Walking Dead Rick Jacket

Forgot to post the pictures sorry! So i tok a few pictures, but my phone is old so the quality isnt good at all. Taking the pictrues made me realized that i need to get a new phone. The interior has one pocket on the left side, The stitching of the it is okay, not good nor bad. The stretch colour looks brighter than it really is, but it is nowhere close to the real one. There is a few loose threads and the edge of the cuff can be split. I didnt get a picture of it because of the picture quality. Anywhere they are! http://imgur.com/a/dnABU

Edit: also you can kinda see the shoulder thing i talked about.

Forgot to post the pictures sorry! So i tok a few pictures, but my phone is old so the quality isnt good at all. Taking the pictrues made me realized that i need to get a new phone. The interior has one pocket on the left side, The stitching of the it is okay, not good nor bad. The stretch colour looks brighter than it really is, but it is nowhere close to the real one. There is a few loose threads and the edge of the cuff can be split. I didnt get a picture of it because of the picture quality. Anywhere they are! http://imgur.com/a/dnABU

Edit: also you can kinda see the shoulder thing i talked about.

Also took some of mine which may help! (i asked for a lighter brown colour on the under arm material instead of the purple on mine along with bronze zips)

http://imgur.com/a/2uLuN

Also took some of mine which may help! (i asked for a lighter brown colour on the under arm material instead of the purple on mine along with bronze zips)

Wow, you have a high quality camera/phone. Btw do you have the same shoulder issue as i have? If i tok any size smaller the jacket would be too short so. I might sell this one (Dont know where so any tips to sell it would be great, maybe to a large guy or something) btw the colour under isnt fully purple, but its not brown either.

Wow, you have a high quality camera/phone. Btw do you have the same shoulder issue as i have? If i tok any size smaller the jacket would be too short so. I might sell this one (Dont know where so any tips to sell it would be great, maybe to a large guy or something) btw the colour under isnt fully purple, but its not brown either.

Yeah it's a Galaxy S7 Edge.
I think I know what you mean about the shoulders, they kind of crinkle up when if i lift my arms, I probably needed a size up on the jacket I think.
And not sure on where you'd sell it, I was actually thinking the same thing about mine, maybe ebay?

Yeah it's a Galaxy S7 Edge.
I think I know what you mean about the shoulders, they kind of crinkle up when if i lift my arms, I probably needed a size up on the jacket I think.
And not sure on where you'd sell it, I was actually thinking the same thing about mine, maybe ebay?
I have never used Ebay to sell something so maybe.And no if you got a size up the shoulder thing would happen but a lot more. I normaly wear a Medium-large but got a XL so it wouldnt be too short.

There's also how the collar seems to have more of a curved angle at the edges rather than a squared off look, again I don't know if this just wear and tear that the outfit team added on the walking dead or what (the original UGG Australia Belfast jacket that Ricks jacket is, has more of a squared off collar again, ive also attached pictures of this to compare what i mean)

http://imgur.com/a/W7ewL

The collar is indeed altered. I'll explain it here: http://upload.vstanced.com/images/2016/09/20/Vk0.jpg

From what I can see on both of your jackets, the side rib fabric is stitch on top of the suede shell of the jacket instead of being integrated to the jacket as seen in the retail Ugg jacket here http://imgur.com/wBwKdFN If possible, hopefully one of the manufacturer's can integrate the cotton-lycra fabric in the side ribs of the jacket as opposed to how they put it on top of the suede.

Another detail I noticed is that the sleeve/arm hole size is much too large and causes the discomfort you mentioned before about whenever you raise your arms/shoulders as shown here http://imgur.com/a/dp6Kd It seems like it would be much more accurate if the arm hole was somewhat smaller and the sleeve was more equal with the shoulder hem

From what I can see on both of your jackets, the side rib fabric is stitch on top of the suede shell of the jacket instead of being integrated to the jacket as seen in the retail Ugg jacket here http://imgur.com/wBwKdFN If possible, hopefully one of the manufacturer's can integrate the cotton-lycra fabric in the side ribs of the jacket as opposed to how they put it on top of the suede.

Another detail I noticed is that the sleeve/arm hole size is much too large and causes the discomfort you mentioned before about whenever you raise your arms/shoulders as shown here http://imgur.com/a/dp6Kd It seems like it would be much more accurate if the arm hole was somewhat smaller and the sleeve was more equal with the shoulder hem
Yeah i think so too, as the other guy said he also has this problem but maybe not as much as me.

some reference pictures of the real deal for you guys. it's a metric ruler and measuring tape. the jacket is a size L. the zippers are all pretty standard stuff, that can be found in the IDEAL zipper catalogue. the inner lining is slightly padded. the shearling collar was cut down for the jacket used on the show to approximately fit the collar length at the back of the neck.
I don't have the jacket anymore, it was sold to a fellow forum member, so I can't take requests for additional pictures.

ugg01.jpgthumbnail_IMG_5743.jpgthumbnail_IMG_5738.jpgthumbnail_IMG_5746.jpgthumbnail_IMG_5752.jpgthumbnail_IMG_5769.jpgthumbnail_IMG_5773.jpgthumbnail_IMG_5806.jpgthumbnail_IMG_5838.jpgthumbnail_IMG_5840.jpgthumbnail_IMG_5733.jpgthumbnail_IMG_5709.jpgthumbnail_IMG_5715.jpgthumbnail_IMG_5717.jpgthumbnail_IMG_5725.jpgthumbnail_IMG_5728.jpgthumbnail_IMG_5706.jpg

[...]

