell if its fiberglass or ABS.

And you can also put some fiberglass in the helmet and you have a fiberglass one!:lol

You got a little something brown on your nose there, you might want to clean it up.

Gino,
So glad to see that your not a Mac-tea-bagger! Why anyone would pay $800 for a fan made helmet with no authenticity is beyond me. I also don't understand why EFX doesn't put the kibosh on them. EFX has to pay for advertisements on here but they don't, kind of silly. I can't wait for this new helmet!!

Pretty clever, did your mom help you with that one? :) The funny part will be when I have a more accurate helmet for $300 and your stuck with an $800 terd, just kidding here so don't get mad! Don't get me wrong they are a nice fan made item, but they are just fan made replicas and not worth $550 to $800.

Last edited:
Pretty clever, did your mom help you with that one? :) The funny part will be when I have a more accurate helmet for $300 and your stuck with an $800 terd, just kidding here so don't get mad! Don't get me wrong they are a nice fan made item, but they are just fan made replicas and not worth $550 to $800.

I was under the impression that price bashing was not allowed on these boards. Kidding or not.

And that's another PR home run from EFX. I'm really considering cancelling my Iron Man MK7 helmet now (I ordered through bbts without deposit, there's no way I was gonna put money down this time around). That kind of contempt directing towards members/contributors of our community is just unbearable. That's not how I expect professionals to behave. Bryan always seemed like a nice guy but that's another level.

I was under the impression that price bashing was not allowed on these boards. Kidding or not.

That ONLY applies in the Junkyard. Anywhere else is fair game. I can bash dealers prices until the cows come home UNLESS they, or anyone, is listing a specific item in the Junkyard for sale.

Price bashing is cool I mean I have seen some stupidly priced item for sale but calling someones work of art turd or talking down about it is simply not even if it is a joke, and no harm done here everyone has their opinion and understand that you have yours there is nothing to be mad about, the Quasi helmets are gorgeous in their own way and have even been cleared up by Mac and Bookface that they were not completely aiming for accuracy unlike EFX. Will the $300 vader be more accurate?, possibly (depending who you ask) but there are still people willing to spend the $800 for the quasi simply because they think its better and like the old saying goes "to each their own"

Sounds like an efx plant to me. Makes sense why he is bashing anything besides efx just like gino

I could be wrong, but I believe price bashing is not allowed 1) in another members for sale thread 2) in the junkyard.

Prop prices can be discussed in a prop forum, as long as members are also following the general CoC for the RPF. It is not price bashing to say I think $1200 is too much for a Graflex anymore than to say I think $900 is too much for a fiberglass Vader helmet.

You can't handle a little joke? Then no need to make one. The maker of the uglies and Quasimoto has trashed everyone else's helmets, so I think it's fair game. A helmet made from a digital scan off an original is going to be way more accurate than a sculpt by someone who has no access to any archives. That's not debatable. Iv'e actually never bought anything from EFX but I will now! I have a Vader Legend but I actually got it off E@#Y.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like an efx plant to me. Makes sense why he is bashing anything besides efx just like gino
Little Paranoid? :)

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but I believe price bashing is not allowed 1) in another members for sale thread 2) in the junkyard.

Prop prices can be discussed in a prop forum, as long as members are also following the general CoC for the RPF. It is not price bashing to say I think $1200 is too much for a Graflex anymore than to say I think $900 is too much for a fiberglass Vader helmet.

Didn't I just say that?

Regardless of having direct lineage or not, I was able to compare my EFX Limited against a Quasimodo V2 and all I can say is that the Quasi looked like it has just stepped off the screen, and while my EFX is a nice piece, it did not have that look. I thought lineage was important, but in actuality I just want what I see on the screen. That's my opinion.

This is nothing new. For years this has always been the impression Gino has left on me. Anyone remember the old TIE fighter helmet thread Gino started and once he got the information he wanted tried to have the thread deleted so no one else could get the information? Fortunately, the mods were insightful enough to keep the thread open and if I remember correctly, Gino was even scolded by Art on that thread explaining why he wouldn't close the thread.

Character and reputation is all we really have on an internet site of faceless names. Once you show your true colors it's impossible to delete. The internet NEVER forgets.
...and we don't either.

Quoted For Truth

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back