Rogue One - Jyn Erso BlasTech A180 Blaster Pistol

Re: Rogue One Felicity Jones gun - ideas

Hope this works and that it's OK to copy this from another thread. I'm more interested in the Luger here of course.

No problem quoting from the other post. I would say however, that my understanding of how the baton works has come along since I wrote that the other day, and I have a new post up which explains my thinking on it (with pictures) more clearly.

I just did my custom blaster with a Luger base. Probably won't match up with what we see in the movie-- but here's what it looks like with a SW style scope.

metal_blaster1.jpg

There's going to be a ton of cool weapons to make from this one.
Did you notice the stormtroopers fighting with Donnie Yen have TWO scopes on their E-11's?
The normal One on the top rail and a small secondary on the front side of the barrel. Felicity Jones uses it too. IMDB suggests it may be a flashlight.
In the picture of Felicity holding the gun in the street fight the top scope appears to have a column mount rather than our old favourite steel rail.

View attachment 612683 View attachment 612684 View attachment 618625

and then there's this guy. That sidearm looks vicious! I want it already. I'm just hoping it's based on something real.

View attachment 612686

and these stormtroopers have a new gun which looks wicked. Especially the heat-blued chromey barrels.
Again, I hope the base is a real thing so I can get a base to build on.

View attachment 618623

That gun Ben Mendelsohn is holding looks like its based off of an MP40. Im actually 100% positive thats what it is.

That gun Ben Mendelsohn is holding looks like its based off of an MP40. Im actually 100% positive thats what it is.

Just hack the barrel off, lose the mag, chrome it up and off we go! I'm so glad this is based on WWII european military weaponry like all the original trilogy stuff.

Hey, Mat, SethS - How do you get your pictures to fill the window? All I can do is add thumbnails.

Last edited:

Whilst checking dimensions (trying to work out where the barrel is cut off) I notice there is also a thin silver scope with black mount rings, along the top of the blaster.

Rogue02.jpg Untitled-1.jpg

Lugers, MP40's, proper Sterling E-11's. This is going to be epic for gun collectors!

Hey userd1402 nice work on the pics.

When your writing your post and you insert a pic, double click on it and it will let you edit the size and position.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Whilst checking dimensions (trying to work out where the barrel is cut off) I notice there is also a thin silver scope with black mount rings, along the top of the blaster.

View attachment 621072 View attachment 621071

Lugers, MP40's, proper Sterling E-11's. This is going to be epic for gun collectors!

Great job on the pictures! I just made a new thread on this blaster for further discussion if you'd like to join
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=260358

Pretty cool, not blowing me away though (zing). I hope there's a scope or something on the other side, looks like there could be!

Based on the pics of the gun in it's holster from page 1, doesn't look like there is a scope on the other side. The holster is slim.

I like it. But yeah, it's just a luger with a tube on the barrel and some flat stuff hex screwed onto the sides. But then again, it's probably meant to be a low rent street blaster she got cheap in some back alley.

screen_shot_2016-05-17_at_2.42.34_am_large.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-17 at 17.40.30.png
It looks like the kind of thing that'd be standard issue (and personally, more empire than rebel?).
"Here's your target location and a gun. Go out, do your job, and don't expect us to be there if it goes wrong."
I'm already pretty fond of it - picking up a legends P08 this weekend.

I wonder if this was a leftover blaster from the TFA production. Seems like something that maybe JJ saw and said "I like the thingy on the barrel" and then they kept iterating. It would make sense to share assets.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back