Rogue One - Jyn Erso BlasTech A180 Blaster Pistol

Re: Rogue One Felicity Jones gun - ideas

Anyone have any ideas for holding the bracket on without glue or permanently changing the luger? I want to be able to swap between stock luger and swarsy luger. Best I can think of is bolts keeping it tight via friction.

I made my piece very tight to the body, if one is done with metal, it may "snap" into place, but as far as it staying in place through usage, I don't think it will stay on without the screws. I know that when you cock it, it does shift the shroud unless it's bolted in place. I imagine they bolted it so that when firing, it doesn't throw the barrel shroud off the gun.

Here's a couple daylight shots.

105b0263a421fb45b7a51f126e719b01.jpg

7ed5cb7483fe3ddfc1205767944891fc.jpg

If anyone wants to 3D print the prop, I've been working on a model the last couple days, available on thingiverse: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2000666

Cool Design, cutting the barrel into 2 parts is an idea I never considered. You might want to add the tag just "blaster" to your entry on Thingverse, I noticed that most the Star Wars blasters listed have that tag. Just a note, I couldn't open your files in Cinema4D (I was going to tinker with it). I was thinking maybe connect the under-barrel piece to the around-barrel ring to make a single piece that doesn't require gluing or attaching.

I've been also working with the Greaser57's model Luger (which is itself is based on Daniel Lillygreen's).

Could anybody help me out with theses numbers (I know they will be estimates): The length and diameter of the barrel? I've been 3D modeling, and was curious.
Screen Shot 2016-12-29 at 4.15.17 PM.png
If anyone is interested in collaboration, I might be able to help. (I'm too poor to afford any of this stuff, so I try to create them digitally).

Last edited:

Just realized something, the sling mount on her gun, the one that's attached to the plate with 2 bolts at the back. How does that fit in her holster? That mount piece sticks out so far, that's gotta be uncomfortable next to your hip. Maybe that's why it's there on some shots and gone for others, maybe it was hurting Felicity?

Cool Design, cutting the barrel into 2 parts is an idea I never considered. You might want to add the tag just "blaster" to your entry on Thingverse, I noticed that most the Star Wars blasters listed have that tag. Just a note, I couldn't open your files in Cinema4D (I was going to tinker with it). I was thinking maybe connect the under-barrel piece to the around-barrel ring to make a single piece that doesn't require gluing or attaching.

I've been also working with the Greaser57's model Luger (which is itself is based on Daniel Lillygreen's).

Could anybody help me out with theses numbers (I know they will be estimates): The length and diameter of the barrel? I've been 3D modeling, and was curious.
View attachment 693975
If anyone is interested in collaboration, I might be able to help. (I'm too poor to afford any of this stuff, so I try to create them digitally).

Thanks! I split it into multiple pieces mainly to accommodate people who have smaller machines - like myself. Problem I am now having though, being a novice modeller, is that as the Luger is made from a number of pieces, the gun is not 'solid', there are cavities and manifolds inside the receiver part which I am not able to remedy.

From my measurements, the diameter of the barrel is 30mm for the major length and 35mm for the band. How I found this was working from the length of the Luger sans barrel; finding this was ~142mm long, then measuring/scaling from screen captures.

Untitled.png

Edit: I'm not sure what Cinema4D is but I can provide you STLs if you'd like.

Edit 2: Actually I managed to fix 99% of the internal imperfections with MeshLab, so now I'm happy!

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    253.9 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:

Just realized something, the sling mount on her gun, the one that's attached to the plate with 2 bolts at the back. How does that fit in her holster? That mount piece sticks out so far, that's gotta be uncomfortable next to your hip. Maybe that's why it's there on some shots and gone for others, maybe it was hurting Felicity?
I haven't seen a single shot outside the video game that has the part with the sling swivel mount.

I don't think it was there in the film.

I still kinda wanna build that part for my blaster, but it's not high priority.

I haven't seen a single shot outside the video game that has the part with the sling swivel mount.

I don't think it was there in the film.

I still kinda wanna build that part for my blaster, but it's not high priority.

Can see it definitely present in this shot:
http://i0.wp.com/makingstarwars.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/IMG_4126.jpg

Not sure if these are from backstage shots or cosplays but it's present in these too:
http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=640128&d=1467500746
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160813/5154a032e1173eec7f41bef50f39618b.jpg

Nope, we're not talking about the same thing. The sling swivel mount is on the other side.
17e2a8bba16329b65a6666a964816f3c.jpg

But you also brought up something else with that first photo. There's definitely some black paint on top of the mount, for whatever reason. I saw it in another photo, thinking it might've been a shadow, but there's not really any denying it now.
29310dd375b4f06e9e36add8a4ecdb1f.jpg

Last edited:

It's not done yet, and I have a new lower rail I'm working on too, so If I sell anything, it will be a mod kit that you can upgrade to. Patience, I just got the idea moving this evening. I'll be working on it this weekend. I'll post pics when I get it to a point I like.

Has anyone identified and added the "adjustment knob" on the right-hand side of the rail just at the end of her finger in this photo?

I thought it might be used as part of a bolt/nut clamp to hold the rear of the rail tight to the trigger guard.
I'm still trying to figure out what that is! You may be on to something, there.

It definitely looks like it sits up about a half inch off the gun.

It's not done yet, and I have a new lower rail I'm working on too, so If I sell anything, it will be a mod kit that you can upgrade to. Patience, I just got the idea moving this evening. I'll be working on it this weekend. I'll post pics when I get it to a point I like.
That's awesome, man! You're a machine!

I'd be happy to be your guinea pig for the new parts. Looks like the one you showed us will just slap right over the existing mount? Or will we have to cut away that back side?

That's awesome, man! You're a machine!

I'd be happy to be your guinea pig for the new parts. Looks like the one you showed us will just slap right over the existing mount? Or will we have to cut away that back side?

My hope is that you take out the screws and just glue it over the existing side. Then drill and screw back in. (fingers crossed)

Noice! That's what I was thinking, as well.

BTW, the four little nubbins on the top side of the mount don't even look like screws. I wonder what they are?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back