Walking Dead Rick Jacket

Haha I'm unsure on the arm problem, I'm wondering if it's a mix of the arm section cutting into the chest too much mixed with the fact that the suede itself is kind of stiff, on my other suede jacket, the suede is WAY softer and smoother and I don't think it has the same problem at all, much more flexible, although that jacket is also bigger and so is much more of a looser fit and theres plenty of suede to pull in any direction when lifting your arms etc.

As for the hair, maybe just gotta search google for a bit! Depends what season of his hair you want again haha: http://imgur.com/a/o0eSw
Thanks for the pictures! As for the suede being too thick im not quite sure. The jacket on the show looks really thick, if you look at the negan line up (Season 6 episode 16 and season 7 episode 1) The jacket looks rugged/Thick. So yeah it might just be that the arm is cutting too much into the chest

Thanks for the pictures! As for the suede being too thick im not quite sure. The jacket on the show looks really thick, if you look at the negan line up (Season 6 episode 16 and season 7 episode 1) The jacket looks rugged/Thick. So yeah it might just be that the arm is cutting too much into the chest

But I think the suede will be of a higher quality than on the Whitesheep one too. Way smoother and softer. Hopefully that, plus with the jacket fitting better (mine and everyone elses white sheep one seemed to be small or wrongly proportioned somehow) plus if they do the lycra lining parts, that will make it more flexible and lightweight too, and I would imagine that would have a knock on effect to how the rest of the jacket moves/sits naturally etc.

Hopefully you can see what I mean about the difference in suede: https://vid.me/0iw7 how they fold differently etc, I reckon if you look at that and imagine it on the shoulders where its all stitched up into an angle down the arm etc, that would affect how it pulls up when you lift your arms.

But I think the suede will be of a higher quality than on the Whitesheep one too. Way smoother and softer. Hopefully that, plus with the jacket fitting better (mine and everyone elses white sheep one seemed to be small or wrongly proportioned somehow) plus if they do the lycra lining parts, that will make it more flexible and lightweight too, and I would imagine that would have a knock on effect to how the rest of the jacket moves/sits naturally etc.

Hopefully you can see what I mean about the difference in suede: https://vid.me/0iw7 how they fold differently etc, I reckon if you look at that and imagine it on the shoulders where its all stitched up into an angle down the arm etc, that would affect how it pulls up when you lift your arms.
Ohh my *****, where did you get that clip?

It's my clip xD I just recorded it for the purposes of showing the differences in suede (although its not the Suzahdi jacket, just my other suede jacket), probably one of the weirder things I've recorded o_O
I got a bit confused :p I thought you had the jacket for a second there without posting any pictures ect

I got a bit confused :p I thought you had the jacket for a second there without posting any pictures ect

Hahah not yet, I shall post a full review when I receive it with about 50 pictures etc lol. Still currently waiting for the pics of the zippers, didn't receive them yesterday. Also waiting for them to find a patterned polyester lining and also waiting for pics of their latest jacket sample which they said they were working on. So hopefully can receive all that asap, confirm a few last little tweaks and then order.

The suede of the White Sheep Leather jacket is thicker, cruder and stiffer and doesn't fold like suede on the original jacket does. As for the shoulders, the main culprit is definitely deep cut of the armholes into the jacket which causes the jacket to pull at the chest, causing the sleeve caps to bend inwards into the shoulders when you raise your arms, resulting in pointy shoulders.It's like you're wearing a suit:

POINTY SHOULDERS.jpg

The suede of the White Sheep Leather jacket is thicker, cruder and stiffer and doesn't fold like suede on the original jacket does. As for the shoulders, the main culprit is definitely deep cut of the armholes into the jacket which causes the jacket to pull at the chest, causing the sleeve caps to bend inwards into the shoulders when you raise your arms, resulting in pointy shoulders.It's like you're wearing a suit:

View attachment 703796

Exactly, you can see the little creases on the pictures of Rick wearing the jacket much more so, looks much softer and more supple. And that's true, the Whitesheep one is the suit version of Ricks jacket, hoping the Suzahdi uses much higher quality suede which from what it looks like, it does.

