ANH Vader!!! Lots of Star Wars screen used props (and others Sci Fi movies)

Re: Lots of Star Wars screen used props (and others Sci Fi movies)

After the long lost AT-AT Driver helmet being found, this is fantastic news about the ANH Vader helmet. It's also cool to see the other awesome SW props and non-SW ones too.
Wait they found the stolen AT-AT driver helmet? Also it is great about the vader mask. It does need a good restoration though. Noticed it is missing the tusks, etc. I know a lot of people would say leave it alone, but eventually it will need to good looking over to preserve it at least.

EDIT: Maybe this should be stickied? Great find.

Last edited:
A restoration would be a big no no. It won't happen. And it's fibreglass so it won't need one to preserve it. Just needs to be well looked after.

Ben

Wait they found the stolen AT-AT driver helmet? Also it is great about the vader mask. It does need a good restoration though. Noticed it is missing the tusks, etc. I know a lot of people would say leave it alone, but eventually it will need to good looking over to preserve it at least.

EDIT: Maybe this should be stickied? Great find.

Yeah, here is the info about the long lost AT-AT Driver helmet: http://www.propstore.com/blog/top-5...-prop-store-ceo-stephens-personal-collection/

Oh, i see a C-Scar on Vaders cheek....

When you see the video and in the stills it actually looks like a full circle dent on the faceplate - with one side deeper with more paint damage - hence the C shape look.

It looks almost like he has been hit right on the cheek with the end of a blade of a lightsaber???

It is absolutely obvious that the neck is definitely extended for ESB.

vaderside1_zpsiibma9iw.jpg

I am sure there will still be people on to argue it is actually a paint swoosh and the neck isn't extended though.

I know for sure i have seen a short clip in which you see Alec fighting with Dave and you can see how his lightsaber hits the ANH face mask. I think thats exactly the moment of the birth of the C-Scar.....its 100% a physical damage and not just painted on as some so called experts want to tell us since years.

The thing I don't get is that this thing has been in hiding for so long and sooo sort after by many and it finally turns up and people are hardly making any noise. It's like I said ages ago. People are more excited about the new pep file or foam build than something with truely awesome history. We are a dying breed and it makes me sad. What also makes me sad is that most of these props end up in some rich ..........um persons collection and never be seen buy us not so fortunate fans. I have a feeling this is all we will see of it unless it sells sometime.If I ever win lotto I promise I'll buy as many props as I can and open them up to all interested instead of just hoarding them.

Ben

The thing I don't get is that this thing has been in hiding for so long and sooo sort after by many and it finally turns up and people are hardly making any noise. It's like I said ages ago. People are more excited about the new pep file or foam build than something with truely awesome history. We are a dying breed and it makes me sad. What also makes me sad is that most of these props end up in some rich ..........um persons collection and never be seen buy us not so fortunate fans. I have a feeling this is all we will see of it unless it sells sometime.If I ever win lotto I promise I'll buy as many props as I can and open them up to all interested instead of just hoarding them.

Ben

Agreed on all.

I really don't understand not shareing these things in detail. If it were mine i'd document it more than one photo in a book.

- - - Updated - - -

I know for sure i have seen a short clip in which you see Alec fighting with Dave and you can see how his lightsaber hits the ANH face mask. I think thats exactly the moment of the birth of the C-Scar.....its 100% a physical damage and not just painted on as some so called experts want to tell us since years.

Fist up: preach it brother.

Last edited:
I usually travel to Europe once a year or so, as the wife's European and I have personal business in Sweden, with layovers in France.

Bet yer ass I'm going to spend a day here and get better photos for everybody. Missing all this time, and it turns out a Lucasfilm director in France had it??

I can see how this could happen, but not how anybody at LF didn't know..as many people have been looking for this, how is it this was NOT known at Lucasfilm HQ?
That's my burning question.

Serious amount of iconic props and nobody knew?
With everyone trying to find them?

Apparently, the real ark of the covenant does exist then. And aliens. Probably the money pit on Oak Island as well. That's about the epic size and scope of this guys stash. Unreal.

Last edited:

Wow this has got to be the single most important and awesome Star Wars find ever. I'm speechless and nobody is commenting. That's the f$&@ing Vader ANH ORIGINAL mask people. It doesn't get any cooler!!!!!

I respectfully disagree...

The discovery/recovery of the original Death Star model in BFE Missouri trumps this. While each helmet was unique unto themselves, there were in fact many made over the course of the trilogy, while there was only one original ANH Death Star model made.

- - - Updated - - -

Missing all this time, and it turns out a Lucasfilm director in France had it??

I can see how this could happen, but not how anybody at LF didn't know..as many people have been looking for this, how is it this was NOT known at Lucasfilm HQ?
That's my burning question.

Don't lose sight of the fact that Lucasfilm lost (or lost interest in) the original Death Star model (a model that is easily worth over seven figures), and no one knew (and not sure anyone cared or was looking) until it was stumbled upon by a couple of fans in the Ozarks area of Missouri...

Weird **** can and does happen...

Last edited:
I'll admit that the original ANH Vader helmet is VERY cool...

But the guy also has one of the 8 ESB era R2's built by Tony Dyson!!! And it looks practically new! That's some CRAZY stuff right there!!!

I'm completely stunned at the magnitude of that collection...

Jason

What also makes me sad is that most of these props end up in some rich ..........um persons collection and never be seen buy us not so fortunate fans. I have a feeling this is all we will see of it unless it sells sometime.If I ever win lotto I promise I'll buy as many props as I can and open them up to all interested instead of just hoarding them.

Many, if not the majority, of the high end Star Wars props end up in a handful of collections. Most of these collectors (specifically all of the collections referenced in this thread) have shown their pieces in public from time to time. We're actually very lucky that most of the big Star Wars prop collectors are open about what they have and loan pieces to exhibits and museums. I'm not convinced that if these pieces were owned by a different set of collectors that they would behave any more altruistic with public access than the folks referenced here.

Gus

Many, if not the majority, of the high end Star Wars props end up in a handful of collections. Most of these collectors (specifically all of the collections referenced in this thread) have shown their pieces in public from time to time. We're actually very lucky that most of the big Star Wars prop collectors are open about what they have and loan pieces to exhibits and museums. I'm not convinced that if these pieces were owned by a different set of collectors that they would behave any more altruistic with public access than the folks referenced here.

Gus

This is the book I want to make and do the photography for.

**** the bed, he has R5D4

How much Star Wars is in the book? Might pick it up, but it is a little pricey to ship to me and I can't read French.

Gus

Rock on...!

I agree this is massive news, I've checked out all the links and this collection is just outstanding.
The reason this thread hasn't been popular is simple.
Day to day I hardly ever stray from my go to threads and I'm sure this is the same for most of us. It needs its own thread in Star Wars props :)
Vader lives.

looks that also have the c scar, first photo tantive iv scene , second french original a new hope mask , third image tm mask, all run throught 3d program to get more detail contrast makes me wonder looks real to me evidence2.jpgevidence01.jpgevidence3.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back