Walking Dead Rick Jacket

To be fair, as Like Mike mentioned above that is not his jacket it was another order made, we're still compiling reference images for the jacket so when we submit what we have the shell color and lycra color can still be altered to a lighter tone at our request. Plus we have the actual reference photos from the real jacket so they can dye it as close as possible with the images we're providing

It looks dark even in daylight, but as I mentioned thankfully we have good reference photos so they can make it lighter

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/0a/ab/7e/0aab7ef4632bd2e703c1df03d940861f.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2_Q9XGXgAEX2N9.jpg

Yeah see even in those pics the suede looks pretty dark/black almost even in bright natural lighting. I think the Suzahdi is actually pretty accurate, the UGG jacket doesn't really look the right colour. (the UGG jacket is almost too nice lol, the suede etc is so pristine due to being new and so high quality that it's almost like Ricks jacket needs to be a more "worn?" looking suede or darker suede somehow.

674f1cfdf13257074f98348c5e901c7e.jpeg

I dont know if it's also just me but the jacket seems to get darker from season 4 - season 7, it seemed more of a lighter brown when he first gets the jacket, so I wondered if the walking dead team also did anything to this somehow, and changed it up over time. This is another reason why it's hard to get a "true replica" of the jacket, because it seems to be in different states at different times (e.g. lighter or darker suede from one season to the next)

Season 4:

When-He-Looks-Like-He-Got-Run-Over-Train-Extremely-Sexy-Train.JPG1396324500621.cached.jpg

Season 6:

Rick-Grimes.JPGwalking-dead.jpg

9745ea1e55670d874aacc471a6d54419.jpg

Last edited:
I dont know if it's also just me but the jacket seems to get darker from season 4 - season 7, it seemed more of a lighter brown when he first gets the jacket, so I wondered if the walking dead team also did anything to this somehow, and changed it up over time. This is another reason why it's hard to get a "true replica" of the jacket, because it seems to be in different states at different times (e.g. lighter or darker suede from one season to the next)

Season 4:

View attachment 701823View attachment 701822

Season 6:

View attachment 701830View attachment 701831

View attachment 701832
Even looking at the Season 6 photos you can tell he got his jacket cleaned at Alexandria. It looks clean before he heads to hilltop, but then gets blood on it from the one resident (Bloody photo). Then it looks like it was given a wipe off of the blood but not a deep clean before they attack the Savior's compound (RV Photo). Then it gets cleaned again at Alexandria and has a nice deep dark brown look when Rick and Morgan go looking for Carol (Photo of Rick with the knife)

I'd say color-wise, Suzahdi is spot on with the clean look of the jacket in that shade of brown. Their gold zippers are too shiny but Suzahdi has been very open and cooperative I'm sure they can find the right color zipper

attachment.php

Even looking at the Season 6 photos you can tell he got his jacket cleaned at Alexandria. It looks clean before he heads to hilltop, but then gets blood on it from the one resident (Bloody photo). Then it looks like it was given a wipe off of the blood but not a deep clean before they attack the Savior's compound (RV Photo). Then it gets cleaned again at Alexandria and has a nice deep dark brown look when Rick and Morgan go looking for Carol (Photo of Rick with the knife)

For the most part it looks spot on

This is the next stage, we need blood over the jacket xD

And yeah they have been very helpful and willing to listen to our requests. I contacted the company in China and asked if they could make the zips in antique brass rather than gold, they've said they can make them in brass, but I've re messaged them and tried to specify antique brass (arguably there's a difference?) Though some companies may consider brass to be antique brass etc, colours may vary slightly i guess in terms of what brass and antique brass actually are? I'm still waiting for a reply, they tend to message me at night for me (UK) so replies are a bit slow

Last edited:
I'm telling you that the jacket is pretty dark brown already. It's more blackish brown than the White Sheep Leather jacket for example (for those who have the White Sheep Leather jacket).
In the series it's indeed made dirty and greasy and torn, worn out and what not. Honestly, if you just wear the jacket as a normal jacket it will get worn/greasy spots and will darken on its own over time. If I were you I wouldn't get the jacket to be that dark, because it would only get darker and already looks close to the suede of the black version of the jacket:

$_57 1.JPG

Also note the brown fabric along the zippers:
received_1236098189777975.jpeg

If it would be possible I'd pick a color that's in between the dark suede and the brown fabric of the zipper.

