Graflex 2.0 Sabers - Show your work / Talk Electronics

Here is the link to the 7/8 heat sink. Its out of stock at the moment but it doesnt stay out of stock for long. Keep checking.

7/8 Heatsink

Thanks for starting this thread, AT!

I've ordered all these parts but the one huge challenge has been finding someone that sells. 7/8 heat sink. I hear that TCSS will have some soon. So I'm looking forward to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to love this post!! I've been checking out five different forums so far researching things and already planning a second build.

After a lot of back and forth deciding I finally pulled the trigger today on the Padawan Chassis from Goth3D / Darth Ryo. If anyone elase is interested use "SHOPSHIPFEB16" and you get free shipping on Shapeways.

A lot of my parts in already, actually when I get home later i'll inventory and post what my plans are.

I ordered my Nano Biscotte v3 right from Plecter Labs, I was stalking him a bit on FB and saw the post that he got had them in stock.

- - - Updated - - -
ATDI What blade did you get from Vader's Vault? They have clear, white, shine through, etc, etc. A bunch of combos and i haven't seen that many pics of the full blades with the differences to compare.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? Wow that sucks. He was basically printing money with those things.
Anyone know of any other 7/8 Heat Sink suppliers?

Yeah. I emailed him and he said he does not have any plans to restock them.

- - - Updated - - -

I got the trans-white 36" with mirrored round tip. Haven't received it yet. I'll post pics when it gets here.

I ordered my Nano Biscotte v3 right from Plecter Labs, I was stalking him a bit on FB and saw the post that he got had them in stock.

- - - Updated - - -
@ATDI What blade did you get from Vader's Vault? They have clear, white, shine through, etc, etc. A bunch of combos and i haven't seen that many pics of the full blades with the differences to compare.

Really? Wow that sucks. He was basically printing money with those things.
Anyone know of any other 7/8 Heat Sink suppliers?

- - - Updated - - -

I got the trans-white 36" with mirrored round tip. Haven't received it yet. I'll post pics when it gets here.

I believe TCSS will eventually be coming out with 7/8" heatsinks.

I have no skill for something like this, but what's the cost difference to having a 7/8" simple heatsink put on shapeways for ad-hoc printing in aluminum?

I've never heard of the Spark Color 2. It looks like a good alternative.

Here is a link in case anyone wants to see it - http://www.saberigniter.com/sparkcolor2.aspx

Once you get it and start your build please post about it here so we can use it as a resource.

Yeah, after taxes are filed I'm planning on going all out for this one - Darth Ryo's two-part 3D printed chassis with the Spark color 2, tri-cree B/rB/W.

My only other electronic saber is an upgraded SF Luke ROTJ hero with a nano biscotte v2 - but that's much more of a hack job and I want this graflex build to be super clean.

Last edited:
Just ordered the board from TCSS. Before they sell out again...gonna order the 1" adapter from VV next I guess...seems like a good idea. Not sure if I should be getting the led holder from TCSS or the heat sink from VV though?

Im thinking like my fett do it once do it right...so im trying to get everything lined up, not sure if the GOTH chasis will work with the VV blade holder though...only thing with the 7/8 blade it seems theres no heat sinks available? Im also wondering if a 1" blade if I got the VV adapter would fit through the standard opening of the hilt...not sure of the technical term really but where the blade would insert....

The GOTH chassis is getting updated for the VV blade holder. If you mean will a 1" blade fit through the bunny ears part of the saber, it will, but you'd have to pinch it open when putting the blade in. The main thing I want to do is have my led module attached to the top of the chassis, and ideally some sort of connector for the red button switch wiring, so that the entire electronics module can be removed out of the hilt.

I'm pretty sure that you can get a correct heat sink at the same time when ordering the VV adapter (Which is now currently backordered)
1c346d770ba93230aa9b3465dc8e6ec1.jpg

The GOTH chassis is getting updated for the VV blade holder. If you mean will a 1" blade fit through the bunny ears part of the saber, it will, but you'd have to pinch it open when putting the blade in. The main thing I want to do is have my led module attached to the top of the chassis, and ideally some sort of connector for the red button switch wiring, so that the entire electronics module can be removed out of the hilt.

The most common type of connector for these builds are JST connectors...

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/JST-Connectors-C127.aspx

These are helpful in modular systems with prewired wiring harness....

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/LED-DriversSound-C135.aspx

The harness system may not be as useful if using Goth's 3D printed chassis as it requires such small wire (28-30AWG) but can be used when building your own chassis with acrylic chassis discs...

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Chassis-Parts-C74.aspx

Chris

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back