trying to get in Touch with Cal Pierce , Moncal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little late to this thread, but have been through the same experiences as most people on here. The false completion dates, fake queueing system, usual BS.

I ordered a full snowtrooper set and various other bits, and waited for 18 months. Tried everything, asking for refunds, etc. only to be told, no refunds once the work had started.

Eventually got sick of waiting and simply said 'I'll be instructing my cc company to recover the money'.

Miraculously, all the gear was suddenly completed and shipped out to me within a week!

I'm not saying this would work again, but it solved my problem, and I received all the goods.

Could be worth a try, it seemed to scare them in to getting my goods to me.

:lol Like THATS gonna happen! :lol

One last attempt... :lol
I sent mods a message to read through this thread again and to make a decision on banning, as it has been almost two years that he has managed to slip through the cracks. So I thought showing that calling him to the thread still doesn't work, they will have no choice but to cut the deadbeat from this place. No need to have someone with such business practices lingering here.

We have a 236 response thread on the main 501st forums about MonCal's practices. Here is the advice I gave him 9 months ago when he poked his head in there to give the usual spiel. His only response was that they were changing the way they do things a bit, but from what I read here and on our forums, that doesn't actually seem to be the case:

Hi Cal,
I'm glad to see you checking the Legion forum again as everyone knows the quality of your goods is top of the line in the community.

However, can I ask you a question about your wait times? You have a queue that is one of the longest in the business. Since you know that is the case and you know how far behind you are, why don't you take these actions, which any other seller with a queue this long would have done?:

1. Don't take more orders until your backlog is caught up to a sane level (3-4 month wait time). Once you do that, only open ordering when you know you can complete your orders within that time. Woodchuck, for instance, doesn't take orders for 400 blasters and then take forever to make them. He opens a run and the people who get slots get their blasters.

2. Don't take full payments up front. If you know someone is going to wait 6 months or more (past paypal dispute limit), only take a deposit. Your product is well known enough that even if someone drops out of a run you could easily post it here or anywhere for sale and have your Dead merchandise eliminated.

3. Limit your ordering channels. Funnel everyone who orders from you to a single portal (website, Facebook page, etc). Where you control what goes in your queue and have much less checking to do. This could even allow you to close ordering when you are behind and instead put people on a waiting list so they don't pay until you are ready to create (see #1 and #2).

I think if you did all or even some of these things, it would help your customers be less frustrated.

I am in a big Garrison, and a big Squad in the 501st. And I never tell any recruits or members to go with Mon Cal, not after seeing all of the excuses. There is no excuse to take payment and then leave a customer hanging for a year. And the worst is that as far as I can see, it is extremely hard to get a refund out of them once you decide you don't want to wait the insane time. If they haven't started on your pieces, giving a refund should be no problem yet everyone I know who has tried to get a refund had to fight and scrape to get it, if they got it.

Last edited by a moderator:
At this point, that guy should just be banned. He's a source of frustration well before he's a source of props!

They can't and they won't send money back on demand since they're so caught up wih bavk orders that they inevitably use the money of the newcomers to fund the material of the backlog. That's what happens when you lose control of your client list.

The only proper communication I got from them is them asking me to close my PP dispute since the "package was sent" after tons of delays. Which I didn't. They complained it was blocking access to their funds.

Only after that dispute dis I get my order and I'll never do business with them again.

Well, although I was ignored on email and phone messages, my order did arrive one year from order date. Beautifully made items for my C3PO suit project. Feet, hands and shorts are perfect and will now be used to complete my figure. Cal even took the time to include a hand written note from him, Kathy and his team to say sorry for the delay and thanks for my patience. All things considered, I'm just happy to have the parts delivered. Hope Cal and his team can improve their production issues. They do make spectacular items.

Can't find his account, but he's not listed on the ban list either.

They don't update the ban list right away

They rarely update the list anymore. If lucky, they post one or two names from a long list of recent bans. They have stated here that they will no longer put every name on there nor guarantee they will keep the updates current.

EDIT:

To quote Montagar from another thread:

"The ban log has always been considered a courtesy, and not an official or complete record of all that has transpired regarding banned members. A banning from the RPF and the reasons for that banning are between that member and the RPF Staff (as are warnings and infractions) and are handled on an case by case basis. A "Banned" badge listed for a member, if they have any viewable posts, and that member no longer being able to participate in our community are the only official results of that process... a ban notice is not."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back