Walking Dead Rick Jacket

Update on the lining:
lining material.jpglining.jpg

I have asked whether they will quilt this and they will. I think this is a pretty nice lining considering we'll never get the actual real one.

They are currently working on a new sample jacket with most/all of the imgur changes, waiting on pics of that now asap. Will update when I have the pics.

Is it not possible that there are different types of anqitue brass even? Or that UGG/IDEAL had something done to them?

View attachment 704387View attachment 704388

And yeah I did think to mention the button colour to match with the zips, will mention before ordering.
And you also mentioned about the multiple jackets, which is likely and might even explain the differences in suede colour lol

You can have zippers in many colors/finishes, however antique brass is a pretty standard color/finish, so it's most probably the same everywhere. Do take into account that in the first picture the lighting is less and the zipper looks dark, while in the second picture it's in fairly bright light and the zippers are reflecting the light, making it look shiny.

Update on the lining:
View attachment 704403View attachment 704404

I have asked whether they will quilt this and they will. I think this is a pretty nice lining considering we'll never get the actual real one.

They are currently working on a new sample jacket with most/all of the imgur changes, waiting on pics of that now asap. Will update when I have the pics.

Not bad.

You can have zippers in many colors/finishes, however antique brass is a pretty standard color/finish, so it's most probably the same everywhere. Do take into account that in the first picture the lighting is less and the zipper looks dark, while in the second picture it's in fairly bright light and the zippers are reflecting the light, making it look shiny.

Not bad.

Yeah I know what you mean about the light, i think it's the teeth colour that's standing out to me most, they don't seem to have much colour to them on the sourced zip, compared to the UGG jacket where it's much more gold. It's also more the main zip which I'm not liking so much. Also not sure about the YKK main zip, it would probably annoy me having YKK written on the one and then just nothing on the other 2, kind of mismatched (OCD? but then again we have a 6 page thread about a jacket)

After looking at my WSL jacket, which i asked for brass or bronze zips, it probably would look right, lighting again:
http://imgur.com/a/IAPDn

If the zips they've sourced are the same colour as that (including the teeth) I'd be happy.

OCD? but then again we have a 6 page thread about a jacket)
I chuckled out loud reading this at work, even my mom was astounded at the details we've been gathering on the jacket

I agree with Razor, the antique brass seems the closest in terms of accuracy to the jacket and does look a bit more aesthetically pleasing, the lighting most likely doesn't do it justice

The main zipper does look a bit off though, you're right about the lack of texture. Like you posted in page 4, the main zip has an outline around the border in this image

attachment.php

As for the interior lining pic you posted, it looks pretty good and probably the nicest we can get without getting the real thing. Personally, I'm still trying to decide whether I want that textured colored pattern or if I just want solid black on the inside

By the way, it's interesting to see that the costume department clearly has at least two UGG jackets for Andrew Lincoln's Rick Grimes to wear.
Notice the zipper pull of the left waist pocket is broken in the first picture while in the 4th picture you can see that it's not broken.
Also the suede inside facing on the left side underneath the fur is worn at the stitches in the first picture, but not in the second picture.
In the first picture the left side of the chest is worn and has holes, whereas the jacket in the second picture doesn't have any significant wear and no holes whatsoever on the left side chest panel.
I remember the costume designer just saying "Yeah we got the jacket at a thrift store sorry can't give details" Um no you bought two $500 Ugg jackets lmao

I'm pretty sure they also have two of Daryl's vests as well, you can tell by the detail on the wings changing between seasons

Here's Season 4, notice the fine details on the ruffles of the wings
TWD_402_GP_0520_0029.jpg

Here's Season 5 Episode 6, now the "ruffles" look like they just rushed a sharpie job xD
464ba68d-d272-4c19-8bcf-8341cd15827c.jpg

And here's Season 6/7 which for some reason they went back to the same Season 4 vest (Did the costume department lose the vest and find it between seasons??)
daryl vest 609.png dwight 703.png
Oh geez now I'm already rambling about another TWD costume replica

I'm pretty sure people have already identified the vest as a Wilson Leather Street Legal vest, it's just the wings that are hard to make lol

I chuckled out loud reading this at work, even my mom was astounded at the details we've been gathering on the jacket

I agree with Razor, the antique brass seems the closest in terms of accuracy to the jacket and does look a bit more aesthetically pleasing, the lighting most likely doesn't do it justice

