Walking Dead Rick Jacket

Nope. There's no fur or anything like that. Just the suede arches.

Are you able to confirm what accidental said? 21 teeth (teeth that are visible) from the start of the collar? What length of shearling does that equal to along the zip? And then how much extra shearling do you think there needs to be for the fold over part by the zip?

Is that just the one layer of suede too I'm guessing? It's not a separately cut arch for the inner one haha. I'm guessing the shearling was just cut to have that arch in it.

There are actually two layers of suede: one on the inside and one on the outside, but no fur inbetween the two layers of suede.

Are you able to confirm what accidental said? 21 teeth (teeth that are visible) from the start of the collar? What length of shearling does that equal to along the zip? And then how much extra shearling do you think there needs to be for the fold over part by the zip?

21 teeth only measure 6 cm. Add to that extra fur that gets folded over and you get 6,5 - 7 cm along the zipper. Remember that 21 teeth may be visible, but underneath the fur that's folded over the zippers there are more zipper teeth present. I think 28 teeth is the safest one to choose, especially when you consider the fact that in that picture the collar doesn't have as much extra fur folded over the zipper, whereas in the second picture you can see only 21 teeth, but also quite some fur covering the other teeth that are underneath. 28 teeth measure 7,5 cm along the zipper by the way.

Note that because the collar gets folded inwards and the edge gets a curved shape and part of the zipper disappears underneath the fur, the actual length (when measuring straight) becomes less. You'd end up somewhere around 6,5 - 7 cm which is perfect IMO.

There are actually two layers of suede: one on the inside and one on the outside, but no fur inbetween the two layers of suede.

21 teeth only measure 6 cm. Add to that extra fur that gets folded over and you get 6,5-7 cm along the zipper. Remember that 21 teeth may be visible, but underneath the fur that's folded over the zippers there are more zipper teeth present. I think 28 teeth is the safest one to choose, especially when you consider the fact that in that picture the collar doesn't have as much extra fur folded over the zipper, whereas in the second picture you can see only 21 teeth, but also quite some fur covering the other teeth that are underneath.
28 teeth measure 7,5 cm along the zipper by the way.

Okay, so for the stitched arches, I'm guessing the inner arch was a separate piece of suede cut into an arch and then they sewed once (from which side? front or back? Or doesn't it matter?) to attach the inner arch to the main suede back? Would just have to make sure the inner arch is well fitted into that gap in the shearling, otherwise it might look odd being able to see that it's a separately attached inner arch suede piece.

And in relation to the zipper along the shearling, yeah that makes sense, although it depends if we can explain how to do the shearling folding over part, that's one of the main things I'm going to struggle to explain, even in pictures.

I'm happy now that the back shearling is 6.5cm above the arch, and that it then comes round to about 7.5cm on the front, just depends how we go forward with either folding the collar over or just having the collar cut by the zipper into a curve, we could achieve the look of the 28 teeth zipper picture relatively easily I think by just cutting the collar into a curve by the zip. It doesn't look like the shearling is folded over much as you say.

collar.jpg

What does everyone think of these measurements?

(I guessed 48cm for the top of the collar due to it curving in - that would mean it curves in by 2.5cm on each side)

I have also had a reply from Suzahdi saying they will make another sample following Razors measurements (I made a new Imgur album with the measurements - with a few tweaks - http://imgur.com/a/dqasZ )

They have also said they will look for a thicker brown lycra but that it would take more time (which is fair enough) - I have also sent them pics of the lycra of the real UGG jacket and a good reference pic of Rick showing the lycra colour - hopefully they can find something a bit closer)

So they will make a sample following that latest Imgur link and then they can work with scaling it down etc

Last edited:
View attachment 706826

(I guessed 48cm for the top of the collar due to it curving in - that would mean it curves in by 2.5cm on each side)

I have also had a reply from Suzahdi saying they will make another sample following Razors measurements (I made a new Imgur album with the measurements - with a few tweaks - http://imgur.com/a/dqasZ )

