NEW Blade Runner "Tyrell" Shirt by Magnoli Clothiers: FINISHED!

Indy Magnoli

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Project is complete! The shirt can be now ordered here: http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/tyrell-shirt-shirts-p-738.html

extra-image-1952.jpg

extra-image-1953.jpg

extra-image-1954.jpg

--------ORIGINAL POST BELOW------------

After being hounded for years to produce this shirt, we've finally figured out a practical way of reproducing it. Like the original, it'll be made of three main components: a red cotton, turquoise cotton and printed piping. The piping will be done in three sections (though I believe the original was only in two, but for sake of practicality, we'll be doing three). Here is a photo of the original shirt with our current designs for each of the three sections:

Tyrell-Shirt-designs_zpsdfthbpxu.jpg

Please have a good look at this and let me know if you think the design needs any tweaking before we start the printing. I made the colors a bit more bold as printing tends to look more faded than the digital originals.

The only inaccuracy to the original shirt will be the additional horizontal seam where there horizontal chest piping meets the vertical piping of the front placket. The original seems to be all one piece, but to print large sections like this would increase the pricing dramatically.

We won't have a confirmed price until the prototype is finished, but we're really hoping to keep these in the range of $125 (shipped). They'll be completely made-to-measure.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Last edited:
Re: NEW Blade Runner "Tyrell" Shirt by Magnoli Clothiers WIP : Help Needed

Actually, I think there may be a thin line of royal blue dotted with black just above the broad pink horizontal stripe. I have marked my 'maybe' areas with gray arrows.

Attachments

• stripes.jpg
    stripes.jpg
    909.9 KB · Views: 343

Ok guys... this is probably going to be a one-time printing of these strips, so I want to make sure we get them right. Mike J., I think you're right about a single row of black dots on the dark blue part... I'll incorporate that into our design. Anything else guys?

Last edited by a moderator:

Some of the promo stills show an awfully high saturation of the colors, compared to this 'current' image from the auction.

Are there any good reference shots of the shirt, during or just after filming, with good lighting, that can help us approximate the original fabric colors?

-MJ

Attachments

• brgun_19_1-A.jpg
    brgun_19_1-A.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 430
  • deckard_boiled-A.jpg
    deckard_boiled-A.jpg
    655.8 KB · Views: 445
  • shirt-again-A.jpg
    shirt-again-A.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 408
  • brgun_16_1-A.jpg
    brgun_16_1-A.jpg
    285.9 KB · Views: 341
  • Harrison Ford d 40-A.jpg
    Harrison Ford d 40-A.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 374

I was just wondering if / when anyone was working on this shirt. Looks like I showed up here in the nick of time. Thanks Magnoli!

Looks good from here, this will definitely be a must buy. Great work as always :thumbsup

thats some eagle eyes there Mike J.

Yes, still working on this project. We're just working out the best way of doing this price-wise.

It's about time this shirt got the attention it deserves!;)

Any pics on what the back will look like? I've only ever seen it once and it was on some Blade Runner bonus feature and someone had it in their collection (was it Frank Darabont?).

The back looks like this.

Attachments

• 6260_2.jpg
    6260_2.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 362

That's not at all what I would have expected the back to look like. The things I learn when I'm not careful.

Waiting on the piping samples to be finished.

We've talked to a couple of factories and the minimum order is HUGE, so the capital needed to start this project is high. So... how many of you guys are seriously interested in this shirt at a price point of around $185 (shipped)? If we can get 20-30 guys on board, we'll go forward.

Otherwise, I'll look into doing the piping as small runs via spoonflower. I don't think the end result will be as good, but then they'll be no minimum order involved.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back