Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Jan 2017
    Jan 25, 2017, 8:47 AM - Re: Walking Dead Rick Jacket #76

accidental said: View Post
    They should really source the correct zippers...

They were made by this company: http://www.idealfastener.com/
    Would those zips cost any extra than the zips they're using I guess/how easy are they to source. I will ask about them anyway.

I have also asked whether they would be able to replace parts of the inner polyester lining for lycra. I will let everyone know when they come back to me
  2. Member Since
    Sep 2015
    Jan 25, 2017, 9:03 AM - Re: Walking Dead Rick Jacket #77

Like Mike said: View Post
    Quick update, I have just received these pictures from suzahdi of zip samples, shearling and lycra
    Attachment 701104Attachment 701105Attachment 701106
    Well, considering the poor lighting conditions on the photos the color of the ribbed fabric doesn't look that much off. Shearling also looks close from what can be seen. But to be sure ask for photos both in natural daylight and using a flash.The zippers do look wrong. The fabric is black? Obviously they need to be dark brown.

As for the (waist pocket) zippers maybe this could be sourced by Suzahdi?:
    https://aliexpress.com/item/40cm-100...ig=true#extend

They also do the zippers in antique brass which is the one you need (I already contacted them some time ago).

As for the main zipper, maybe these are of interest:
    https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...838.0.0.tLozJu
    https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...838.0.0.UfiXpM

Perhaps it's also a good idea to see the ribbed fabric next to the suede, both in natural daylight and using a flash, to see how they match (and also to see what color the suede actually is, because it looks quite dark/black).
  3. Member Since
    Jan 2017
    Jan 25, 2017, 9:20 AM - Re: Walking Dead Rick Jacket #78

Razor1986 said: View Post
    Well, considering the poor lighting conditions on the photos the color of the ribbed fabric doesn't look that much off. Shearling also looks close from what can be seen. But to be sure ask for photos both in natural daylight and using a flash.The zippers do look wrong. The fabric is black? Obviously they need to be dark brown.

They also do the zippers in antique brass which is the one you need (I already contacted them some time ago).

Perhaps it's also a good idea to see the ribbed fabric next to the suede, both in natural daylight and using a flash, to see how they match (and also to see what color the suede actually is, because it looks quite dark/black).
    Good ideas, I will ask about the extra pictures, the shearling looks the closest I've seen compared to any other, but yeah I will ask for more pics in different lighting etc. Those zips also don't look bad at all, haven't had a proper look as I'm at work atm, but im guessing we can get the main zip and pocket zips in the same identical colour?

As for the suede yeah it looks very dark, I've seen it look Brown on one of their pics, but at the same time Rick's jacket also looks black in some scenes due to lighting, I will ask for more pics again comparing suede to lycra.
  4. Member Since
    Jan 2017
    Jan 25, 2017, 1:07 PM - Re: Walking Dead Rick Jacket #79

Also in relation to the zips, do you mean you contacted aliexpress and that they do the antique brass? If so do they do the antique brass for both the main zipper and for the waist pocket zippers that you linked?
  5. Member Since
    Jul 2015
    Jan 25, 2017, 1:22 PM - Re: Walking Dead Rick Jacket #80

Good ideas, I will ask about the extra pictures, the shearling looks the closest I've seen compared to any other, but yeah I will ask for more pics in different lighting etc. Those zips also don't look bad at all, haven't had a proper look as I'm at work atm, but im guessing we can get the main zip and pocket zips in the same identical colour?

As for the suede yeah it looks very dark, I've seen it look Brown on one of their pics, but at the same time Rick's jacket also looks black in some scenes due to lighting, I will ask for more pics again comparing suede to lycra.
    If you're going to inquire about the coloring, show them these pictures for a good reference of the suede and cotton-lycra shades of brown

6. Member Since
    Jul 2015
    Jan 25, 2017, 1:37 PM - Re: Walking Dead Rick Jacket #81

I did some looking on Ideal zippers' website and I think I may have found the correct zipper, go to this link http://www.idealfastener.com/zippers/search/page:1 and hit control F and enter this sequence: M86A65 and this zipper should pop up
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	826.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	9.7 KB 
ID:	701174

Compared to the zipper on the actual Ugg jacket this seems to be spot on minus the antique brass
  7. Member Since
    Jan 2017
    Jan 25, 2017, 7:27 PM - Re: Walking Dead Rick Jacket #82

nladyman said: View Post
    I did some looking on Ideal zippers' website and I think I may have found the correct zipper, go to this link http://www.idealfastener.com/zippers/search/page:1 and hit control F and enter this sequence: M86A65 and this zipper should pop up

Name:	826.jpg 
Views:	14 
ID:	701174

Compared to the zipper on the actual Ugg jacket this seems to be spot on minus the antique brass
    http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php...1&d=1484872033

Nice find on the zip, I also found a few others very similar from IDEAL.They're different sizes, and I think the one you initially suggested is the right one anyway.