The main zipper does look a bit off though, you're right about the lack of texture. Like you posted in page 4, the main zip has an outline around the border in this image

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=701300&d=1485393115

As for the interior lining pic you posted, it looks pretty good and probably the nicest we can get without getting the real thing. Personally, I'm still trying to decide whether I want that textured colored pattern or if I just want solid black on the inside

I remember the costume designer just saying "Yeah we got the jacket at a thrift store sorry can't give details" Um no you bought two $500 Ugg jackets lmao

I'm pretty sure they also have two of Daryl's vests as well, you can tell by the detail on the wings changing between seasons

Here's Season 4, notice the fine details on the ruffles of the wings
View attachment 704506

Here's Season 5 Episode 6, now the "ruffles" look like they just rushed a sharpie job xD
View attachment 704509

And here's Season 6/7 which for some reason they went back to the same Season 4 vest (Did the costume department lose the vest and find it between seasons??)
View attachment 704510 View attachment 704511
Oh geez now I'm already rambling about another TWD costume replica

I'm pretty sure people have already identified the vest as a Wilson Leather Street Legal vest, it's just the wings that are hard to make lol

Yeah I shall likely go for the antique brass, just need to sort a main zip.

In terms of the lining yeah that's fair enough, though I also don't think that pic does the lining justice, would probably look much better when quilted.

And that it was the only one and exist only on the show. I got the impression that they bought a 20 years old vintage jacket and altered it to such an extent that it was impossible to figure out what the original jacket would look like. Boy was I wrong. I turned to replica jackets because the real deal was nowhere to be found, until I stumbled upon a website that posted info on the fashion of the Walking Dead. They surely did manage not to advertise that their jacket was an UGG jacket.

Hi, I've been looking through this post and its amazing to find a forum that everyone thinks the same. I've been looking for a brilliant replica just cannot seem to find one.

After looking through this whoel thread I would say that if Suzahdi can do all the right alterations to the lining to making the jacket when lifting your arm it doesn't lift the whole jacket would be awesome! I want a jacket like this so I can wear day to day and also at Comic Con cosplaying as Rick.

Also I've been trying to find the gun belt of his for my cosplay I found the exact made from http://www.texshoemaker.com/product.sc?productId=330
but looking at how much it actually costs roughly £300 including shipping is maybe a bit over my limit. The main aim is for the holster the swivel and the look of it is hard to find cheap. If anyone has any ideas let me know :). I was thinking of just buying seperate like geta belt that is basket weaven for cheap then build it myself etc..

I really hope this jacket turns out the way it looks on the original, I also think that the leather is a touch too dark if they maybe got a better pic in better lighting or make it a slight bit more brown :)

From looking at the purple lining on Suzahdi I would say its a bit too purple also, on the original jacket its more of a brown/red with a touch of purple or is that just me? There isn't much red but I can see the brown more on the front and kind of a bit dark purple ish on the back?

Hi, I've been looking through this post and its amazing to find a forum that everyone thinks the same. I've been looking for a brilliant replica just cannot seem to find one.

After looking through this whoel thread I would say that if Suzahdi can do all the right alterations to the lining to making the jacket when lifting your arm it doesn't lift the whole jacket would be awesome! I want a jacket like this so I can wear day to day and also at Comic Con cosplaying as Rick.

Also I've been trying to find the gun belt of his for my cosplay I found the exact made from http://www.texshoemaker.com/product.sc?productId=330
but looking at how much it actually costs roughly £300 including shipping is maybe a bit over my limit. The main aim is for the holster the swivel and the look of it is hard to find cheap. If anyone has any ideas let me know :). I was thinking of just buying seperate like geta belt that is basket weaven for cheap then build it myself etc..

I really hope this jacket turns out the way it looks on the original, I also think that the leather is a touch too dark if they maybe got a better pic in better lighting or make it a slight bit more brown :)
Go to the search bar and you can find the stuff you are looking for. The belt, holster ect has been ID'ed quite some time ago. Anyway you can go over to Ebay and search up "Basket weave" and you will find something you like that is cheaper than the orginal. Keywords for everything would be "Basket weave belt, Basket weave holster, Basket weave cuff pouch, Basket weave speed loader" If you still need more info or alternatives i would go on one of the other posts so this dosnt get flooded with everything else than the jacket. Good luck! :)

Just found a hi res daylight photo of Rick's jacket from 616, pretty good for color referencing on the side lycra contrasting the suede brown

TWD_616_GP_1116_0239-RT.jpg

Good pic, I thought I noticed a line going midway down the lycra. I've seen this on one other pic aswell as this one but not on any of the others?

