Rogue One - Jyn Erso BlasTech A180 Blaster Pistol

Re: Rogue One Felicity Jones gun - ideas

They're definitely black, but whether or not they're plastic or wood is dependent on the replica they used as a base.
At the moment I'm more interested in the difference between a Denix and the Legends P08 (bar the internals), what's making people lean towards one more-so than the other?

Thanks man! I can tell there's a difference in the colors, but I couldn't decide if what I was seeing would be a shade of brown or a washed out black/grey. It's a constant struggle with blues/blacks/grays!!!

Right now I'm leaning towards getting that Legends Luger. It's only $60, and ships free from Walmart.

Somehow (and don't ask me how, because I don't know) it seems to be cheaper to get a functioning airsoft here than it does to get the replica.
Legends P08 I can pick up for £80 (providing I go in and buy it across the counter), a Denix I seem to need to be able to prove that I'm part of some kind of re-enactment society and then it'll be around £85 + postage so it seems I'm picking up the former just as a matter of necessity since there isn't a license requirement.

I have seen the Denix Lugers offered here from 65 (short barrel with plastc grips) up to 100€ (long barrel Artillery version).

But off course that was only a short look around, prices probably are even more spread from shop to shop.

along time ago I bought this on ebay but didn't know what to do with it, now I do image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

That extra brown bit on yours looks really good for a star wars blaster :lol

Yeah, seen a few artillery lugers with that barrel extension, but not any airsoft/replica one's I can access in the UK.

Spent a fair amount of time looking for something like the luger carbine, but they seem to be pretty rare.
a1d0b308e08cc86bf45eea977bbf4760.jpg

Last edited:

So, it's a Luger with a shiny suppressor. I think I can manage that.

Last edited:

I've not decided on what Luger I want to get yet, but I'm really looking forward to seeing this blaster out of the holster. It looks like it will be an awesome design!

Is it possible the scope is mounted on the other side?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Is it possible the scope is mounted on the other side?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Possible but not likely. The space between the Luger and the leg seems to be too small for a scope

I just got a P08 artillery Denix to make a custom blaster... had no idea it was in the mix here. Maybe I'll hold off...

It"s just been announced (7 hours ago now) on IMDB that there will be a full trailer for Rogue One 'tomorrow' on "Good Morning America".
Maybe we will finally see the gun drawn?

It"s just been announced (7 hours ago now) on IMDB that there will be a full trailer for Rogue One 'tomorrow' on "Good Morning America".
Maybe we will finally see the gun drawn?

I loved the trailer, but sadly I don't think there was a shot of the blaster

Yup, just watched it on IMDB and it looks fantastic but the blaster stays firmly in it's holster. She does appear to wield an E-11 at one point though, which is good.

Last edited:

She's holding it while running toward the walkers. It's just too far away to do any good for us.

They're definitely black, but whether or not they're plastic or wood is dependent on the replica they used as a base.

To me they look like (slightly) worn dark brown plastic or perhaps Bakelite. Of they used an original Luger, it would be wood or Bakelite, but I'm tempted to believe like others have suggested it is based on a replica,

There's going to be a ton of cool weapons to make from this one.
Did you notice the stormtroopers fighting with Donnie Yen appear to have TWO scopes on their E-11's?
The normal One on the top rail and a small secondary on the front side of the barrel. Felicity Jones uses it too. IMFDB suggests it may be a flashlight.
In the picture of Felicity holding the gun in the street fight the top scope appears to have a column mount rather than our old favourite steel rail and some black stormtroopers have a new gun which looks wicked. Especially the heat-blued chromey barrels.
Again, I hope the base is a real thing so I can get a base to build on.

Last edited:

jttabbkxombmpvp1augh.jpg

It looks like the blaster in her right hand has a very long and thin barrel on it. Which is different from what we have seen holstered in her costume (larger diameter barrel). The blaster in her left hand looks like a flat rectangle.

From this it looks the baton hangs behind the holstered gun.

and the luger would have this huge knurled barrel (which I thought was some sort of stun baton)

I've posted this in the Jyn Erso open build thread, please forgive the cross post but I though you might be interested. I've had a quick go at modelling the baton, trying to get the dimensions right, counted the rows knurls which is about all I can do with guesstimation. Will print this in the coming week.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1480152

Screen Shot 2016-04-10 at 11.57.20 PM.png

Hope this works and that it's OK to copy this from another thread. I'm more interested in the Luger here of course.

This is correct - if you look that the bottom 40mm of the baton you can see a break where the tip comes away. The weapon is more like a mace, with swung weight at the striking end. The rest of the baton becomes just a handle.

View attachment 613517

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back