Looking for DIY Stormtrooper Parts

1zzy

I was wondering if there are any sources for replacement parts, specifically foam brow, lenses and chrome tape for TD? I am looking for a store I can walk into and pick stuff up - like a Home Depot or Lowes.

I know the lenses can be made from a replacement tinted welding visor but I can find one and figured I am just looking for the wrong thing. Also, I saw some foam molding walking through a HD with the wife but didn't stop to look to see if there was something that matches. The TD didn't come with the chrome tape either, is there something I can use and what dimensions does it need to be? I assume I could use aluminum tape but I am not sure it will look right.

So is there anything that does or am I stuck with getting it through some one online?

Thanks.
Scott S.

Check the auto parts stores. The O'Reily's in my town had some of the brow trim material when I screwed up the original brow trim & needed replacement. They had a big section of weather strip/door trim of various sizes and I think it was actually labeled as 'trunk weather strip seal'. Careful though, because when I got mine 90% of the packages were the 'hollow' type. I had to root to find the solid type. They'll probably have the chrome tape too, but I've only seen most auto parts stores & Lowes/Home Depot carry clear full face safety shields.... I doubt they'll have the tinted ones, so you'll still probably have to find a welding supply store for the tinted face shield.

Also check with the auto body, local car/truck customizing, & hotrod supply shops about the trim if Autozone, O'Reily's, PepBoys, etc doesn't pan out. They more than likely have the catalogs on hand & can order it in from their suppliers/distributor if they don't have a selection on hand.

I tried both Ace Hardware and a Home Depot with no luck. If anyone happens to come across some of this and can help me out, please let me know. Thanks!

Scott S.

Check the auto parts stores. The O'Reily's in my town had some of the brow trim material when I screwed up the original brow trim & needed replacement. They had a big section of weather strip/door trim of various sizes and I think it was actually labeled as 'trunk weather strip seal'. Careful though, because when I got mine 90% of the packages were the 'hollow' type. I had to root to find the solid type. They'll probably have the chrome tape too, but I've only seen most auto parts stores & Lowes/Home Depot carry clear full face safety shields.... I doubt they'll have the tinted ones, so you'll still probably have to find a welding supply store for the tinted face shield.

Also check with the auto body, local car/truck customizing, & hotrod supply shops about the trim if Autozone, O'Reily's, PepBoys, etc doesn't pan out. They more than likely have the catalogs on hand & can order it in from their suppliers/distributor if they don't have a selection on hand.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back