The Order 1886 Arc Gun

LandstalkerProp

A.jpg

Hey. Martyn from Landstalker Props here.
This is the Arc Gun from the PS4 game The Order 1886. Having built the grenade from the game I was asked to build this piece for a cosplayer in the US.
I used as much metal and wood as possible and the gun has a nice weight to it.
The stock, under grip and handle are beech and the side panels are beech vaneer glued onto curved plastic. The shoulder rest, top rail, trigger guard and the front eletrode rails are all aluminium. Copper strip was used to make the joiners on the electrodes and I tapped them so that they are actually bolted together. all of the cylindrical sections in the middle are resin. I poured resin into various sized cardboard formers and lathed each one to the required shape. These are all mounted on a threaded bar which runs through their centres and into the stock.
Plastic test tubes were used to make the valves and each has a twisted brass filament inside. The cables are old style, fabric covered ones but only the thicker ones were bought. The thinner ones are actually shoelaces with a piece of wire threaded down the length.
I picked up many new ideas, techniques and skills on this build and I am really pleased with the finished result.

C.jpg
D.jpg
E.jpg
M.jpg
S.jpg
ZF.jpg
U.jpg
T.jpg
ZM.jpg

I dont know the gun and I dont know the game. But I do know good work. Im sure the customer was happy as a kid on Christmas day.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back