Walking Dead Rick Jacket

Yeah most of its shaped up to the original, couple of other things the colour of the collar doesn't seem 100% yet also the stitching thats going along the chest seems a bit high? could just be the picture tbh but if you compare from ricks kinda looks a bit far up? whereas ricks is a bit lower down? The stitching on ricks jacket is looks like a faded gold/ faint red? makes it pop more may ask to see if they can do that when makng my jacket 674f1cfdf13257074f98348c5e901c7e.jpeg16731312_1250568564997604_1889730916_o.jpgwalking-dead.jpg

Yeah most of its shaped up to the original, couple of other things the colour of the collar doesn't seem 100% yet also the stitching thats going along the chest seems a bit high? could just be the picture tbh but if you compare from ricks kinda looks a bit far up? whereas ricks is a bit lower down? The stitching on ricks jacket is looks like a faded gold/ faint red? makes it pop more may ask to see if they can do that when makng my jacketView attachment 705962View attachment 705963View attachment 705964

The colour of the collar I think is down to it being apocalypsed. TWD team probably soaked it in stuff and scuffed it up on purpose to make it look worn (it would be weird seeing Rick in a jacket with the shearling collar perfectly clean and new) so that's down to that I think. The shearling they've used also looks different in different lights again too:

16326573_1236098186444642_660455925_o.jpg16731312_1250568564997604_1889730916_o.jpgtoledo shearling.jpg

The chest stitching line I know what you mean but it's hard to tell, especially when considering that that will make the gap between the chest stitch line and top of the waist pocket zips smaller, might make it start to look squashed and smaller somehow. Plus if you move that chest stitch line down more, it will mean it moves down where it connects to the arms more too, and that will be getting too low too (hopefully that makes sense)

And for the stitching colour, it should be the same as the lycra material, which I have requested. You can see the stitching is the same colour as the lycra on this pic:

IMG_5848.JPG

However I will be questioning the colour of the lycra first and asking if they can dye it a more accurate brown.

The colour of the collar I think is down to it being apocalypsed. TWD team probably soaked it in stuff and scuffed it up on purpose to make it look worn (it would be weird seeing Rick in a jacket with the shearling collar perfectly clean and new) so that's down to that I think. The shearling they've used also looks different in different lights again too:

View attachment 705975View attachment 705976View attachment 705977

The chest stitching line I know what you mean but it's hard to tell, especially when considering that that will make the gap between the chest stitch line and top of the waist pocket zips smaller, might make it start to look squashed and smaller somehow. Plus if you move that chest stitch line down more, it will mean it moves down where it connects to the arms more too, and that will be getting too low too (hopefully that makes sense)

And for the stitching colour, it should be the same as the lycra material, which I have requested. You can see the stitching is the same colour as the lycra on this pic:

View attachment 705978

However I will be questioning the colour of the lycra first and asking if they can dye it a more accurate brown.
I would say that the collar is still a bit bright thou if you compare it to the originial I would say a colour in between the original jacket and the one they have now? The collar looks a bit puffy on the picture but might just be me. If they cut the collar for a curvy look like rick has and not a too big collar, get the stitching and the side panels right I will probably be putting an order in if they done that

Yeah I have just received these myself, I will have to ask about the purple, but otherwise it is looking very good, they even added the detailing on the back of the collar.

View attachment 705941View attachment 705942View attachment 705943View attachment 705944View attachment 705945View attachment 705946View attachment 705947

Looks pretty good. The suede looks good (quality and color) as does the fur and the lining! It's starting to look really good.