I'm telling you that the jacket is pretty dark brown already. It's more blackish brown than the White Sheep Leather jacket for example (for those who have the White Sheep Leather jacket).
In the series it's indeed made dirty and greasy and torn, worn out and what not. Honestly, if you just wear the jacket as a normal jacket it will get worn/greasy spots and will darken on its own over time. If I were you I wouldn't get the jacket to be that dark, because it would only get darker and already looks close to the suede of the black version of the jacket:

View attachment 701873

Also note the brown fabric along the zippers:
View attachment 701872

If it would be possible I'd pick a color that's in between the dark suede and the brown fabric of the zipper.

I know what you mean, the shade of brown may not be perfect, though it does look much more accurate in this picture I think (again this is all down to lighting which is changing the colour constantly)

UMPLW48.jpg

Don't use the old link, use this one now instead:

http://imgur.com/a/nX0Ta

Think that's it for what I want sorting, just trying to source zippers, will then resend Suzahdi the above link and confirm that they understand everything and are happy to go ahead and do the customisations,. Then I will order.

Suzahdi have came back to me today and said that they are making another sample jacket while following the imgur link I have sent them, including the lining changes, so hopefully over the next week or so I shall have some more pictures of another sample with a lot/all of the customisations on the imgur link :) I've also noticed that they have added their latest sample pictures to their ebay listing! (I like the idea of them using our design work for future jackets they make for Ricks jacket) :D

Suzahdi have came back to me today and said that they are making another sample jacket while following the imgur link I have sent them, including the lining changes, so hopefully over the next week or so I shall have some more pictures of another sample with a lot/all of the customisations on the imgur link :) I've also noticed that they have added their latest sample pictures to their ebay listing! (I like the idea of them using our design work for future jackets they make for Ricks jacket) :D
Awesome, I didn't think they'd actually put the pictures up on their ebay listing! Did they mention anything about the zippers?

Awesome, I didn't think they'd actually put the pictures up on their ebay listing! Did they mention anything about the zippers?

No nothing about the zippers because I said I'd look into them, the zippers are kind of annoying/tricky, I'm speaking to the company in China who aren't very useful, they keep asking how many i want and seeming to try and dodge the question every time I ask for a picture of the zips in different colours. They've said they can do them in "bronze". I've sent them a pic of the other potential main zipper that was quoted on here by razor as a colour reference and requested they make two in that colour and send me a pic. My concern is that the two zips from different companies don't match in colour.

I've also been speaking to another company (jetzipper) who have said they sell both the zippers we're after in the colour and size but they only sell at minimum orders of 50 pcs per colour, so I'd have to convince Suzahdi to buy 50 of each zipper type.

Screenshot_20170130-082544.png

Have spoken to Suzahdi again this morning who have said that they will try and source the zips locally, I have sent them a picture of the main zip and the waist pocket zips, advised that they are size #8 and in antique brass/brass colour. So they are going to try and find these locally over the next few days and if not they will order online from the places I have mentioned.

I have also requested whether they can find some kind of checkered lining similar to the one on the jacket (I sent a pic of this) so they will try and find something similar but it will likely be a lot more basic (the one on the UGG jacket is pretty unique)

Have spoken to Suzahdi again this morning who have said that they will try and source the zips locally, I have sent them a picture of the main zip and the waist pocket zips, advised that they are size #8 and in antique brass/brass colour. So they are going to try and find these locally over the next few days and if not they will order online from the places I have mentioned.

I have also requested whether they can find some kind of checkered lining similar to the one on the jacket (I sent a pic of this) so they will try and find something similar but it will likely be a lot more basic (the one on the UGG jacket is pretty unique)

Hopefully Suzahdi will be able to source them locally, $200 worth of zippers doesn't seem like a good investment on Suzahdi's end. In regards to the coloring issue that Razor brought up, the image that Suzahdi provided with one of their jackets seems pretty spot on despite the sides being leather and not lycra (It shouldn't be an issue, I'm sure they can dye the lycra to that same shade).

