1/48 B-Wing Scratch Build

Well, time has come. I am uploading my (mostly) complete drawings which are good enough for me to do the work. They lack many details such as the primary weapons pod fitments, panel details, various openings, etc. However, if you are scratchbuilding a B-Wing, you'll need to use all the wonderful photo images in any case to fill in any missing details. The value in these drawings is that the major shapes and proportions are present and as accurate as I can make them - which hopefully is of use to others with a similar interest. I composed my own "alighting gear" details which are not canon except in a roughly conceptual way ala' the Rebels animated series depictions of the B-Wing "prototype". Your mileage may vary...

Because of the size of the drawings and the limitation of my process (printing hardcopy from my old AutoCad then scanning to JPG), the drawings are four sheets split into two parts each, plus two detail enlargement sheets to clarify some of the finer details. In all cases I've included a scale ruler in the drawings to aid the modeler.

As always, I will appreciate any constructive criticism that helps with improving the drawings. As they stand, I know I can use them for my project but I lay no claim they are definitive by any measure.

Enjoy!

Regards, Robert

Attachments

• BWing_drawing001.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 395
  • BWing_drawing002.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 271
  • BWing_drawing003.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 236
  • BWing_drawing004.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 270
  • BWing_drawing006.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 183
  • BWing_drawing005.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 236
  • BWing_drawing007.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 195
  • BWing_drawing008.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 184
  • BWing_drawing_enlarged009.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 196
  • BWing_drawing_enlarged010.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 270
Last edited:
Great drawings Robert. Thanks for posting them for all to use.
The weapons pod at the end of the main wing has a shape that looks like something familiar, but was probably vacuformed. I keep seeing boat stern shapes in it (long counter canoe stern), but haven't been able to find anything that might be a suitable kit donor.........

Great drawings Robert. Thanks for posting them for all to use.
The weapons pod at the end of the main wing has a shape that looks like something familiar, but was probably vacuformed. I keep seeing boat stern shapes in it (long counter canoe stern), but haven't been able to find anything that might be a suitable kit donor.........
I racked my brain on that one, too. I thought it might have been the engine "bumps" from the supposed B-36 bomber wing possibly used for the primary wing. However, I haven't been able to confirm that was the case... perhaps the shape was inspired by just that feature.
Regards, Robert

Yes, sir! Right with you. Just make allowance for the version I sent you being my original drafts, obviously less accurate than the model and so not an exact match-up. And please, feel free to drop the link to your thread here!
Regards, Robert

Thanks from me also for the file Robert, I've 3d printed and roughly glued the triple strut (cockpit end) gear but need to reduce my size a bit. Hope you don't mind me including a pic of what your drawing got me so far

20190404_221802[587].jpg

Cheers Ed

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back