Rogue One - Jyn Erso BlasTech A180 Blaster Pistol

Re: Rogue One Felicity Jones gun - ideas

Putting in an order tonight http://www.surplusstore.co.uk/umarex-legends-p08.html

Going to be a long train journey to pick it up on Saturday but pesky UK laws mean you can only be sold airsoft pistols 'face to face' whilst providing two forms of I.D.
The alternative is having them deliver it to you personally (an extra £30), so I'm stomaching the train ride.

Really looking forward to starting on this, fingers crossed for that Superbowl trailer!

Nice. Where did you find the MGC?

Ebay some time ago. Have never seen another.... worse than MGC Mausers. Lol..

It's not a swiss type like the 1313 concept depicts, but the Rogue One prop may not be either.

- - - Updated - - -

XD I got the exact same idea but I bought a WE luger artillery

Great minds think alike.

But yeah I was gonna go with a zf41/42 scope and some of my own design barrel treatments.

Great to see interest in this topic, keep it up. Question , do you have any ideas about toy luger guns, like the plastic BB we have for DL44 base ? All I can see availible here (Poland) are Denix or Umarex replicas. cheapest I could find is ~75$ so not bad for metal airsoft gun.

Mat

Agreed, always good to see people excited but feels like we're at a roadblock until we get some new footage...
Fingers crossed for that superbowl trailer.

Here is a good one from Laubi (Thanks !)

SW-R1-ITFNBG2016%202.jpg

and some edit
big-1.jpg

As far as replicas go the upgradedversion Umarex Legends P 08 Blow Back seems legit. It doesn't have the rivet at the back of the slide (red ) and has more rounded edges on the round part (blue) Also the screw head on the grip is bigger than on the other airsoft guns​

Last edited by a moderator:

Nice find! Assuming the flash hider is a separate part, but it looks like it may be more or less one piece that just sits on top of the gun.
Doesn't look like there's room there for a scope of any sort.

Here is a good one from Laubi (Thanks !)

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd144/TR-7518/SW - R1/SW-R1-ITFNBG2016 2.jpg

and some edit
http://mkleathers.pl/wp-content/gallery/ro/big-1.JPG

As far as replicas go the upgradedversion Umarex Legends P 08 Blow Back seems legit. It doesn't have the rivet at the back of the slide (red ) and has more rounded edges on the round part (blue) Also the screw head on the grip is bigger than on the other airsoft guns​

YES! Confirmation! It's a Luger! It definitely looks like there is a side bracket for a scope. We also get the color of the grips! Honestly, It looks like a Denix base. The rounded rack nob is actually pretty common among Lugers (blue) and denix has them. The red is (I think) just an indented plate from the "stamping", which would also be common among Lugers, as they couldn't be produced fast enough by machining. I'm not 100% sure it is a denix since the trademarking is blocked by the new bracket.

Last edited:

I still think that it looks like there isn't enough room in that holster for there to be a scope attached. I think that "bracket" is more of just a plate attached to make it look a bit less like a Luger, possibly to hide a Denix stamp.

But honestly, this is all wild conjecture until we can see a full shot of it.

I still think that it looks like there isn't enough room in that holster for there to be a scope attached. I think that "bracket" is more of just a plate attached to make it look a bit less like a Luger, possibly to hide a Denix stamp.

But honestly, this is all wild conjecture until we can see a full shot of it.

I actually now think you're right about no scope. And we thought the same thing about the bracket covering up the Denix stamp:D

Wonder why they filed the back ridging off? I mean I'd assume it's just to make the build look cleaner and less like a luger, isn't the cleanest of jobs though.

Wonder why they filed the back ridging off? I mean I'd assume it's just to make the build look cleaner and less like a luger, isn't the cleanest of jobs though.

I agree that it isn't the cleanest job, but they might have done it to just add personality to the gun, or to make it look less like a Luger like you said.

Are the grips black or wooden? I'm color blind between dark colors, so I'd appreciate some input from better eyes. LOL

They're definitely black, but whether or not they're plastic or wood is dependent on the replica they used as a base.
At the moment I'm more interested in the difference between a Denix and the Legends P08 (bar the internals), what's making people lean towards one more-so than the other?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back