Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021
Subscribe
    From
    Las Vegas, NV
    3 Days Ago  Sep 22, 2017, 10:48 AM - Re: Rogue One - Jyn Erso BlasTech A180 Blaster Pistol #501

mgoob said: View Post
    Should have clarified the terminology I am using:

P08 for Pistol of 1908 = 4" barrel
    Navy = 6" barrel, used for this blaster
    Artillery = 8" barrel
    Gotcha. WE-Tech calls all of their airsoft pistols of this style the "P08" and then defines the barrel length afterwards.

http://www.weairsoft.com/guns/gas-bl...08-series.html

The 4 inch has a fixed rear sight which is incorrect.
    The 6 inch has the correct adjustable rear sight.
    The 8 inch has the rear sight on the barrel (again, incorrect).
    From
    Las Vegas, NV
    3 Days Ago  Sep 22, 2017, 10:58 AM - Re: Rogue One - Jyn Erso BlasTech A180 Blaster Pistol #502

Here is a REALLY good shot 1) verifying the model and 2) showing where the production ground down the back of the rear sight, again, presumably so the rifle stock would fit over this area (which is also why they notched the sides.

Also, note the on the far side, you can see the barrel sticking out from under the receiver mount which gives you an idea of how the barrel was notched to try to acomodate those very tight tolerances @s2jesse was talking about previously.

Name:  star-wars-rogue-one-jyn-erso-a180-cut-down-rear-sight.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  106.4 KB
    From
    Las Vegas, NV
    1 Day Ago  Sep 24, 2017, 11:07 AM - Re: Rogue One - Jyn Erso BlasTech A180 Blaster Pistol #503

After studying the first test print, I have gone back and reworked a great deal of the model... now at Ver 45. It probably doesn't look all that much different, but from tip to receiver, almost every part has been tweaked and adjusted. I also completely changed the way the barrel works. Previously I had a thin outer barrel and another inner barrel along with the barrel tip. Now I just have the outer barrel and a longer barrel tip that extends back to cover the barrel vent holes. I still don't quite understand that relationship, because it still seems to me that the barrel thins out internally at some point which is weird, but hat is what I have done as well.

I have also accepted that my model isn't ever going to look exactly like the original since I am not willing to offset the a180 barrel from the p08 barrel... although I did make a number of mods which should minimize the difference. Off for round 2 of printing!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jyn-erso-a180-version-45.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	119.6 KB 
ID:	761022
    From
    Las Vegas, NV
    1 Day Ago  Sep 24, 2017, 11:30 AM - Re: Rogue One - Jyn Erso BlasTech A180 Blaster Pistol #504

I have learned something new with Shapeways... may be common knowledge, but I didn't know it. If you have a model with multiple parts, it is better to send as many parts in one upload as possible, as opposed to putting up each part individually. As long as the parts aren't touching, they will be printed separately, but the price different can be as much as 20% cheaper when you lump parts into one file.
    From
    Tampa, FL
    1 Day Ago  Sep 24, 2017, 11:50 AM - Re: Rogue One - Jyn Erso BlasTech A180 Blaster Pistol #505

Will this final version be available on shapeways for us to purchase?
    From
    Las Vegas, NV
    1 Day Ago  Sep 24, 2017, 5:17 PM - Re: Rogue One - Jyn Erso BlasTech A180 Blaster Pistol #506

Unfated said: View Post
    Will this final version be available on shapeways for us to purchase?
    Since so many people have asked, but I don't want to sell myself, yes, I believe I'll just put it up on Shapeways if anyone wants a printed version. I will say again though that I am building this with the intent of making it in metal and am only printing in 3D for test fitting purposes.
  7. Member Since
    Sep 2017
    1 Day Ago  Sep 24, 2017, 7:18 PM - Re: Rogue One - Jyn Erso BlasTech A180 Blaster Pistol #507

Art Andrews said: View Post
    Since so many people have asked, but I don't want to sell myself, yes, I believe I'll just put it up on Shapeways if anyone wants a printed version. I will say again though that I am building this with the intent of making it in metal and am only printing in 3D for test fitting purposes.
    Just wondering what 3D printer do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From
    Las Vegas, NV
    3 Hours Ago  Sep 25, 2017, 7:16 PM - Re: Rogue One - Jyn Erso BlasTech A180 Blaster Pistol #508

JusJiminez said: View Post
    Just wondering what 3D printer do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't have one. I am just using Shapeways.