They have also said they will look for a thicker brown lycra but that it would take more time (which is fair enough) - I have also sent them pics of the lycra of the real UGG jacket and a good reference pic of Rick showing the lycra colour - hopefully they can find something a bit closer)

So they will make a sample following that latest Imgur link and then they can work with scaling it down etc
Hey I'm not sure if you included it in the cosmetic album for all the details we've logged so far, but on the pocket section you should probably be more clear about the two pockets; I just looked at Suzahdi's latest interior photo they sent you and it looks like they only put one interior pocket instead of two

Hey I'm not sure if you included it in the cosmetic album for all the details we've logged so far, but on the pocket section you should probably be more clear about the two pockets; I just looked at Suzahdi's latest interior photo they sent you and it looks like they only put one interior pocket instead of two

Don't worry I also noticed that on the pics! I will get round to mentioning it somewhere, I think they originally did have two pockets but because they know we want an accurate jacket, they changed it to one (like the ugg) so I shall mention that I want two pockets, was just primarily trying to mention the new lycra and possible new sample first, rather than throwing everything at em at once, but I will make a pic or mention it somewhere

Don't worry I also noticed that on the pics! I will get round to mentioning it somewhere, I think they originally did have two pockets but because they know we want an accurate jacket, they changed it to one (like the ugg) so I shall mention that I want two pockets, was just primarily trying to mention the new lycra and possible new sample first, rather than throwing everything at em at once, but I will make a pic or mention it somewhere
Awesome! In regards to the collar measurements, I went back to one of your reference photos and it looks like the edges aren't as rounded as they are in your mesurement photos if that makes sense? Like it's not completely straight edge square shaped but it isn't too curved

4Bnedfc.jpg

Also, I found a great picture showing off the fit of the back shape of the jacket as well! Pretty much how the back suede should cover most of the person's back and have a more anatomical back shape as opposed to an hourglass shape

The-Walking-Dead-Season-4-Finale-Previously-Unreleased-Promotional-and-BTS-Photos-31_FULL.jpg

Attachments

• tPpsFns.jpg
    tPpsFns.jpg
    849.4 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Awesome! In regards to the collar measurements, I went back to one of your reference photos and it looks like the edges aren't as rounded as they are in your mesurement photos if that makes sense? Like it's not completely straight edge square shaped but it isn't too curved

http://i.imgur.com/4Bnedfc.jpg

Also, I found a great picture showing off the fit of the back shape of the jacket as well! Pretty much how the back suede should cover most of the person's back and have a more anatomical back shape as opposed to an hourglass shape

http://popcultureplayground.com/wp-...leased-Promotional-and-BTS-Photos-31_FULL.jpg

No worries I will look more at the collar angle later, I think the shape of the jacket should be fixed by the measurements link.

View attachment 706826

The top of the collar is much 'pointier' than you point out in the black outline. Here's my take on the collar.

collar likemike 2.jpg

I understand nladyman's concern, but I don't think Like Mike is that much off. I jus remeasured the collar to be sure and perhaps 54 cm is more accurate than 53 cm (at 53 cm the collar edge wasn't completely flat). So 49 cm would be more accurate I think. But really, we're talking 1 centimeter, even millimeters now. I think/hope they get the picture by now.

The top of the collar is much 'pointier' than you point out in the black outline. Here's my take on the collar.

View attachment 706919

I understand nladyman's concern, but I don't think Like Mike is that much off. I jus remeasured the collar to be sure and perhaps 54 cm is more accurate than 53 cm (at 53 cm the collar edge wasn't completely flat). So 49 cm would be more accurate I think. But really, we're talking 1 centimeter, even millimeters now. I think/hope they get the picture by now.