Name:	M56A65.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	701284Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M56DFL.jpg 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	701285Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M86A65.jpg 
Views:	11 
ID:	701286Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M86DFL.jpg 
Size:	9.8 KB 
ID:	701287Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZIPS.png 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	701288

Would just need to check on the sizing as I'm unsure.

I've also sorted this to show Suzahdi when I get chance:

Name:	Lining.fw.png 
Views:	37 
Size:	3.72 MB 
ID:	701289
  8. Member Since
    Jan 2017
    Jan 25, 2017, 8:14 PM - Re: Walking Dead Rick Jacket #83

Also just found this, though I thought it would be a bigger size:

Name:	M56S6.png 
Views:	231 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	701300

You can see both zips in this pic:

Name:	9745ea1e55670d874aacc471a6d54419.jpg 
Size:	801.8 KB 
ID:	701301
  9. Member Since
    Jul 2015
    Jan 25, 2017, 9:48 PM - Re: Walking Dead Rick Jacket #84

Also just found this, though I thought it would be a bigger size:

Name:	M56S6.png 
Views:	231 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	701300

You can see both zips in this pic:
    Excellent, so the previous zipper is for the pockets and this zipper is for the front. It does seem like it would be a bigger size but that looks to be the closest match. Do you think Suzahdi has those or would be able to accommodate for those? I can't seem to find a purchase section on Ideal's website
  10. Member Since
    Sep 2015
    Jan 26, 2017, 1:30 AM - Re: Walking Dead Rick Jacket #85

Nice find on the zip, I also found a few others very similar from IDEAL.They're different sizes, and I think the one you initially suggested is the right one anyway.

Name:	M56A65.jpg 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	701284Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M56DFL.jpg 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	701285Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M86A65.jpg 
ID:	701286Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M86DFL.jpg 
Size:	9.8 KB 
ID:	701287Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZIPS.png 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	701288

Would just need to check on the sizing as I'm unsure.
    Nice find, but indeed, you need size 8. As nladyman has said, the question also remains whether Suzahdi can source these zippers or not.

If not (which is more than likely) maybe settle with zippers that look close enough?

I've also sorted this to show Suzahdi when I get chance:

Name:	Lining.fw.png 
Size:	3.72 MB 
ID:	701289
    Also note that the ribbed fabric is also applied to the lining of the sleeves from the underarm to the start of the cuffs and not only on the outside.

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_5840.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	549.1 KB 
ID:	701362
    Last edited by Razor1986; Jan 26, 2017 at 1:42 AM.
  11. Member Since
    Jan 2017
    Jan 26, 2017, 2:40 AM - Re: Walking Dead Rick Jacket #86

Nice find, but indeed, you need size 8. As nladyman has said, the question also remains whether Suzahdi can source these zippers or not.

If not (which is more than likely) maybe settle with zippers that look close enough?

Also note that the ribbed fabric is also applied to the lining of the sleeves from the underarm to the start of the cuffs and not only on the outside.

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_5840.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	549.1 KB 
ID:	701362
    I have emailed IDEAL on multiple emails to try and confirm that these zippers are the correct ones and that they do them in antique brass (which I'm assuming they do considering the pic of all the different colours on their website). I have also asked whether we can purchase these so fingers crossed. In terms of the size, that main zip doesn't show up under the size 8 section so I'm wondering if the size 5 is the one and that they're sizing is just weird on the website.

