1966 tv Batmobile 1/6th scale

Great build OP!
In my local hobby shop yesterday and saw a really old one of these(judging by the packaging) but it was about €60?
love to build it if it weren't so pricey.

That sounds cool, I was looking for another one of these cars if you found one better grab it because I've had no luck at all. Thanks for your kind words. Okay I wasn't getting anywhere with research on the hinge so I went on and took my 1/18th batmobile apart and you know we are all modelers and builders on here and I got to thinking if I'm the modeler I am time to step up and be that so the hinge thing really is simple so here's some pics of this and after testing it out it works perfectly Picture 471.jpg this is what they call a dog leg hinge I haven't installed it yet my epoxy glue is all out Picture 472.jpgPicture 473.jpgPicture 474.jpg stay tuned same bat channel same bat time Thanks...Jim

Thanks Vac this is cool I really thank you for your imput on this it has been a head ache but I am on the right track now still got to work the bugs but its happening now you no taking apart the 1/18th car wasn't hard at all and it helped with the build......Thanks....Jim

Done some more testing this is going to work, now I'm not to sure about mounting this in the pics posted above you see how I have it but still needs more testing. The screen shot you posted Vac is great I might need to cut my hinge a bit more but my stock is running low and I messed up my carving tool tool today the shaft was old anyway but I think I can use what I have already cut just make it a bit thinner. there really is no problem how its working like I said just got to work the bugs out and do more testing. More to come. Thanks........Jim

Okay, I cut and adjusted the hinge more to the photo shoot that Vac sent me, I still have more fitting and mounting test to do on this but as far as I can tell this is going to work out fine as said just have a bug or two to work out then it on to robins side.Picture.jpgMore to come stay tuned. Thanks....Jim

Thanks very much Abelugo, check out Fiberglass Freaks.com best replica batmobile going I think, Well been working on the hinge mounting inside the car haven't glued anything up yet as I'm still testing making sure everything is going to mesh up smoothly Ill post some pics soon on this part of the build. Stay Tuned same bat time same bat channel. Thanks.......Jim

Okay, Been busy making the hinge mounts I am testing two types I've made also got robins side of the car all done as far as the kick panel here's the progress.Picture 475.jpgPicture 476.jpgPicture 477.jpgPicture 478.jpgPicture 478.jpgPicture 478.jpgPicture 479.jpgPicture 480.jpgPicture 482.jpgPicture 483.jpgPicture 485.jpgPicture 484.jpg alright more to come. Thanks......Jim Sorry for multi pics my mouse is real touchy

Last edited:
Okay, as I wait to get a new shaft, I start some detail parts that will come later like the kick panels but I am per building as I'm building. All testing is complete the door system works with out flaw. I have to have my shaft to finish the doors can't do them mounted to the car. I will add the kick panels when I put the carpet in "O yes" there will be carpet in this car. I got a lot of sanding to do before that so here a few goofing around picsPicture 487.jpg this is the foil tape I've talked about any questions just ask.Picture 488.jpgPicture 489.jpgPicture 488.jpg Thanks.....Jim

Holy Cow Batman Floor Mats, Yep been messing around today and made some floor mats also put the nozzle on the fire ext. also some pics of some of the hinge research that failed, these and all parts are hand made and painted as you can see the bats being painted.Picture 491.jpgPicture 493.jpgPicture 494.jpgPicture 495.jpgPicture 496.jpgPicture 498.jpgPicture 499.jpgPicture 500.jpgPicture 501.jpgPicture 501.jpgPicture 492.jpg Dub. pics again sorry but here are some pics with the light bar set on and these hinge fails will be used on other builds. Thanks......Jim

Just rite after my last post and ran out to shop and did this here you goPicture 502.jpgPicture 502.jpg Damn mouse sorry Picture 503.jpgPicture 504.jpgPicture 505.jpgPicture 505.jpgPicture 505.jpg Sorry please fore give this mouse is driving me bonkers but I love this foil tapePicture 507.jpgPicture 508.jpg Picture 506.jpg Okay I have put in a full day in the shop so more to come with pics of this finished. Thanks........Jim

Okay, more messing around in the shop finished the rocket tubes then got busy sanding and Picture 515.jpgPicture 518.jpg primer and sand here's some pics enjoy.Picture 510.jpgPicture 511.jpg

Attachments

• Picture 513.jpg
    Picture 513.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 95
Okay doing some of the body work, and ordering ultra sabers three of um yep fore sure trying to get ready for wonderfest will be there all weekend I think if you go there you will see this Batmobile there yep for sure. I think I might enter it in the contest, don't know well see. three months away I think I can have it done by then. as said here's some pics lots of sanding. I'm using a primer from wallmart and stop'ed and picked up some at the doller store at its not to good so I have to get some from wallmart .here' the pics.Picture 519.jpgPicture 521.jpgPicture 522.jpgPicture 523.jpgPicture 524.jpgPicture 525.jpg stay tuned more to come. Thanks........Jim

Alrighty then been busy sanding and look what all I did.Picture 530.jpgPicture 531.jpgPicture 532.jpgPicture 533.jpgPicture 534.jpgPicture 535.jpgPicture 536.jpgPicture 539.jpgPicture 540.jpgPicture 541.jpgPicture 542.jpgPicture 543.jpgPicture 544.jpgPicture 546.jpg Well Batman's door now opens and closes with out no problems at all. More to come stay tuned. Thanks.........Jim

Oh, I backed out on the ultra sabers went with parks. They make cool light saber just ordered 4 of um. BUT look the doors are now going to be opening doors Batmans door is looking great no bugs to work out now, as far as Batmans door its done I made a support I will put it in in the morn. and close this inner door up with the cap part I made.Well stay tuned more to come. Thanks........Jim

Thanks, Vac for your support through this door project it took some thinking those photo shots helped a bunch. now some more filling and sanding and batmans door will be looking a lot better.Then off to robins side. lots to do, and more to come. Thanks.........Jim

Okay, got busy sanding and glazing added some cover up parts, working on getting the inner ring made that goes on the door this is batmans arm rest now it may seem a little tight but hot toys batman figure fits in there just right I have mesurements , I just don't want to bring the figures in this atm cause of my OCD thing about keeping them clean, so here'ssome pics of busy messing around.Picture 557.jpgPicture 558.jpg also animating the door opening.Picture 559.jpgPicture 560.jpgPicture 561.jpgPicture 562.jpgPicture 564.jpgPicture 565.jpgPicture 566.jpgPicture 567.jpgPicture 568.jpgWell stay tuned more to come. Thanks......Jim

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back