Aside from the color of the ribbed fabric and the stitches there are a few other things:

1) The suede on the front at the armpits is wrong. Can't really describe it accurately. The suede should end higher on the arm hole. The suede of the sleeve should then start lower at the armhole. In here it's the other way around.
2) The way the ribbed fabric of the sleeves are stitched at the armpits looks wrong. It should be one stitch line all around the armhole. They seem to be missing at the armpits
3) The waist pockets have extra suede at the edges along the zippers, that should not be there.
4) The ribs of the ribbed fabric/lycra don't seem to run vertically judging the close-up shot of the waist pocket.

wuplvp.jpg

5) I do think that the model of the jacket looks a bit wide. The suede has the curves but as far as I can see the jacket doesn't have a ") ("- curve at the ribbed fabric/lycra side panels. I may be wrong though.
6) Also the waist pocket openings look quite long. They measure only 15 cm on the original jacket.

Last edited:
Looks pretty good. The suede looks good (quality and color) as does the fur and the lining! It's starting to look really good.

Aside from the color of the ribbed fabric and the stitches there are a few other things:

1) The suede on the front at the armpits is wrong. Can't really describe it accurately. The suede should end higher on the arm hole. The suede of the sleeve should then start lower at the armhole. In here it's the other way around.
2) The way the ribbed fabric of the sleeves are stitched at the armpits looks wrong. It should be one stitch line all around the armhole. They seem to be missing at the armpits
3) The waist pockets have extra suede at the edges along the zippers, that should not be there.
4) The ribs of the ribbed fabric/lycra don't seem to run vertically judging the close-up shot of the waist pocket.

View attachment 705997

5) I do think that the model of the jacket looks a bit wide. The suede has the curves but as far as I can see the jacket doesn't have a ") ("- curve at the ribbed fabric/lycra side panels. I may be wrong though.
6) Also the waist pocket openings look quite long. They measure only 15 cm on the original jacket.
I see what you're saying with the curve of the side panels sorry for my horrible pencil pen on the picture but you get the idea, compared to the original the jacket is way more curvy and less boxy, I would also say that the material of the side panels dont look as soft and don't look as thick or cotton look as the original?16709440_1250568784997582_1436765665_o.jpgthumbnail_IMG_5806.jpg

Last edited:
I see what you're saying with the curve of the side panels sorry for my horrible pencil pen on the picture but you get the idea, compared to the original the jacket is way more curvy and less boxyView attachment 706004View attachment 706005

Hmm that's not because the jacket is more open or something is it? As in if the zip wasn't done up on the front and they opened it up more or something when taking that pic?

Hmm that's not because the jacket is more open or something is it? As in if the zip wasn't done up on the front and they opened it up more or something when taking that pic?
Possibly, I think we should maybe ask if they can take a picture of a person with the jacket on?

Possibly, I think we should maybe ask if they can take a picture of a person with the jacket on?

Or surely if you had the jacket made to your size its not exactly going to look like that as such is it? It will fit tightly enough around you that there isnt just a big bag of material on both of your sides. If you give them your measurements and they make it so that the jacket will fit that, it probably won't look as weird and baggy as it does on the sides there once you're wearing it. The suede sections will take up the majority of the front and back (they look about right) and so the amount of lycra on the sides should just naturally look right because the jacket should fit you, I think that pic looks weird and they've somehow layed it out weirdly (I think once you're wearing it, it will look more like the pic that shows the front:

16731312_1250568564997604_1889730916_o.jpg

Thats with the zip done up and the suede there will take up most of your front, so that little bit of lycra on the sides I think is a more accurate representation of how it will look, rather than you having like a weird cape at the back or something.

And yeah I've been thinking we could do with seeing the jacket on someone, very difficult to see the curves and how it looks without seeing it on someone.

Or surely if you had the jacket made to your size its not exactly going to look like that as such is it? It will fit tightly enough around you that there isnt just a big bag of material on both of your sides. If you give them your measurements and they make it so that the jacket will fit that, it probably won't look as weird and baggy as it does on the sides there once you're wearing it. The suede sections will take up the majority of the front and back (they look about right) and so the amount of lycra on the sides should just naturally look right because the jacket should fit you, I think that pic looks weird and they've somehow layed it out weirdly (I think once you're wearing it, it will look more like the pic that shows the front:

View attachment 706010

Thats with the zip done up and the suede there will take up most of your front, so that little bit of lycra on the sides I think is a more accurate representation of how it will look, rather than you having like a weird cape at the back or something.

