The Expanse: EVA Suit Project.

EightyTwo

So I am watching The Expanse on Syfy, the EVA Suit, I want it. I am going to start a project, step by step and update as I go. I really want to make a replica because it looks so cool. As of now I have identified one of the MCRN, Martian weapons used in the show. It is an ECHO 1 MTC3 Airsoft Gun with slight modifications, but just from looking at the rifle I am pretty sure it is the same model. I am new to this so this will be updated as it progresses, if I got the wrong gun used as the base for the prop then call me out and an edit will be issued.

MCRN Rifle:

5d57ee114cef8d08c58db329459ba829.png

And this is the Echo 1 MTC 3.
aeg-e1-mtc3-3.jpg

At this moment I am currently taking taking measurements for the Helmet of the EVA Suit. I am comparing actors height and trying to use scale/reference objects to find accurate dimensions of the helmet.

Wonderful! I'm a big fan of The Expanse.

"We" have a weapons & props thread in the props section: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=252220&highlight=expanse

Are you making a Martian suit, a P&K / Beratnas Gas suit or a Tycho suit? The UN also has armored suits.

However, I think the MCRN rifle is an APS UAR 501: https://gndn.wordpress.com/2015/12/20/the-expanse-martian-long-gun/

Your pic seems to be one of the so-called Star Helix rifles, which I think are Umarex H&K SL9's: https://gndn.wordpress.com/2015/12/24/the-expanse-star-helix-long-guns/

-MJ

Here are a few items for the costume.
harness
s-l1600.jpg51CJCxXVRpL.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

head lamps used on helmet and harness 4 per suit.
Storm version is the correct unit. This is the one headlight.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

flashlightswps_2270_465019079.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

this is what I have been working on.IMG_4051.JPG its slightly longer then the original because I am using my I phone 6S as the display.

- - - Updated - - -

here is the flashlight image1.JPG I will eventually buy the real flashlight but the makerbot is a good start.

That's THE master, AFAIK. It was posted by Taku Dazai a couple days ago. He's fabricated a lot of, if not all, the helmets for the show. P&K type, MCRN type, and the real Bizi Betiko's helmet. I don't know if he / they made any of the props or not. I'm leaning towards 'not.'

http://www.takudazai.com/

-MJ

Hey peeps! Life has caught up with me so I have not been able to progress the build as far as I would like. I am trying to get a hold of a couple lift harnesses that are used in the show along with some basic sketches on episodes I am re-watching that I can squeeze in between study hours. Now that I know there are some people that would love to see this build move forward I am now more motivated to move forward with it. Thanks again peeps. Anything and everything I contribute to this build I will attempt to document and put online for anyone to see. :)

tumblr_oj42u0JasU1v0ax1jo8_400.jpgtumblr_oj42u0JasU1v0ax1jo7_400.jpgtumblr_oj42u0JasU1v0ax1jo5_250.jpgtumblr_oj42u0JasU1v0ax1jo3_540.jpgtumblr_oj2fkk6V921v0ax1jo3_540.jpg

anyone have a good screen cap of the UI I need a cleaner image to photoshop a display for our I phones. Looks like we will have four Tycho station Belters at Arisia this year...

Had these in my files.

LMK if you need any refs for the suit parts or decals; I have some, but I think they've been posted here before :)

-MJ

Attachments

• Syfy_Expanse_Characters_FB7-A.jpg
    Syfy_Expanse_Characters_FB7-A.jpg
    605.3 KB · Views: 432
  • EdcYcWE.jpg
    EdcYcWE.jpg
    481.9 KB · Views: 441
  • 4nTPsfn.jpg
    4nTPsfn.jpg
    614.2 KB · Views: 368
Hey peeps. I have been out of the look and sent this project to the back burner until now. I am going to start working on scales/dimensions and update as I can. :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back