Recalled toys. Who's got um?

joeranger

Sr Member
I just saw a post that Mattel released a Vibrating Harry Potter Broomstick that sex shops were selling for twice the price after they were recalled?
Anyone get one?

I used to have a Happy meal Bugs Bunny as Superman toy that when you put the cape on backwards, it looked like Bugs was really happy to see you;)

Years ago I had a bunch of Thomas the Tank Engine trains that were recalled because of the paint or some damn thing. My son had lost interest in them, so when the brand new ones in blisterpacks came from the manufacturer I sold them on the bay for good dough.

One of my child hood friends had the Battlestar Galactica viper toy that shot projectiles from the nose cone.

I had those too!

I've got the Austin Powers figure that says "Do I make you horny?".... it was recalled after parents groups made a kerfuffle over it....

back in the 70's I had a Star Wars toy that shot a rocket thing out of the back and it was recalled due to it being called a "chocking hazard". I believe it was Boba Fett and I had to mail away to get it.

:lol Right!

Honestly I'm amazed most GI joe and transformers in the 80s didn't get recalled, I remember the Decepticon jets firing missiles with fairly pointy ends on them lol

Lawn darts, I win!

Not just recalled...flat out banned by the consumer protection agency.

-Rylo

I wish I'd kept the sets of those my grandparents had back in the 80s. Not even sure why they bought them as I think we used them once when I was over there.

Lone Star Gambler Spud and Cap Gun. I don't know if these were banned, but they suddenly left the shelves.

Toys - Guns - Spud Gun.jpg 8434531730_c214c2b2b7.jpg

I've got an original 1979 Kenner Alien. I bought it when I was 12 years old. The rubber bands holding the arms on rotted, but outherwise he's in fine condition, including working jaws, original spines and dome. Wouldn't part with him for the world :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back