Yeah yeah the black lines were just meant to be a rough marker to show Suzahdi a right angle, so they can see more easily what has been cut away and the angle its been cut away at. But yeah I shall tweak these things later

Heyy so I literally just signed up to this site in order to post here lol... I'm probably the only girl in this thread?? But I've been thinking about buying Rick Grimes' jacket so I just went through this entire thread basically and it seems Suzahdi is the best choice. I'm likely going to get a small size, I don't think I need to do smaller than that, which will be big on me but I like the look of that- may have to customize the sleeve length, idk how long it'll be.

I was wondering though, are the customizations you guys making going to change the way they replicate this jacket in general? I don't need it to be perfectly accurate, I'd just like it to be the nicest quality one I can find since the UGG one is non-existent. Plus I like the side panels a lot and most of the replicas don't seem to have them, but this one does.

I just sent them on ebay message too asking if they'd use a warmer brown for the side panels than the purple color that I saw in your photos.

View attachment 706919

7) COLLAR.jpg

Hows this?

Attachments

• 7) COLLAR.jpg
    7) COLLAR.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 184
Heyy so I literally just signed up to this site in order to post here lol... I'm probably the only girl in this thread?? But I've been thinking about buying Rick Grimes' jacket so I just went through this entire thread basically and it seems Suzahdi is the best choice. I'm likely going to get a small size, I don't think I need to do smaller than that, which will be big on me but I like the look of that- may have to customize the sleeve length, idk how long it'll be.

I was wondering though, are the customizations you guys making going to change the way they replicate this jacket in general? I don't need it to be perfectly accurate, I'd just like it to be the nicest quality one I can find since the UGG one is non-existent. Plus I like the side panels a lot and most of the replicas don't seem to have them, but this one does.

I just sent them on ebay message too asking if they'd use a warmer brown for the side panels than the purple color that I saw in your photos.

Yeah I also signed up to this site just for this thread haha, and it is likely that you are the only girl yeah. If the small doesn't fit you measurements wise, you could always give them custom measurements, you can look up online how to measure yourself etc, or get someone to help or use one of your current jackets that fits well and try and find the measurements for it, probably also worth mentioning that you're a girl to Suzahdi, not sure whether that changes how they'd make the jacket a little.

In terms of whether this will change how Suzahdi make the jacket in general, I'm not sure, I would think it would be the logical thing to do once they compare their replica to the UGG and Ricks jacket, they'll see how close and accurate their jacket is.

If you want the customisations done on your jacket from this thread, you can always mention that to them, they know of this thread and I've sent them a couple of Imgur links to use:
http://imgur.com/a/nX0Ta
http://imgur.com/a/dqasZ

So you can always send them these links and explain you want the same customisations done.

For the side panels, they're working on sourcing a new thicker/more brown cotton-lycra material, so once they find that they'll hopefully send me a pic and I'll share it on here.
Though it probably helps with a few people messaging requesting the same thing, it will hopefully give them more incentive to source the material.

The collar looks alright to me I guess.

It does look like the thread they use for the stitches should be much thicker:

waist pocket zip tape.jpg

Also the color of the zip tape should be a darker black brown:

16667949_1250568811664246_148906562_o.jpg

The collar looks alright to me I guess.

It does look like the thread they use for the stitches should be much thicker:

View attachment 707096

Also the color of the zip tape should be a darker black brown:

View attachment 707097

Not sure we'll get the collar much better than that.
Nice spot with the thread, I'll mention it.

For the zipper tape, I think that's more on the main zip than the waist pocket zips (and im going to request Suzahdi to order the main zipper anyway with black tape)

Sourced main zip.jpgSourced waist pocket zip 2.jpgSourced waist pocket zip.jpg

Requesting Suzahdi order this:

sourced zips.jpg

But with black tape, in size 8

So, I've been told (thanks ctu92) that in the series, Rick doesn't just wear multiple jackets, but also different sizes: one size that fits him just right and the other that's clearly oversized:

The normal fit:
rehost_2016_9_13_1ee01f13-82ce-4a8d-9277-2aab9bc5af0f.jpgEthan-*****-and-Rick-in-The-Walking-Dead-Season-6-Episode-12.jpgtumblr_njb9ix24LJ1qf9moso1_1280.jpg45b25fd31121a900e35a2b385fa6d4a3.jpgwalking-dead-season-5-image-1.jpg

The oversized 'baggy' fit:

jacket.jpgCm7SdrQWgAABAtT.jpgthe-walking-dead-episode-615-morgan-james-rick-lincoln-935.jpglandscape-1477321569-walking-dead-rick-season-7-episode-1.JPG

Also notice the differences. The oversized jacket has been taken in at the side panels, where you can seam a seam running. The normal fit jacket doesn't have these seams. Also note the difference in sleeve length and the difference in fit. I just thought I'd share it with you.

So, I've been told (thanks ctu92) that in the series, Rick doesn't just wear multiple jackets, but also different sizes: one size that fits him just right and the other that's clearly oversized:

The normal fit:
View attachment 707380View attachment 707381View attachment 707379View attachment 707382View attachment 707388

The oversized 'baggy' fit:

View attachment 707384View attachment 707386View attachment 707385View attachment 707387

Also notice the differences. The oversized jacket has been taken in at the side panels, where you can seam a seam running. The normal fit jacket doesn't have these seams. Also note the difference in sleeve length and the difference in fit. I just thought I'd share it with you.

Wtf... well at least we know now, no wonder this jacket is so complicated lol that's why the zip is missing too, its on the baggy one but not on the normal fit.
So as far as we can tell, logically the measurements you gave for the large UGG jacket would get us the normal fit jacket, seeing as we would guess it hasn't been altered as much (ribbed side panel doesn't have a seam on the normal fit and so is closer to the original/less likely to have been altered)

I bet this also explains the difference in suede colour... at this point I wouldn't have put it past TWD team to have done anything to these jackets.
No idea why they're using multiple differently sized and styled jackets.

In a way this almost makes things easier, because no matter what jacket Suzahdi make, it will be at least some kind of Rick jacket xD baggy... tighter fitting... longer sleeves... shorter sleeves... longer collar... shorter collar... we'll get one of the versions hahah

Wtf... well at least we know now, no wonder this jacket is so complicated lol that's why the zip is missing too, its on the baggy one but not on the normal fit.
So as far as we can tell, logically the measurements you gave for the large UGG jacket would get us the normal fit jacket, seeing as we would guess it hasn't been altered as much (ribbed side panel doesn't have a seam on the normal fit and so is closer to the original/less likely to have been altered)

I bet this also explains the difference in suede colour... at this point I wouldn't have put it past TWD team to have done anything to these jackets.
No idea why they're using multiple differently sized and styled jackets.

In a way this almost makes things easier, because no matter what jacket Suzahdi make, it will be at least some kind of Rick jacket xD baggy... tighter fitting... longer sleeves... shorter sleeves... longer collar... shorter collar... we'll get one of the versions hahah

Well, it's easy: if you're normally a size L and order a size L you'd get the normal fit, if you order an XL you get the oversized fit. It's a matter of sizing up.
As far as altering the side panels goes, anyone who can work with a sewing machine can do it in like 5 minutes.

Well, it's easy: if you're normally a size L and order a size L you'd get the normal fit, if you order an XL you get the oversized fit. It's a matter of sizing up.
As far as altering the side panels goes, anyone who can work with a sewing machine can do it in like 5 minutes.
Yeah but then the arm lifting thing might happen. Also i am 99% sure they have at least 2 jackets. One for Rick and for a stunt double so they might switch around jackets

Yeah but then the arm lifting thing might happen. Also i am 99% sure they have at least 2 jackets. One for Rick and for a stunt double so they might switch around jackets

No it won't, because the pointy shoulders you get when lifting your arm (to which you're referring) only happen when the jacket is too tight in the chest and the jacket is pulling. In an oversized jacket this clearly cannot happen, especially if it doesn't happen in a jacket that's a size smaller.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back