16326573_1236098186444642_660455925_o.jpgpXEtgAc.jpgUMPLW48.jpg

It looks like the suede is a higher quality and again softer and more supple, you can see the little bends in the suede.

Exactly, you can see the little creases on the pictures of Rick wearing the jacket much more so, looks much softer and more supple. And that's true, the Whitesheep one is the suit version of Ricks jacket, hoping the Suzahdi uses much higher quality suede which from what it looks like, it does.
If you can I would go ahead and add that photo Razor1986 posted to the imgur album and circle the differences in shoulders, just so that Suzahdi can have a better visual of how the shoulders should be shaped

Accidental also mentioned that the original jacket is thick and somewhat heavy, I think that has more to do with the interior padding as well it looks to be more padded than the replicas

If you can I would go ahead and add that photo Razor1986 posted to the imgur album and circle the differences in shoulders, just so that Suzahdi can have a better visual of how the shoulders should be shaped

Accidental also mentioned that the original jacket is thick and somewhat heavy, I think that has more to do with the interior padding as well it looks to be more padded than the replicas

No worries, I have mentioned this on the imgur album:
arms attaching to jacket.jpg

And yeah I agree in relation to the heavyness of the real jacket, the lining inside does look thicker and more padded somehow.

Still currently waiting on zip pics from Suzahdi and for them to let me know if they've found a patterned lining.

Also let me know if anyone has any other customisations/adjustments that they think are worth mentioning. When Suzahdi send me the zip pics, lining pics, and new sample jacket pics, I'll likely be ordering, so hopefully over the next week, so let me know of anything else asap, so I can mention before ordering.

Last edited:
No worries, I have mentioned this on the imgur album:
View attachment 704045

And yeah I agree in relation to the heavyness of the real jacket, the lining inside does look thicker and more padded somehow.

Still currently waiting on zip pics from Suzahdi and for them to let me know if they've found a patterned lining.

Also let me know if anyone has any other customisations/adjustments that they think are worth mentioning. When Suzahdi send me the zip pics, lining pics, and new sample jacket pics, I'll likely be ordering, so hopefully over the next week, so let me know of anything else asap, so I can mention before ordering.
Nothing more i know as of now that isnt allready mentioned. Maybe go through the thread once again to see if you missed anything

Not sure of how much importance this detail is, but I noticed the zipper doesn't actually go all the way down the jacket either

Jacket bottom zip.png

Sourced main zip.jpgSourced waist pocket zip 2.jpgSourced waist pocket zip.jpg

Zip update, any thoughts?

I thought I may like them to start with, however I think the main zip is too flat/smooth/undetailed/thin.
I think the waist pocket zipper is accurate enough but I'm not sure on the colour, I compared it to the zips on one of the sample jacket pics they sent us, and I'm actually thinking I kind of prefer those zips:

16325997_1236098189777975_146167204_o.jpg16326573_1236098186444642_660455925_o.jpg

They look newer and the teeth look cleaner (even though Ricks jacket would have grubby teeth for the zips), so I'm unsure atm.

Rick's jacket zippers:

rehost_2016_9_13_1ee01f13-82ce-4a8d-9277-2aab9bc5af0f.jpgRick-Grimes.JPGwalking-dead.jpg9745ea1e55670d874aacc471a6d54419.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 704299View attachment 704300View attachment 704301

Zip update, any thoughts?

I thought I may like them to start with, however I think the main zip is too flat/smooth/undetailed/thin.
I think the waist pocket zipper is accurate enough but I'm not sure on the colour, I compared it to the zips on one of the sample jacket pics they sent us, and I'm actually thinking I kind of prefer those zips:

View attachment 704303View attachment 704304

They look newer and the teeth look cleaner (even though Ricks jacket would have grubby teeth for the zips), so I'm unsure atm.

