Rogue One - Jyn Erso BlasTech A180 Blaster Pistol

Re: Rogue One Felicity Jones gun - ideas

I have mine. I bought a Legends Luger P.08 on Amazon a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

I made the blaster I posted a page back with a Denix Artillery. And I wonder what the on-screen prop uses because mine is heavy as hell. A few minutes of waving it around and my arm hurts. I can't image it being good for multiple takes over and over.

The same argument i hear from Stormies regarding Sterlings, MG34, Lewis, ...... and from Rebels on the Mauser, ....

I always wonder if any of them were ever in the Army, handling their weapons all day? What do people think weapons weight, when it´s no plastic toy gun?

Actor arms are waaaay weaker than military arms. Plus they drop things a lot more often-- hence most stunts being resin and paint.

Quite.

Having spent a year lugging a big ol' H&K G3 around the local countryside, a lot of light props/bad actors tears me out of the film experience. Even the strongest guys can't wave guns around like some actors do. Real weapons are heavy.

What do you folks think the extra detailing under the new silver barrel/ flash hider is ?

To me look it looks like it consists of three parts -
Screen Shot 2016-05-20 at 12.54.46.png
a barrel shroud that would slot over the existing barrel - the silver flash hider (which to me looks like a single piece with a cutaway slot on the underside?) and a black larger outer ring that slots or clamps on over the flash hider - potentially to keep it in place?

Judging by the absence of the safety lever in this image, is it safe to say that the image has either been flipped, or that the Luger's safety has been removed? Also, is everybody thinking black grips as opposed to the woodgrain? Or painted woodgrain perhaps?

Jynn Blaster.jpg

There is a hole where the safety lever hooks into the gun. It's just been removed.

And just as I ordered a standard...
Hopefully someone will work out a conversion kit if there's enough demand, can see the standard PO8 being an easier find for many.

There are also the older versions of the denix which chambered 9mm dummies. I'm pretty sure they were more accurate too

I just purchased a Denix Artillery. I must say I am disappointed. I do not normally buy replica firearms but I do have a couple of Marui models. The ones I have are basically identical to the real weapons. I purchased this Denix precisely to make Jyn's weapon. There are several problems with this replica, some of which will make it more difficult to re-purpose. First the toggle does not lock open. This is an iconic element of the Luger, if it doesn't work it is not even a good toy. That may not be important for the Erso weapon but it is indicative of other weakness. One unique feature of the Artillery version of the Luger was the 8-position sight. This Denix has a non-working, non-adjustable clump of metal which only swivels up and down. Again maybe not important for this thread but just poor lack of detail. The biggest drawback is a non-existent safety. Yes it is a non-firing replica, but here the "safety" is just a protrusion of metal which is a part of the frame. It can not be moved or removed. The only choice will be to grind it off. Again maybe not an issue for some as to be accurate to the photos seen so far, the ridges on the back of the frame near this bump of metal also need to be ground off.

Maybe this model will suffice for my build but I would be very interested in other replicas people have actual experience with and their review of the products specifically for use in this thread. In any case it would be good for buyers to know what they are going to get before they send off their money.

Thank you Friendly. This looks much more functional. Again probably not needed for this build as the barrel shroud will be covering that portion of the weapon. But if I switch back this will be much better than the Denix-supplied version of the sight.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back