DeLorean to go back into production

This is a super niche market for collectors of the vehicle. Attempting to go into even light mass production is folly. Are there really 365 collectors with that kind of money every year....doubtful.....the article is a puff piece at best to build interest for the niche.

Good luck:lol

Back in my parents town there is a guy who has a delorian. He use to take it out once a year to the last party of the year at the golf country club.

Delorean revived...

It was my understanding that thecompany was always around....but they offered services by refurbishing the remaining older cars.

now they are making brand new ones that could cost up to $100,000's? at least that was the quote I remember reading in one of the articles.

If the price wasn't so much, I wonder how many new time machines we might see popping up on the fan market?

One of the reasons I chose a KITT to start with and officially put an end to my prop making career...was because out of the Delorean and Ecto 1, it looked like the simplest of the cars to do. you could also do all the work on it without even PURCHASING the car at all. not so much with the ecto 1 or Delorean.

I'm curious just how much more work is involved in making the time machine. With Kitt, you basically have to just assemble pre bought parts.

Yes it will be a bit costly but it will be good knowing that you will be seeing a few more of these around and after a few years may be a bit cheaper to get second hand once a few hundred have been made. It was once just a dream looking at the prices for a second hand one hey let's see what the future brings lol

Resellers will most likely take advantage of there only being 300 made and hike the price up even more. Poor decision from DMC. Doesn't seem like a good thing for fans and just about getting more money. The new car will probably be updated for 2016 in the interior making to price seem understandable when they could have just made slight adjustments so it doesn't seem too dated, but they will most likely go all the way to make the price high.

Re: Delorean revived...

It was my understanding that thecompany was always around....but they offered services by refurbishing the remaining older cars.

now they are making brand new ones that could cost up to $100,000's? at least that was the quote I remember reading in one of the articles.

If the price wasn't so much, I wonder how many new time machines we might see popping up on the fan market?

One of the reasons I chose a KITT to start with and officially put an end to my prop making career...was because out of the Delorean and Ecto 1, it looked like the simplest of the cars to do. you could also do all the work on it without even PURCHASING the car at all. not so much with the ecto 1 or Delorean.

I'm curious just how much more work is involved in making the time machine. With Kitt, you basically have to just assemble pre bought parts.
I think you are spot on, there was a YouTube clip of them testing one of their cars , while I think they are making them more reliable , I would have loved to see them put something in it thatcould over come the stainless steel body , especially since they are based in the U.S , I would love to have one of these with a V8 , rear wheel drive and full leather interior .
The original couldn't even do 88 mph , it deserves a proper investment .

and I found more confusion , here is two clips three years apart with the same promise they can supply a better DeLorean, I think Yaris is correct , production is folly
Here is the clip I had seen before , their alteration didn't seem to add anything to the car.
http://youtu.be/iFEqClpt5ck

you also had your equivalent that you can pick up more affordable and it could do 110mph yeehaw
image.jpeg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back