Yeah i think so too, as the other guy said he also has this problem but maybe not as much as me.

That also has something to do with the width of the jacket at the arm pit and chest (basically the shape of the arm opening and how it cuts into the torso part of the jacket) and the angle of the set-in sleeve. I also have a White Sheep Leather jacket and mine was a bit snug in the chest (actually it was overall a bit snug) and because the armholes cut quite deep into the jacket (and consequently the shoulders were sticking out more) the shoulders looked 'pointy' when I lifted my arm up.

http://upload.vstanced.com/images/2017/01/20/r6e.jpg

By the way I also have the original in size L and the jacket is pretty wide in the shoulders (50 cm) and the arm pits (60 cm) and the armhole (measured straight 27 cm) doesn't cut that deep into the torso (smallest width between armholes at the front is 45 cm, at the back it's 47 cm). When I lift my arm the jacket does wrinkle a bit, but the shoulders are nowhere near as pointy as they get when you lift your arm wearing the White Sheep Leather jacket.

some reference pictures of the real deal for you guys. it's a metric ruler and measuring tape. the jacket is a size L. the zippers are all pretty standard stuff, that can be found in the IDEAL zipper catalogue. the inner lining is slightly padded. the shearling collar was cut down for the jacket used on the show to approximately fit the collar length at the back of the neck.
I don't have the jacket anymore, it was sold to a fellow forum member, so I can't take requests for additional pictures.

View attachment 699751View attachment 699764View attachment 699763View attachment 699762View attachment 699761View attachment 699760View attachment 699759View attachment 699758View attachment 699757View attachment 699756View attachment 699765View attachment 699770View attachment 699769View attachment 699768View attachment 699767View attachment 699766View attachment 699771
Nice pictures, accidental. ;)

View attachment 699751View attachment 699764View attachment 699763View attachment 699762View attachment 699761View attachment 699760View attachment 699759View attachment 699758View attachment 699757View attachment 699756View attachment 699765View attachment 699770View attachment 699769View attachment 699768View attachment 699767View attachment 699766View attachment 699771

Thanks for the pictures, these are very useful.

When you say the collar was cut down to the length at the back of the neck, do you mean it was cut down to the length of the shearling on top of that stitched arch type thing? (so the collar should be about 7cm?) Or if not, what do you think the measurements for the collar should be?

I'd probably go for something like this (9,5 cm at the back, 10,5 cm at the points of the arch-thingy and some 7 cm along the edge of the zipper):

Collar.jpg

I'd also try to have the top of the zippers folded inwards into the collar if I were you rather than have it cut at a curve (definitely not straight), because it makes that part of the collar/fur look thicker which would look rather flat otherwise.

Collar 2.jpgCollar 3.jpg

I'd probably go for something like this (9,5 cm at the back, 10,5 cm at the points of the arch-thingy and some 7 cm along the edge of the zipper):

View attachment 700156

I'd also try to have the top of the zippers folded inwards into the collar if I were you rather than have it cut at a curve (definitely not straight), because it makes that part of the collar/fur look thicker which would look rather flat otherwise.

View attachment 700153View attachment 700154

Ahh yeah, although the arch wouldn't be there on the suzahdi, so do you think something like this?

Collar.jpg

I've also found this pic, it looks like even the chest part maybe of the jacket may have been slightly altered to affect the look/angle of the collar:

dfgdfg.png

It kind of looks like the zip just cuts right across the chest onto the collar, I think this would also explain why/how Ricks collar looks so wide when he wears the collar down like normal

Ahh yeah, although the arch wouldn't be there on the suzahdi, so do you think something like this?

View attachment 700330

Yes, something like that.

I've also found this pic, it looks like even the chest part maybe of the jacket may have been slightly altered to affect the look/angle of the collar:

View attachment 700331

It kind of looks like the zip just cuts right across the chest onto the collar, I think this would also explain why/how Ricks collar looks so wide when he wears the collar down like normal

No, I'm sure that the chest piece isn't altered. Ricks collar often looks wide, because he doesn't close the zipper all the way up. The unaltered collar would look even wider then.
Just underneath the collar, the zipper edge (and the collar itself) start flaring outwards, but because the collar the gets folded inwards the zipper edge gets a rounded shape.
I hope I make some sense to you.

redirect.viglink.com.jpg

No, I'm sure that the chest piece isn't altered. Ricks collar often looks wide, because he doesn't close the zipper all the way up. The unaltered collar would look even wider then.
Just underneath the collar, the zipper edge (and the collar itself) start flaring outwards, but because the collar the gets folded inwards the zipper edge gets a rounded shape.

View attachment 700337

Yeah I getya, and no you're right the chest isn't altered, i looked at pics and the stitching that runs next to the zip looks unaltered haha. The collar does look like its cut at a slanted edge though on that pic, I guess maybe in a similar enough way to the collar pic you edited earlier:
Collar.jpg

How would you fold the little bit of shearling over and hold it in place then I guess? Unless you make the collar a little wider just next to the zip and somehow got it folded over?

I don't think anyone has ever analysed a jacket in so much detail as much as we have on this thread xD

View attachment 700337

I guess if you just had it made like that picture we edited, aslong as the zip runs underneath the collar a bit somehow, it would let you fold that edge without the zip stopping you.

I don't think anyone has ever analysed a jacket in so much detail as much as we have on this thread xD
I was just about to say the same thing! I didn't think there were other people that cared as much about the details on Rick's jacket as much as I did, I'm glad we're all collectively working on this hopefully we'll get a good result

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back