And in terms of the lycra under the cuff, yeah I noticed that too and im guessing it's just another layer of lycra running down the sleeve instead of polyester lining. So I can just let suzahdi know to replace the inner arm lining with lycra too instead of polyester if they can do it. So basically two layers of lycra in those sections and polyester lining for the rest of the lining down the arm.
    Last edited by Like Mike; Jan 26, 2017 at 4:24 AM.
  12. Member Since
    Jan 2017
    Jan 26, 2017, 2:57 PM - Re: Walking Dead Rick Jacket #87

Pic to show lycra inside arm:

Name:	Lycra arm lining.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	541.8 KB 
ID:	701462
    Jan 26, 2017, 5:35 PM - Re: Walking Dead Rick Jacket #88

Images of the zipper and Lycra
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5848.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	2.95 MB 
ID:	701488   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5722.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	701487  
  14. Member Since
    Jan 2017
    Jan 26, 2017, 6:08 PM - Re: Walking Dead Rick Jacket #89

accidental said: View Post
    Images of the zipper and Lycra
    Also worth noting that the stitching is the same colour as the lycra, as shown in your pics.
  15. Member Since
    Jan 2017
    Jan 26, 2017, 6:39 PM - Re: Walking Dead Rick Jacket #90

Zip size comparison with measurements:

Name:	ZIPS.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	626.4 KB 
ID:	701503

After seeing how they look near enough the same size, is it possible that they're both the number 5 size?

Name:	correct zips.fw.png 
Size:	167.9 KB 
ID:	701508

Although now I'm wondering and guessing that the 8 on this pic means size 8:

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_5773.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	445.4 KB 
ID:	701515
    Last edited by Like Mike; Jan 26, 2017 at 7:25 PM.
  16. Member Since
    Jan 2017
    Jan 26, 2017, 10:21 PM - Re: Walking Dead Rick Jacket #91

http://imgur.com/a/025y1

I have started making this and have almost finished it (things like the zips should be easy details to sort with Suzahdi)
    I will annotate the remaining pictures tomorrow and add 1 more that I can think of (pocket zip angles)
  17. Member Since
    Jul 2015
    Jan 26, 2017, 11:00 PM - Re: Walking Dead Rick Jacket #92

http://imgur.com/a/025y1

I have started making this and have almost finished it (things like the zips should be easy details to sort with Suzahdi)
    I will annotate the remaining pictures tomorrow and add 1 more that I can think of (pocket zip angles)

Thank you for including the interior pockets having similar buttons, if we have other details you want us to quote it and post a reply?
  18. Member Since
    Jan 2017
    Jan 26, 2017, 11:05 PM - Re: Walking Dead Rick Jacket #93

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjUqUVrXclE

If we have other details you want us to quote it and post a reply?
    Yeah if you quote me on here, depending what it is i'll add it, I'll probably use that to send to suzahdi for when I order mine so depending if we want the same things etc then yeah I'll add whatever they are. If not, you can always steal all those pics etc and then add your own onto a separate imgur post, no problem
  19. Member Since
    Jan 2017
    Jan 27, 2017, 5:09 AM - Re: Walking Dead Rick Jacket #94

Name:	received_1236098186444642.jpeg 
Views:	46 
Size:	221.0 KB 
ID:	701612Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_1236098189777975.jpeg 
Views:	445 
Size:	212.6 KB 
ID:	701611Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_1236098219777972.jpeg 
Views:	28 
Size:	377.8 KB 
ID:	701610

More sample pics from Suzahdi, showing the shearling and lycra. Also noticed the button strap across the collar, wasn't sure if this would be included as couldn't see it before, I will add this to the customisations pics later to have this removed/not included. On the plus side theyv added a section of shearling around the Suzahdi logo inside the jacket like on the original
  20. Member Since
    Jul 2015
    Jan 27, 2017, 8:37 AM - Re: Walking Dead Rick Jacket #95

Name:	received_1236098186444642.jpeg 
Views:	46 
Size:	221.0 KB 
ID:	701612Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_1236098189777975.jpeg 
Views:	445 
Size:	212.6 KB 
ID:	701611Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_1236098219777972.jpeg 
Views:	28 
Size:	377.8 KB 
ID:	701610

More sample pics from Suzahdi, showing the shearling and lycra. Also noticed the button strap across the collar, wasn't sure if this would be included as couldn't see it before, I will add this to the customisations pics later to have this removed/not included. On the plus side theyv added a section of shearling around the Suzahdi logo inside the jacket like on the original
    They sent me those as well I was wondering if this one was yours, did they have additional photos of the jacket as well, such as the narrow athletic fit? And have they responded to the other requests such as the zippers,

Also from what the representative told me, yes they can integrate the cotton lycra fabiric to the jacket rather than stitch it on top.

What do you think of the fabric color? It looks pretty accurate
  21. Member Since
    Jan 2017
    Jan 27, 2017, 8:49 AM - Re: Walking Dead Rick Jacket #96

They sent me those as well I was wondering if this one was yours, did they have additional photos of the jacket as well, such as the narrow athletic fit? And have they responded to the other requests such as the zippers,

Also from what the representative told me, yes they can integrate the cotton lycra fabiric to the jacket rather than stitch it on top.