Rick's jacket zippers:

View attachment 704306View attachment 704307View attachment 704308View attachment 704305

Really, the color of the zippers in the zip update in antique brass is the accurate one. God knows why you'd prefer the shiny and clean brass over the antiqued brass one...

I think the zippers pulls for the waist pockets look pretty good. The main zipper pull looks a bit long and smooth, but still not too bad. You could of course go for the standard YKK zipper pull in size 8.

By the way, it's interesting to see that the costume department clearly has at least two UGG jackets for Andrew Lincoln's Rick Grimes to wear.
Notice the zipper pull of the left waist pocket is broken in the first picture while in the 4th picture you can see that it's not broken.
Also the suede inside facing on the left side underneath the fur is worn at the stitches in the first picture, but not in the second picture.
In the first picture the left side of the chest is worn and has holes, whereas the jacket in the second picture doesn't have any significant wear and no holes whatsoever on the left side chest panel.

Really, the color of the zippers in the zip update in antique brass is the accurate one. God knows why you'd prefer the shiny and clean brass over the antiqued brass one...

I think the zippers pulls for the waist pockets look pretty good. The main zipper pull looks a bit long and smooth, but still not too bad. You could of course go for the standard YKK zipper pull in size 8.

By the way, it's interesting to see that the costume department clearly has at least two UGG jackets for Andrew Lincoln's Rick Grimes to wear.
Notice the zipper pull of the left waist pocket is broken in the first picture while in the 4th picture you can see that it's not broken.
Also the suede inside facing on the left side underneath the fur is worn at the stitches in the first picture, but not in the second picture.
In the first picture the left side of the chest is worn and has holes, whereas the jacket in the second picture doesn't have any significant wear and no holes whatsoever on the left side chest panel.

The zips kind of look too dull instead, I dunno, maybe it's just the lighting.

Sourced waist pocket zip 2.jpgZIPS.jpg

Especially when looking at the teeth.

Again it's also related to what you prefer in terms of looks. Choice between accuracy and what you think actually looks nicer as a jacket to wear.
If what you think is nicer and what is accurate line up, then that helps. It's also the condition of the zips that I'm looking at, the gold look much newer and sharper, compared to the brass/bronze which are a bit more battered looking.

I'm still deciding, not sure I like the main zip though, kind of looks too thin and long compared to the waist pocket zips (may look weird having a smaller main zip that the pocket zips)

The zips kind of look too dull instead, I dunno, maybe it's just the lighting.

View attachment 704357View attachment 704358

Especially when looking at the teeth.

Again it's also related to what you prefer in terms of looks. Choice between accuracy and what you think actually looks nicer as a jacket to wear.
If what you think is nicer and what is accurate line up, then that helps. It's also the condition of the zips that I'm looking at, the gold look much newer and sharper, compared to the brass/bronze which are a bit more battered looking.

I'm still deciding, not sure I like the main zip though, kind of looks too thin and long compared to the waist pocket zips (may look weird having a smaller main zip that the pocket zips)

Trust me, it's the lighting. Normal brass is shiny as hell and looks like gold. A direct comparison:

brass vs antique brass.jpg

Also, remember that if you go for antique brass or brass that you might also want to have the buttons in the same color as the zippers.

Trust me, it's the lighting. Normal brass is shiny as hell and looks like gold. A direct comparison:

View attachment 704363

Also, remember that if you go for antique brass or brass that you might also want to have the buttons in the same color as the zippers.

Is it not possible that there are different types of anqitue brass even? Or that UGG/IDEAL had something done to them?

Sourced waist pocket zip 2.jpgthumbnail_IMG_5706.jpg

And yeah I did think to mention the button colour to match with the zips, will mention before ordering.
And you also mentioned about the multiple jackets, which is likely and might even explain the differences in suede colour lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back