Milk and cookies kept you awake, eh, Sebastian: cockpit mockup

Vacformedhero

Sr Member
Firstly I may have tricked you here with the quote, but this ship has got under my skin and I had to see if I could build its cockpit , so here is an acetate mock up.
at this stage it's distracting me so I may try a build but put severe time limit on completing it .
image.jpeg
can you guess what ship it is ?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 102
looks like a moon buggy to me, cant remember where ive seen it though. Maybe it was 2001 or something. Not bladerunner surely ! I think it may have had long legs !!!! :)

I'd love it if it was the Blade Runner blimp! :)

Other than that... not a clue, unless it's an upside-down Blue Midget from Red Dwarf...

Lol, sorry everyone I'm drawing up plans , end view is done as soon as plan and elevation is done I'll scratch the cab

small clue , film released last year

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
Here are the references from TFA incredible cross-sections (which has great diagrams )
i used acetate and markers to isolate key features of the cockpit and engines to start my drawings .
i think 1:48 scale might me the best . Going 1:24 scale might be a tad big, cockpit and body are fine , but engines are big .
i love tugs for their power to size so seeing this I was enamoured, especially as these were used in orbital transfer yards , means their is a lot of them , and we may see more in the future .

Just some drawings , nothing I would share, I'm finding I get real enthusiasm at the research side of a project , but getting the models out is another thing entirely , I'll let everyone know as it progresses

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back