Lawgiver 2 day build in metal

Flyscriber

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Dredd, my main man was calling one day, as I've known him since 1977, (well in my twisted mind it feels like that), and he told me to make a lawgiver ish gun. I only had 2 days to play, I really wanted to make the gun from Dredd 3d, but thought I wouldn't be able to do it justice in 2 days, so I decided to make the Stallone version. I bought a logic 3 predator gun from a junk shop, as Ive seen a few conversions on this site and thought it was about the right look. I chopped all the top off, chopped the lower front section off and made a top rail from some 50mm square metal section steel. I chopped that again to make a rear end which looked about right. I used some more square metal sections to build the lower front onto it. I welded the support for the main gun barrel in place which screws off if needed. I connected the led lights to a nine volt battery using the circuit board supplied with the predator gun. The top sight is from some 4mm wide metal strip welded through hoes in the top so its nice and tough, details on the side are also metal. The butt was made from some 6mm steel I had laying about and done in 2 layers welded together and shaped with an angle grinder then sanded smooth.
This thing feels like a real gun, its heavy in the hand which I like a lot and is tough as old boots. Most of the weathering is from me placing it down whilst working on it so I didn't need to do much on the rest of it. I know its not exact, but it looks great on the wall. I found it a great way to meditate as I didn't feel the need to go super accurate on this. I am not the law !!! lawgiver.jpglawgiver1.jpglawgiver2.jpglawgiver4.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back