Rogue One - Jyn Erso BlasTech A180 Blaster Pistol

Re: Rogue One Felicity Jones gun - ideas

That's probably the highest res image we have of that shot of Jyn. Thanks for that!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Someone say shot of gin ?

starofbombay.jpg

That's probably the highest res image we have of that shot of Jyn. Thanks for that!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Interesting the only the last hole of the barrel holes is see through (without anything behind it) You can see the edge of an insert in the next hole

Hey guys just thought I'd share my build

A180 1 web.jpg

Also made a video on how I made it

A few things wrong here and there but overall pretty happy with it :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Picked up a replica Luger P08 Artillery version the other day with a plan to make a metal A180 - most the parts seem quite easily machinable it looks like.

Well... I haven't devoured an RPF thread like this in a while. I have had the correct airsoft since the movie came out and I am FINALLY ready to do something with it. First things first... modelling the parts in Fusion 360. I have a rough model of the receiver cover, but feel that a few things are still off. Want to rework it a bit more and then I'll have one printed to test before milling in steel.

jyn-erso-a180-blaster-pistol-receiver-cover-model-wip-1.JPG

Observation: I've noticed that this panel is flat rather than having a rectangular "flare" on the original gun (maybe this is useful for identification of the original used prop?).
View attachment 696826
According to the model that I'm using, this piece appears to have a surface behind it that flares out close to the front. I'm hesitant to remove this panel (it would probably take forever to make it flat). Has anyone filed this part off of an actual physical version of their gun?

My plan is to stick as close to what I can see on the screen used piece as possible... so yes, I am going to be filing the little hump flat off this part so the receiver shroud will fit.

Here is one of the first areas I am addressing for the receiver shroud to mount properly (thanks to whoever mentioned doing this). I am building a very plain piece of 3mm aluminum in this shape to fill the gap just above the on the right side of the pistol. Should be pretty easy to do.

jyn-erso-a180-blaster-pistol-right-side-cavity.jpg

Certainly nothing earth shattering, but filler plate is complete. Now to revisit the rest of the receiver shroud.

jyn-erso-a180-blaster-pistol-right-side-filler-plate.JPG

Initial cuts and weathering complete. Now, I need to fill in the safety lettering and repaint the safety areas, then reweather.

jyn-erso-a180-blaster-pistol-initial-breakdown-1.jpg

jyn-erso-a180-blaster-pistol-initial-breakdown-2.jpg

jyn-erso-a180-blaster-pistol-initial-breakdown-3.jpg

Need to check over a number of things, verify measurements and whatnot... and then we are off to print a fitting prototype!

jyn-erso-a180-blaster-pistol-3d-progress-3.JPG

jyn-erso-a180-blaster-pistol-3d-progress-3a.JPG

Made one final adjustment to how the barrel attaches (I have a set screw going into the tip of the barrel of the Luger P08 so it helps stabilize the barrel and hold everything together). The only thing I am not super happy about is the barrel ring. It slides onto the rifle guide but that is about it... nothing is keeping it there. :(

jyn-erso-a180-blaster-pistol-3d-progress-3b.JPG

Man that looks fantastic...

The 3D test-fit will tell the truth. It looks pretty but if it doesn't fit like a glove (place OJ joke here)...

So, this breaks down to 9 components, not including screws:

• BlasTech A180 Pistol - Barrel Ring
  • BlasTech A180 Pistol - Barrel Tip
  • BlasTech A180 Pistol - Barrel
  • BlasTech A180 Pistol - Inner Barrel
  • BlasTech A180 Pistol - Receiver Filler Plate
  • BlasTech A180 Pistol - Receiver Mount Left
  • BlasTech A180 Pistol - Receiver Mount Right
  • BlasTech A180 Pistol - Rifle Connector
  • BlasTech A180 Pistol - Take-down Switch Greeblie

Total for printing these 9 parts from Shapeways: $88.27 shipped.

So we can order it through Shapeways in a month or two?

I suppose you could... but these files weren't created to be printed parts and I am not sure how well they would hold up. A lot of the walls are very thin as they were designed to be made in metal. I am only printing them as test-fit pieces before going to metal. I suppose I could go back and put some things together so it would be more sturdy as a printed part, but again, that isn't how it is currently designed.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back