And yeah I've been thinking we could do with seeing the jacket on someone, very difficult to see the curves and how it looks without seeing it on someone.

Yeah probably right tbh, quick question is it just me or? See the lycra it doesn't look like it has much cotton in it or its not thick enough as the original? If you look at the pictures I compared between them the lycra looks a bit thin on suzahdis version? If you're able to when they message back if could ask them about cutting the collar also? and of course the stiching

Yeah probably right tbh, quick question is it just me or? See the lycra it doesn't look like it has much cotton in it or its not thick enough as the original? If you look at the pictures I compared between them the lycra looks a bit thin. If you're able to when they message back if could ask them about cutting the collar also? and of course the stiching

Yeah I see what you mean, and I'm going to ask don't worry, I'm still updating the Imgur album, and will let them know what I've added to it.
I've also started labelling things as "COMPLETE" on each picture, they've fixed a lot already which is good, getting there.

http://imgur.com/a/nX0Ta

Yeh dude you are doing a really good job with keeping it updated. I'm really glad they are willing to do so much customization. I like the inner lining, I still feel the collar isn't right looks puffy compared to a flat thin collar? Again could be down to the photo. Did they manage to get the right type or shearling? Toledo shearling that was on the original tag

Yeh dude you are doing a really good job with keeping it updated. I'm really glad they are willing to do so much customization. I like the inner lining, I still feel the collar isn't right looks puffy compared to a flat thin collar? Again could be down to the photo. Did they manage to get the right type or shearling? Toledo shearling that was on the original tag

The inner lining looks really good I think, with the shearling round their logo and the button on the inside pocket (I will check if they will still do 2 pockets inside - that is one thing I prefer compared to the original UGG jacket that only has one pocket).

In relation to the collar, I think it's down to a few things like the zip being done all the way up and causing the collar to have a tighter circle (which then causes the collar to probably scrunch up weirdly, I think if you wear the zip further down so the jackets open more, the collar will be open more and should hopefully look more right, along with when the collar has the curve. The collar is also lying flat remember on a desk and not fitting around someones neck/shoulders so that might make it look weird.

I'm not sure if it is Toledo, but I think it looks good and better than any other I have seen on a replica.

Yeah I see what you mean, and I'm going to ask don't worry, I'm still updating the Imgur album, and will let them know what I've added to it.
I've also started labelling things as "COMPLETE" on each picture, they've fixed a lot already which is good, getting there.

http://imgur.com/a/nX0Ta
Hey Mike I took a look at the jackets you posted above, and if you could add this to the album as well as a single image if you can put them together http://imgur.com/a/uFFZt

Basically they narrowed the back suede too much and made the jacket back more of an hourglass shape, whereas the the Ugg jacket has a natural form fitting back shape that is straight towards the bottom then has a smooth transition to broader shoulder length

Suzahdi jacket - Too narrow, hourglass shape
Suzahdi back outline.png

Ugg Jacket - form fitting, more anatomically correct
Ugg Back outline.png

Also I think you already mentioned before the lycra/stitching color is still off, looks to be a little too dark? I think it needs to be more of a brown shade, and it looks like the stitching is a light enough brown to be noticeable on the Ugg jacket

Last edited:
I wonder if Suzahdi is getting tired of our customisations or not :D
I know, I kinda feel bad being so nit picky about such small details but the fact that they're willing to listen to our analyses on the actual jacket and having them replicate it as close as possible is way above and beyond the quality of other replica makers! Suzahdi seems to have been pleasant so far on working with us to get it as accurate as possible.

