My TFA Collection, so far

jhusel

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I got some new props in and finished building a few up, so I thought I'd share.

First up is my TFA Lightsaber, Rey used.
swtfareylightsaber.jpg

Kylo Ren's Lightsaber, all metal
SWTFAKyloRenLightsaber.jpg

swtfakylorenlightsaber2.jpg

And finally, my F-11D Stormtrooper Blaster Rifle, kit from Justinian, finished by me. I love this one!!
swtfastormtrooperblasterrifle.jpg

swtfastormtrooperblasterrifle2.jpg

swtfastormtrooperblasterrifle3.jpg

swtfastormtrooperblasterrifle4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah - how do get that perfect white background please? Tips? Show us your setup! (Not to ignore the props! Cool too!)

Yeah - how do get that perfect white background please? Tips? Show us your setup! (Not to ignore the props! Cool too!)

Use a big sheet of white paper (something more like card stock in thickness).

Best way I can describe what to do next:

Lay half of the paper, or whatever, on the ground near a wall, with the other half running up the wall.

Do not crease the paper, but allow a curve where the floor and wall meet.

Put an object on the paper, on the floor.

Take pictures so that the paper running up the wall is in the background.

Due to the curve of the paper, the picture will show all white. Especially if the lighting is set well.

I recommend taping the paper to the wall, and floor, so that it won't move.

This was a lot harder to explain than I thought, but it's a very simple concept.

If anyone can explain better, or even show a picture of what I'm describing, that would be nice. I'm sure a lot of you use the same technique.

Nothing special. I use two large foam core boards, one as the bottom and one propped up behind it. Then I use an old digital camera on a tripod, with no flash. It’s really all in the settings. I’m just using my fluorescent lights in my shop as lighting.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back