If you can also add to your imgur album, I also noticed that in 3 areas of the jacket (The front chest liner near pecs, the back across shoulders, the bottom curve) it has triple stitching instead of double as seen in the original Ugg Jacket

UMPLW48.jpg

attachment.php

Hopefully Suzahdi will be able to source them locally, $200 worth of zippers doesn't seem like a good investment on Suzahdi's end. In regards to the coloring issue that Razor brought up, the image that Suzahdi provided with one of their jackets seems pretty spot on despite the sides being leather and not lycra (It shouldn't be an issue, I'm sure they can dye the lycra to that same shade).

If you can also add to your imgur album, I also noticed that in 3 areas of the jacket (The front chest liner near pecs, the back across shoulders, the bottom curve) it has triple stitching instead of double as seen in the original Ugg Jacket

View attachment 703088

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=699758&d=1484871985

Ahh nice spot, I think the front does have triple layer stitching, the bottom back arch doesn't as shown on your pic, and I can't properly see the top back line but I will mention it anyway. And yeah if they can't source them locally then they can buy from the company in China for cheaper.

You can see the triple layer stitching on this one:

jl7rkng.jpg

And yeah in relation to the colouring of suede and lycra, you could probably request a different colour. Ideally we'd be able to see the materials colours in person obviously, different cameras take pictures differently etc, then factor in lighting etc etc, all makes it harder to tell.

Added that picture to the imgur album and also messaged Suzahdi on facebook with the same edited pic to let them know I've added it to the list.

Have been speaking to Suzahdi again this morning who have said that they believe they have found the correct zips in brass and that they will be sending me pictures at some point today :)

Have been speaking to Suzahdi again this morning who have said that they believe they have found the correct zips in brass and that they will be sending me pictures at some point today :)
Nice! As you are on it could you ask them about the arm issue? As they wont reply to my one message on facebook. And im kinda scared of "double texting" so :p Thanks in advance if you ask them!

Nice! As you are on it could you ask them about the arm issue? As they wont reply to my one message on facebook. And im kinda scared of "double texting" so :p Thanks in advance if you ask them!

I could mention it, although I'm not sure that there version of the jacket has the same issue, after seeing this pic that was linked earlier referencing how the arm sections seem to cut into the chest part of the jacket: http://upload.vstanced.com/images/2017/01/20/r6e.jpg

It looks like the Suzahdi jackets arms section doesn't dig into the chest as much:

lFZhsne.jpgwjRwM5z.jpg

I also wouldn't worry about double texting them haha I've probably quadruple text them on multiple ocassions by now.

I could mention it, although I'm not sure that there version of the jacket has the same issue, after seeing this pic that was linked earlier referencing how the arm sections seem to cut into the chest part of the jacket: http://upload.vstanced.com/images/2017/01/20/r6e.jpg

It looks like the Suzahdi jackets arms section doesn't dig into the chest as much:

View attachment 703522View attachment 703523

I also wouldn't worry about double texting them haha I've probably quadruple text them on multiple ocassions by now.
Allright, il ask you how the arms is when you get the jacket :p Also i see a lot of people here have tons of pictures of Rick. Does anyone have any pictures of his, uhhm hair? I love how his hair is and ive been trying to find good angles so its easier to get it cut like his.

Allright, il ask you how the arms is when you get the jacket :p Also i see a lot of people here have tons of pictures of Rick. Does anyone have any pictures of his, uhhm hair? I love how his hair is and ive been trying to find good angles so its easier to get it cut like his.

Haha I'm unsure on the arm problem, I'm wondering if it's a mix of the arm section cutting into the chest too much mixed with the fact that the suede itself is kind of stiff, on my other suede jacket, the suede is WAY softer and smoother and I don't think it has the same problem at all, much more flexible, although that jacket is also bigger and so is much more of a looser fit and theres plenty of suede to pull in any direction when lifting your arms etc.

As for the hair, maybe just gotta search google for a bit! Depends what season of his hair you want again haha: http://imgur.com/a/o0eSw

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back