3d printing iron man

Joshwood

Have brought my self a 3d printer wanna print few bits for my new iron man build wanna print helmet hand fingers and a reactor and look into ways of making the face plate go up but there are a few ways of doing this I believe only issue I'm having is all the files to print the helmet are full size one piece and my printer isn't taller than my head so won't print all in one does any one have or know where I can get the files in pieces for a mark 7 or similar style helmet I know i might have to settle for a different helmet but not to fussy at this stage

any help be appreciated

There's files on the internet somewhere of a Iron Man helmet, I believe on Thingiverse. I can't remember if it's there or not, but you can't 3D Print a helmet all at once. It's broken down into separate files that then have to be put together in order to make a complete helmet. Here's an example of mine currently

It's currently held together by tape so that I can get the right fit and see how it looks. The glove is also printed in individual pieces and then put together with elastic to help your hand flex.

Found some files in there that look like what I want can download them easy enough but my 123d design won't open them they have the 123d symbol on them but not playing ball am I missing something

There's files on the internet somewhere of a Iron Man helmet, I believe on Thingiverse. I can't remember if it's there or not, but you can't 3D Print a helmet all at once. It's broken down into separate files that then have to be put together in order to make a complete helmet. Here's an example of mine currently

http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy98/JaxAndTheMoon/DSC_0253_zpsalmeiojd.jpg

It's currently held together by tape so that I can get the right fit and see how it looks. The glove is also printed in individual pieces and then put together with elastic to help your hand flex.

Man that hand is looking sweet. i actually really like that Purple as well... what PLA are you using?

Man that hand is looking sweet. i actually really like that Purple as well... what PLA are you using?

I don't remember the PLA that was used. I'm currently fixing it up for my friend who printed it through the school he attends and then he sent it my way! He told me what he used but I can't for the life of me figure it out at the moment

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back