Since there are more UGG jackets in use, one has the extra seam on the ribbed side panels and the other doesn't.

No seams:

the-walking-dead-season-4-finale-previously-unreleased-promotional-and-bts-photos-22_full.jpgthe-walking-dead-saison-5-nouvelles-images-rick-daryl.jpgwalking-dead-season-5-image-1.jpg

Seams:

landscape-1477321569-walking-dead-rick-season-7-episode-1.JPGThe-Walking-Dead-Season-4-Finale-Previously-Unreleased-Promotional-and-BTS-Photos-28_FULL.jpgThe-Walking-Dead-Season-4-Finale-Previously-Unreleased-Promotional-and-BTS-Photos-30_FULL.jpgtwd501gp05130085.jpg

I'd say don't add the seams. Why? Because you can always add them yourself if the jacket turns out to be a little too wide. And both are accurate. The original UGG jacket (obviously) doesn't have them.

I would say with seam, would probably provide extra flexibility, also is anyone noticing the side panels are redish? And not purple

It has nothing to do with flexibility. The side panels are made of lycra/ribbed fabric that has plenty of stretch already.

The ribbed fabric parts definitely aren't purple, but instead very much brown. Under different lighting conditions the ribbed fabric parts look red/purple/brown.

Last edited:
Okay cool, for my opinion I would say seam for mine makes it look more stylish I think. I just hope this jacket turns out well would love a jacket that is easy to move in that looks awesome!

Hahah not yet, I shall post a full review when I receive it with about 50 pictures etc lol. Still currently waiting for the pics of the zippers, didn't receive them yesterday. Also waiting for them to find a patterned polyester lining and also waiting for pics of their latest jacket sample which they said they were working on. So hopefully can receive all that asap, confirm a few last little tweaks and then order.
I asked for pictures of the brown suede jacket they have they sent these to me. Seems they have done most of the requests only thing is the side panels are purple on this? And haven't cut the collar to the same way ricks is other than that looks good$_122 (1).jpg$_122 (2).jpg$_122 (3).jpg$_122.jpg

I asked for pictures of the brown suede jacket they have they sent these to me. Seems they have done most of the requests only thing is the side panels are purple on this? And haven't cut the collar to the same way ricks is other than that looks goodView attachment 705936View attachment 705937View attachment 705938View attachment 705939

Yeah I have just received these myself, I will have to ask about the purple, but otherwise it is looking very good, they even added the detailing on the back of the collar.

16593607_1250568618330932_1370008556_o.jpg16667949_1250568811664246_148906562_o.jpg16668047_1250568744997586_945284779_o.jpg16709440_1250568784997582_1436765665_o.jpg16731312_1250568564997604_1889730916_o.jpg16731407_1250568834997577_1434183797_o.jpg16731681_1250568928330901_1716671905_o.jpg

Yeah I have just received these myself, I will have to ask about the purple, but otherwise it is looking very good, they even added the detailing on the back of the collar.

View attachment 705941View attachment 705942View attachment 705943View attachment 705944View attachment 705945View attachment 705946View attachment 705947
yeah looks great its really just the collar still looks a bit boxy needs a curve. Just hope it doesn't have the same problem of when lifting your arm whole coat comes up.

yeah looks great its really just the collar still looks a bit boxy needs a curve. Just hope it doesn't have the same problem of when lifting your arm whole coat comes up.

Yeah the cuff looks good, everything looks to line up more or less.
Back of the collar has the stitching
Stitching looks good across the jacket, lines of 2 alongside the main zip, 3 stitched lines on the chest/two back sections.
I'm happier with the zippers now, especially the waist pocket ones, colour looks more spot on in these pics. (they also look slightly more angled and closer to the lycra)
Main zip starts 5mm up the jacket
Shape of the jacket looks much more accurate now with the curves
Inside looks good too, got the layout right with the different lining sections
Patterened lining also looks really nice (IMO) and looks better with the quilt as I thought it might
Pockets inside are now buttoned with a brass looking button unless the light is tricking me again and its actually silver

Overall looking way better.

16709440_1250568784997582_1436765665_o.jpg3TPG3A6.jpg16731312_1250568564997604_1889730916_o.jpglFZhsne.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back