I've been wanting a screen accurate jacket for years and it looks like I might finally get one :D

I know, I kinda feel bad being so nit picky about such small details but the fact that they're willing to listen to our analyses on the actual jacket and having them replicate it as close as possible is way above and beyond the quality of other replica makers! Suzahdi seems to have been pleasant so far on working with us to get it as accurate as possible.

I've been wanting a screen accurate jacket for years and it looks like I might finally get one :D
That is the same that i thought! Im also very hyped to see how it turns out but i was at the dentist not long ago so the jacket has to wait til may. Had something with a tooth and the price to get it fixed was about 1800$!!! Anyway it is great that they do this and make a close as possible replica jacket.

Hey Mike I took a look at the jackets you posted above, and if you could add this to the album as well as a single image if you can put them together http://imgur.com/a/uFFZt

Basically they narrowed the back suede too much and made the jacket back more of an hourglass shape, whereas the the Ugg jacket has a natural form fitting back shape that is straight towards the bottom then has a smooth transition to broader shoulder length

Suzahdi jacket - Too narrow, hourglass shape
View attachment 706066

Ugg Jacket - form fitting, more anatomically correct
View attachment 706067

Also I think you already mentioned before the lycra/stitching color is still off, looks to be a little too dark? I think it needs to be more of a brown shade, and it looks like the stitching is a light enough brown to be noticeable on the Ugg jacket

Yeah I did notice the shape of the back, but I was wondering if the bottom part of the jacket has something under it on the table its on, looks as though it's not flat on the table so I was wondering it that's an illusion, though I will check. I've messaged them about the lycra colour and thickness, waiting on a response back. And yeah I feel very guilty lol especially asking for more and more materials and changes, Im hoping they're seeing this as a good thing and a way to make their jacket better and sell more, it's good that they've changed so many of the things already and that they're getting there, just need to see if they're willing to find a thicker lycra and dye it a lighter Brown than the main suede.

Last edited:
Yeah I did notice the shape of the back, but I was wondering it the bottom part of the jacket has something under it on the table its on, looks as though it's not flat on the table so I was wondering it that's an illusion, though I will check. I've messaged them about the lycra colour and thickness, waiting on a response back. And yeah I feel very guilty lol especially asking for more and more materials and changes, Im hoping they're seeing this as a good thing and a way to make their jacket better and sell more, it's good that they've changed so many of the things already and that they're getting there, just need to see if they're willing to find a thicker lycra and dye it a lighter Brown than the main suede.
yeah I'm sure they will see this as investment tbh they have sold so many of the replicas already, and if they compare the replica when it's complete to the original on the pictures people will no doubt buy it more. People like us and for cos plays etc. I want a jacket that I really like and feel comfortable in I can move around easily while it being stylish. I have so many jackets but never wear them cause they don't fit too well such as the rick grimes jacket I bought from I think marvel leathers it's to tight and can't lift my arm without the whole jacket coming up therefore trying to reach up to things just won't work. That's why I want this jacket to allow me to have freedom whilst moving. I love the lining inside it looks so warm which is what I need I live in Scotland and it's always cold and this jacket if they nail the other things we need I will definitely buy one even if it's an extra £30 for all the customizations.

The way I can describe I want the jacket to be is to feel like a jumper with it easy to move but look like the jacket

Last edited:
Added a bunch more pics to the Imgur album:

chest suede armpit.jpgline of stitching under armpit.jpgwaist pocket zip tape.jpgthumbnail_IMG_5709.jpgcollar 4.jpgBack arched line and suede curve.jpg

Attachments

• Back arched line and suede curve.jpg
    Back arched line and suede curve.jpg
    409.5 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
I think the back looks better when you see a more realistic amount of lycra on the sides:

back real vs suzahdi .jpg

Suede section doesn't look as narrow, I've added it anyway, but what I don't want is for the jacket to end up looking more like the original Suzahdi one again, where the back had too much suede and didn't curve in.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back