1966 tv Batmobile 1/6th scale

You know where I can find another one of these cars I have looked everywhere and have had no luck at all I stand back and kick myself for not cutting the doors on this car and make opening doors, this is why I hunt for another one but they are rare to find, but once I do this is what I will do make the doors open. I just got to far in the build to stop and cut them but as I wait on building my vac table I am tempted to cut them doors.

Here are a few detail pics of the inside Picture 182.jpgPicture 171.jpgPicture 189.jpgPicture 194.jpgPicture 188.jpgPicture 186.jpg

A few more inside pics Picture 289.jpgPicture 340.jpgPicture 341.jpg the one small part by the red shifter I made one other but wasn't happy with it so this is the one that passed

That's is simply outstanding !!! Very proud of what you have accomplished on this project...truly EPIC kermet....wow.....you have skills my friend

Thanks, Guy Ill be showing more of the body work pics but I really want another one of these cars Ill cut them door, I'm really to far to cut these doors but I am tempted......Thanks ......Jim

I should have done a lot of stuff on this car as I stand back and look at it should have lit it up with some leds also should have made it r/c if I find another look out it will be more ultimate I will go all out on it this car is only a static display model and its cool in its way but should have done more. ...Thanks......Jim

The car's front head light area didn't have the I guess you would call them cups over them so this is where I had to add flat plastic to get this ritePicture 062.jpgPicture 104.jpg a lot of putty work went down to get this rite when you cut or sand this car the stuff its made out of would fuzz up really bad and would be a whole other ordeal to have to fix I think the car is made out of some kind of plastic fiber vinyl and is real thick and heavy so this car has a lot of weight to it

There has been a bunch of sanding going on Picture 108.jpgPicture 120.jpgPicture 121.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Here is what I will do I'm going out to the shop and I will take a pic of the Mattel batmobile beside this car to show the difference in size

The fins on this car where all flat and did not have the bat cape look so this all had to be cut out so here is some pics of thatPicture 384.jpgPicture 385.jpg

I know my shop is a mess but I call it creative clutter here is what I'm working on atm fixing all the rigging on the parachutesPicture 389.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I will show more pics of this process of the build this rigging is being made with sparkler wire so on the 4th of July save all those sparkler wires

Hay, thanks yep for sure but i should have taken it all the way by lighting it up with leds and making it r/c and making the doors open, this stuff is so hard to work with in many ways but I am tempted, I just don't want to undo what I have already got done. I am on the hunt for another but I keep drawing blanks. I guess you can say I just got into it before I got to the point of thinking about the opening doors, but as said I am very tempted to do this. I have been looking down into the area that I have to cut and man it would be a mess, if I do this you guys will see as it happens. Thanks for your comment .......Thanks.......Jim

You know how tempted I am to cut the doors, I've been thinking about this I looked at my 1/18 scale batmobile and how the doors open and it will be a bit tricky, I think I can do it just trying to figure out how to hinge the thing it will have to be like the hot wheels batmobile that hinge looks like it slides in and out but it doesn't I dont know still thinking about this part but man this would be cool to make happen but there's a lot of stuff that will have to be redone if so.....Thanks.....Jim

Yep and Thanks Guy, I'm kinda afraid of the door thing but man I just think how cool it would look rite now where the build is would be now if I do it but the hinge deal is something, I've been studying and its one of those things that once you commit it is on, and getting it cut don't know how it will look inside of the car and this stuff its made out of is crazy hard to work with, there is still alot more body work to do as you can see in the pics mostly glazing the whole car to get it slick if you look where the bat ray is its still pretty rough, and the car is you might say is one of a kind. I'm going out to the shop in the morning to study this and work on the parachute rigging we shall see my friend. Thanks.....Jim

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back