Graflex 2.0 Sabers - Show your work / Talk Electronics

12716393_972865779450262_3782350308296898942_o.jpg
pics of the button please!? :)

************* Resistor help **************

Battery - Panasonic Li-Ion 18650 3.7V 3400mAh
LED = Tri Cree Xpe2 (BBW)
Info for the Blues -
Illumination Color:Blue
If - ForwardCurrent: 1000 mA (Etsy listing says 350mA, Justin confirmed 350mA is not the max you can drive them, 350mA is what the Lumens listed are rated at. He said run them at 1000ma)
Vf - ForwardVoltage: 3.1 V
Power Rating: 3 W

Remember there are 2 blues and the white is for FOC.

This is what the online calc gets me for each one. -

View attachment 588852

When I run those numbers telling it I have 2 LEDs it gives me an error.
View attachment 588853

Someone please confirm what resistor/resistors I should be using.

Thank you!

Actually, you can just wire a .5 ohm resistor in series with the BBW and its ok. Look at this video for help (same setup as your build): https://youtu.be/ZldjWimMAvE

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone interested, I am planning on making an entire video series dedicated to the complete assembly and electronics installation on a Graflex 2.0. These videos will be a step-by-step breakdown on how to build this saber from start to finish and be broken into individual "episodes" (Get it? lol) to make it as easy as possible to follow along. I will be using the standard 7/8" inner core, a NBv3 and a G.O.T.H. 3Designs "Knight" chassis with a full crystal chamber. I will make sure to include every step, every modification and every hint necessary to make your first build as easy to understand and accomplish as possible. Although I have several years of experience in similar fields, like you I am new to this hobby and my goal is to show that you don't have to be a Master Saber Smith to assemble this kit (Though some would have you believe you do). I am not a professional smith and will never claim to be, but that is the point of these videos. With the right degree of practice, patience and research anyone can assemble them. I will also provide a breakdown of every part AND tool required for this build as well links as where to find them. There is a LOT of info floating around out there and I want to bring it all to one place that is easy to understand and follow. I am waiting on another Graflex kit to arrive so please allow me only a couple of weeks to get these videos online. My only goal is to help people who share a common love of this hobby. Thank you for your time and MTFBWY

Question: can the chassis not be glued to the hilt with e6000? I'm not comfortable with performing the drill & tap. I also don't have drill press which would make that easier.

Question: can the chassis not be glued to the hilt with e6000? I'm not comfortable with performing the drill & tap. I also don't have drill press which would make that easier.

It is highly not recommended. Even normal handling will be too much stress for the E6000 to hold, never mind any form of contact. Your only real options are set screws for the knight chassis and threaded rods for the padawan chassis. If you are using the knight chassis a drill press is not necessary, a simple power drill will work so long as you make sure you are straight and level when drilling.

Glad to see this build page, once I have mine the build is on rite now working on the batmobile could work this on the side, whilest putty drys and stuff.Also will be needing all the help I can get watched some utube stuff on wiring which I have soldered lots but hooking everything up as well as making everything fit,this is going to be my place of needing the help. Great!!!! Thanks.......Jim

Flash on Clash, great stuff thanks for posting that vid , really helped me learn some stuff. This thread has already been enjoyable for me. Thanks.....Jim

If you buy the V3 board they have out now...the PEX is built in! Accidentally ordered one and realized later that I dont need it...after reading the manual.

If you buy the V3 board they have out now...the PEX is built in! Accidentally ordered one and realized later that I dont need it...after reading the manual.
So as saying you don't need the power extender what is the PEX I am a nub at this just learning and I like it. Thanks.....Jim

For anyone interested, I am planning on making an entire video series dedicated to the complete assembly and electronics installation on a Graflex 2.0. These videos will be a step-by-step breakdown on how to build this saber from start to finish and be broken into individual "episodes" (Get it? lol) to make it as easy as possible to follow along. I will be using the standard 7/8" inner core, a NBv3 and a G.O.T.H. 3Designs "Knight" chassis with a full crystal chamber. I will make sure to include every step, every modification and every hint necessary to make your first build as easy to understand and accomplish as possible. Although I have several years of experience in similar fields, like you I am new to this hobby and my goal is to show that you don't have to be a Master Saber Smith to assemble this kit (Though some would have you believe you do). I am not a professional smith and will never claim to be, but that is the point of these videos. With the right degree of practice, patience and research anyone can assemble them. I will also provide a breakdown of every part AND tool required for this build as well links as where to find them. There is a LOT of info floating around out there and I want to bring it all to one place that is easy to understand and follow. I am waiting on another Graflex kit to arrive so please allow me only a couple of weeks to get these videos online. My only goal is to help people who share a common love of this hobby. Thank you for your time and MTFBWY

Good plan, can't wait to see.

As said I'm a nub so this nano biscotte v.3 doesn't need a power extender and this is built into this board. This would for sure cut out some wire and soldering. I'm thinking about a crystal chamber in one of mine I love the vid that has the brass crystal chamber is this chassis one you can buy or was it hand made if so what a saber smith this guy is. Man hooking up all the lighting this chamber has as well as effects would be something to learn and I'm all in on this. I want a chamber just like this, how was it done. Thanks....Jim

Thanks for this - I wasn't sure where they were planning on putting the aux switch based on the description. How is it the cover going to be held in place, glue?
Yes these are the same parts I need where did it come from I need please help. Thanks.....Jim

As said I'm a nub so this nano biscotte v.3 doesn't need a power extender and this is built into this board. This would for sure cut out some wire and soldering. I'm thinking about a crystal chamber in one of mine I love the vid that has the brass crystal chamber is this chassis one you can buy or was it hand made if so what a saber smith this guy is. Man hooking up all the lighting this chamber has as well as effects would be something to learn and I'm all in on this. I want a chamber just like this, how was it done. Thanks....Jim

That is right. The NB3 will not need a pex.

Vader from the IRA used to do disc kits but it looks like he's only producing competed hilts and selling by auction.

GrafleX Chassis by Vader
http://imperialroyalarms.com/thread/1320

There are several saber smiths who can do nice Crystal chambers by commission...

Light installation for korbanth graflex 2.0 (updated with tier pricing)
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=253524

Yes these are the same parts I need where did it come from I need please help. Thanks.....Jim

If you're using the NB3, you won't need an aux switch. I'm pretty sure it's not supported because it's more of an entry level sound board.

Chris

Thanks very much I will check these links. This will help and not needing the pex will most for sure cut out those extra wires what about the aux switch. Thanks....Jim

Thanks for all the info I bought a few parts off the list. The 7/8" heatsinks are still in stock if anyone has not purchased one yet.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back