TFA Star Destroyer Capacitor Bearing

Tasjo

topsideview.png StarDestroyerCapacitorBearing.png

Upon my first viewing of TFA one of the minor prop pieces stood out as something I had seen before, but it wasn't until the second viewing that I could confirm what I saw was something not unknown to the RPF : http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=181534&highlight=screwdriver+grenade
Luckily my local 99 cent store had about a dozen of these screwdriver sets :)

2016-02-04 16.38.06.png

The base part appears to be identical to a part found on Rey's staff but the middle section doesn't look like any other part found on it..
Not the most groundbreaking discovery but I thought I'd share.

If you want to go hard core and money is not an issue, the staff part was identified as a Burnerd multisized chuck collet.
About $50.+
You just have to find the right size with the correct number of ridges.

What store?

Just a local 99 cent + store, but I'm sure there's an online source somewhere.

If you want to go hard core and money is not an issue, the staff part was identified as a Burnerd multisized chuck collet.
About $50.+
You just have to find the right size with the correct number of ridges.

Thanks for the tip, I'll keep my eye out for one. Certainly makes the 3D printed prices look a a little better though :lol

Just managed to snag one for $25 :) Now to figure out the middle. I do have one good side shot of it:
sidecloseupcrop.png

Edit: Now that I look at it knowing what the collet looks like from the top I think it's just a ring around the cap piece.

That's an interesting find! It's definitely different to see someone who has an eye for props that are outside the realm of lightsabers and blasters and such. I really like it

Just a local 99 cent + store, but I'm sure there's an online source somewhere.

You think I could Paypal to the cost plus shipping to snag me a set?

- - - Updated - - -

Just managed to snag one for $25 :) Now to figure out the middle. I do have one good side shot of it:
View attachment 587110

Edit: Now that I look at it knowing what the collet looks like from the top I think it's just a ring around the cap piece.

How many ridges did you get 6 or 8?

6 ridges. It doesn't look like the right number but it's good enough for me :)

So far ever one I have found has six ridges. I am curious though, how did you size it? What is the diameter of the base of the screwdriver case? Since you're the only one who currently has one.

So far ever one I have found has six ridges. I am curious though, how did you size it? What is the diameter of the base of the screwdriver case? Since you're the only one who currently has one.

To be honest I just eyeballed it based on the scale of a few things in the auction photo. The diameter of the base is 2.5 in. where it flares at the bottom and 2.25 in where the cover fits on.

Received my Burnerd multisized chuck collet yesterday and have started to put this together.

First I cut the top part of the holders base off just below the treads for the cap.
0210161357c.png

After a little bit of dremeling the base piece now fits over the collet, which I believe may have been done on the original.

Attachments

• 0210161357b.png
    0210161357b.png
    880.5 KB · Views: 240
  • 0210161357.png
    0210161357.png
    808.6 KB · Views: 253
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back