Omel's Chewbacca WIP- Slooooow Budget build ;)

Re: Omel's Chewbacca WIP- Budget build ;)

Subscribeddd! (Also to the Bowcaster one.). Dammit, this is so cool!

have procastinated on continuing this for some time now, have had no success sourcing the gray hair locally ( only plain white and plain black available so far, and blending that is another tedious task i cringe thinking about, because i might screw up on the color outcome), but hopefully if the bowcaster turns out ok, will motivate my lazy ass to finish this. ;)

have procastinated on continuing this for some time now, have had no success sourcing the gray hair locally ( only plain white and plain black available so far, and blending that is another tedious task i cringe thinking about, because i might screw up on the color outcome), but hopefully if the bowcaster turns out ok, will motivate my lazy ass to finish this. ;)
YOUUU CAN DOOOOOOO ITTTT
Haha
I know how you feel dude, but one day you'll want to go back to it :).

Hi all,

Took this out from storage and completed hair attachment to the right foot/bucket stilt...

have begun on the other foot...

once the pair is done, shall proceed to hook latch hair to the mesh undersuit..

thanks for looking!

Happy Easter!

Hi all,

bit the bullet and had the satchel commissioned ( attempted to DIY it...but failed miserably..hahaha) , sent reference photos to the leather maker and did this, i know it looks brand new so it will need weathering. cost me only 50 USD. ;)

Hello everyone,

Needing motivation to work on Chewie again...... did initial weathering to the satchel and attached to the Bandolier to check proportions against myself while wearing the feet/stilts.

put on the unfinished mask and held the Bowcaster to get a feeling of accomplishment. haha.

please excuse the messed up room.

Comment and suggestions welcomed.

Thanks for looking.

An83jbX.jpg

ZmGNhkf.jpg

a few centimeters done every once in a while is better than getting nothing done at all is better i suppose.....patience,patience,patience...( photo taken with and without flash...colors change considerably)

1uU0FtG.jpg

sCbZXCx.jpg

Hi Omel,
may I ask whether this method of applying hair to your costume can be used to applying shorter hair (max 1 inch) to an EVA foam body?
Thank you for your reply.

Hi George,

The lower portion of these feet start off with about 2 inch length of hair, so i believe it whould work with your project, you may also test "Gel" type of super glue to see which works better with EVA

A lot of photos in your thread,mainly on page 1,seem to have been removed or have become 'inactive' ; I can't view them anymore.
So basically your method is to glue hair extensions on a surface and let them overlap one another?

A lot of photos in your thread,mainly on page 1,seem to have been removed or have become 'inactive' ; I can't view them anymore.
So basically your method is to glue hair extensions on a surface and let them overlap one another?

yep , Photobucket did a d**kmove and wants to charge $399 to be able to link photos to forums. am using imgur now. and yes basically i glue ( rubber cement) hair in increments going around then up, essentially 'overlapping" the lower part done

Hi Everyone,

long time no update, this build along with some others were hibernated yet again because my Dad passed away last August.. anyways i had finally found some Gray hair extensions which although not the exact shade i would want...seems to be close enough ( although a little shiny and too straight), draped it over Chewies head and compared the color to a screen cap..hopefully when it gets handled during the latching procedure it will lose its sheen and be less straight. MTFBW us all.

xx8qCC9.jpg

Finally got around to attaching hair to the mask..was going for ROTJ but the messed up volume of hair required led me to just settle for a cross between the OT versions ( for now) hehe

O5d2t5Q.jpg

zEUvSHr.jpg

svB9J0p.jpg

fJxPHnM.jpg

comments and suggestions highly appreciated.

thanks for viewing

Last edited:
Looking great! Always envious of Wookiee builders. One of these days I will give it a shot.

I've given some thought into using a gorilla mask as the basis, and using mostly black hair and doing Krrsantan.

I'm. 6'3", so with stilts I think I could pull off an impressive costume.

Go for it. a Wookiee is a fun build that will test your patience..hahaha.. attaching hair will drive you nuts. but in a fun way.. hehe, have a vist on the Rebel Legion forums and you'll get great tips from seasoned Wookie builders. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I am just in AWE of this build. Omel, You never disappoint

Thanks, i am equally impressed with your respective build threads

I was actually thinking of cheating on the fur suit. I have a ghillie suit that, when brushed out, looks like fur. I've used it for years with a Halloween costume. I'm gonna pick up another and try to dye it black with the industrial RIT dye, and latch in fur (hair extensions) to fill in any gaps. Then glue the hair onto the gorilla mask, leave a spot bald for the scar. Then all I'd need to do is make the stilt boots, for which I will brazenly copy what you've done, and make some gloves.

I was actually thinking of cheating on the fur suit. I have a ghillie suit that, when brushed out, looks like fur. I've used it for years with a Halloween costume. I'm gonna pick up another and try to dye it black with the industrial RIT dye, and latch in fur (hair extensions) to fill in any gaps. Then glue the hair onto the gorilla mask, leave a spot bald for the scar. Then all I'd need to do is make the stilt boots, for which I will brazenly copy what you've done, and make some gloves.

looking forward to your build.

did some test latch hooking to the mesh i got..holes are too small,

QIdDh4o.jpg

2bHwUbq.jpg

will either look for new mesh with bigger holes of find Latch tool that is smaller. also considering having the mesh suit made by local seamstress..

made the mouth a little smaller and gave a little smile... minor hair styling to lessen the pointy top..will add hair to make it more ROTJ..while i wait for the mesh suit i'm having done by our local seamstress...

XWvEpGE.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back