What do you think of the fabric color? It looks pretty accurate
    Nah that's not mine, I've sent suzahdi my imgur post to look over and I've informed them that I will resend the complete list of customisations when I order. But first I hope they can have a look and let me know what they think of the customisations, whether they're happy to do these changes etc and if they have any questions or parts they don't understand. And no they only sent me those 3 pics, did they send you some others then? In relation to zippers I haven't had much back from them, I've told them im looking into those zips from China that were linked before on here. I've had no response from IDEAL. And you mean for the lycra lining? Because Im assuming it's two layers of lycra, the outside part which has a lycra lining part stitched on top of that inside. I think the fabric looks good, personally I'm happy with the materials, you can see the small lines in the lycra which is nice, gives it texture, the suede they have assured me is a dark brown and that the camera and lighting make it look black. Overall im happy, just need to arrange the zips and then confirm that suzahdi are happy with all of the customisations once I send them the complete list
  22. Member Since
    Jul 2015
    Jan 27, 2017, 9:11 AM - Re: Walking Dead Rick Jacket #97

Nah that's not mine, I've sent suzahdi my imgur post to look over and I've informed them that I will resend the complete list of customisations when I order. But first I hope they can have a look and let me know what they think of the customisations, whether they're happy to do these changes etc and if they have any questions or parts they don't understand. And no they only sent me those 3 pics, did they send you some others then? In relation to zippers I haven't had much back from them, I've told them im looking into those zips from China that were linked before on here. I've had no response from IDEAL. And you mean for the lycra lining? Because Im assuming it's two layers of lycra, the outside part which has a lycra lining part stitched on top of that inside. I think the fabric looks good, personally I'm happy with the materials, you can see the small lines in the lycra which is nice, gives it texture, the suede they have assured me is a dark brown and that the camera and lighting make it look black. Overall im happy, just need to arrange the zips and then confirm that suzahdi are happy with all of the customisations once I send them the complete list
    They only sent me those 3 photos as well

As for the side lycra, I looked again and it does look like how you're describing it with two layers. Initially I thought it looked like one solid piece of lycra they stitched between the suede from the photos you pointed out of the sleeves having the lycra inside as well, maybe we can get confirmation from one of the users in this thread that previously owned the jacket? Although I am inclined to lean towards what you pointed out about the layers of lycra each stitched on the outside and inside, it makes more sense :P

Glad you're happy with it too! The color looks nice and everything is starting to come together, we've made some great progress in this thread over the last couple of weeks
  23. Member Since
    Jan 2017
    Jan 27, 2017, 9:20 AM - Re: Walking Dead Rick Jacket #98

They only sent me those 3 photos as well

As for the side lycra, I looked again and it does look like how you're describing it with two layers. Initially I thought it looked like one solid piece of lycra they stitched between the suede from the photos you pointed out of the sleeves having the lycra inside as well, maybe we can get confirmation from one of the users in this thread that previously owned the jacket? Although I am inclined to lean towards what you pointed out about the layers of lycra each stitched on the outside and inside, it makes more sense :P

Glad you're happy with it too! The color looks nice and everything is starting to come together, we've made some great progress in this thread over the last couple of weeks
    Yeah its basically just a lycra lining inside instead of polyster all the way round, so stitch the inner lycra lining to the outer part of lycra under arm section. Plus it would probably make it warmer.

Yeah the colour is good, I will ask Suzahdi to use the same coloured thread for the stitching as the lycra as I believe this is how it is on the real jacket. And yeah a lot of work but hopefully going to pay off! Looking promising now.
  24. Member Since
    Sep 2015
    Jan 27, 2017, 10:23 AM - Re: Walking Dead Rick Jacket #99

I'm not convinced. The materials themselves look fine (much finer suede than White Sheep Leather), just not the colors. The suede looks too black, the color of the ribbed fabric/lycra looks too different from the color of the suede and the zipper fabric seems to have a more brown color.

As for the lycra parts, yes there's two layers of lycra: one layer is part of the jacket shell, the other is part of the lining.
  25. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Jan 27, 2017, 10:26 AM - Re: Walking Dead Rick Jacket #100

It does look promising! excited to see how it turns out. Like Mike, you are going to order one when you have found all the customization? Would love if you could then come back here with pictures, details ect when you get it