Kylo Ren Voice Changer

hbw60

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Sorry if this is a repeat, but I haven't seen it posted anywhere.

I've been thinking about how to do a voice changer in a Kylo Ren helmet. After seeing a Black Series helmet in action, I realized that no electronic voice changer will work properly. The problem is that Kylo's helmet is so open. Compared to a large Vader helmet, Kylo's doesn't have a lot of space, and his hair/neck are open at the bottom. So no matter how good the voice changer is, you can still hear the normal voice underneath with a slight delay.

So what about an analog setup? Rather than recording your voice and playing it into a speaker, is there a good way to build something that would alter the voice at the source, like speaking through a sinister kazoo? Something that would sound modulated, but without any electronics.

iPhone 4 or 4s with iOS 7, Rode Smartlav+ microphone, FiiO L9 adapter, and an Aker amp. Run RoboVox or Voice Synth Pro apps for voice changing. I think this is what everyone will be doing. Credit to Sni9er for this setup. Also join Knights of Ren on Facebook, lots of info there too.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back