1966 tv Batmobile 1/6th scale

Okay, I've decided a long time ago during the build that the car would be put up for auction. Well I went on and did just that. Its a bit pricey but I don't really want to sell it and for the reason of such a price. I would like to collect it I have many batmobiles hand made as well and some I have bought when I got the car it was a bit pricey for me, I watched the car for a while and looked a all the modifications I needed to make the car rite and I am happy with it at this point and if it doesn't sell I will keep it and finish the vac job and post the progress then keep it for my collection and hand it down to my grandsons when they are old enough. I do love this batmobile but there are many other model adventures awaiting I am getting all the odd and end parts to start building my avatar complete with Led lighting which will be a whole new thread started. I will keep updates on the process of what happens to this build or sale. Thanks to every ones kind comments and to the followers of this thread. Thanks............Jim

Let us know the build for avatar , I'd like to keep up with it, sorry to hear you cannot keep it, what was this batmobile shell based from , was it your own or a released kit/toy

I think the car was a toy but it came in parts, as you can see in the build the seats where moved back about 2 inches, then all the other things done to it as you have followed, the whole front was made rite cause it was flat across and I put the head light covers on it as it should have been. I will let every one know on this thread about the out come of what happens. Then when I start the Men in Black avatar I will let every one know here. about the name of the build thread. Thanks Vac Thanks......Jim

Okay update, well the batmobile didn't sell so I am kinda glad, so I will be finishing the build. I still need to build a vac table or buy a pre built one which I have to budget in to do so. really this is all the build needs to be finished. I am thinking on this chrome trim that goes on cars, I think you can get this in a small size this would look cool around the wind shields once done. Also still gathering parts for the avatar build this will be a new thread I will let everyone know the name of the thread once I start which is getting close. This is going to be a cool build. Yep this will be a cool car that will be added to my collection. Ill post some pics of it awaiting in my collection room here in the next day or so. I am really glad to be able to finish this car after all. so as said stay tuned same bat time same bat channel more to come. Thanks....Jim

Picture 834.jpgPicture 835.jpgPicture 836.jpgPicture 837.jpgPicture 838.jpgOkay here's a pic of the batmobile in my collecting room and a few pics of my room as well. enjoy. Thanks....Jim

Last edited:
Thanks, many years on some things I didn't even show my life size dead alien laying on the floor, I could do that. my big foot print of a big foot. Lol the stuff I got man, lots of dusting. Thanks ....Jim

Well been busy with lots of projects , Kinda been studying the avatar and have some pics of some test which I will show here before starting the thread okay the batmobile still sets waiting to be completed which I need to do still many projects happening like the endo full size which has been on and off on again I do Thank All Very Much for following this thread which will finish lots of vac forming needs to be done on many of the projects I have going so Just want to wish everyone a very marry Christmas and here's a test sculpt of a little guy thats soon comingPicture 931.jpg Thanks....Jim

Okay, Guys I would like to first off Thank everyone who has followed this build, I have enjoyed every bit of it and have been happy to share with you. Well now for the news I have sold the car and finished it before I could get pics of it the buyer wanted it right away so one very Happy Bat fan. I have been working on the avatar concepts along with so many other projects I will be starting my avatar build coming soon and be posting a thread of the build as well Thanks Vac for all your support during the build Now I want another one of these cars they are very hard to find but been looking THANKS TO ALL ......Jim

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back