Atomic City Pan Am Space Clipper Modifications

cirrusx1

Hi,
im working on this recently purchased model which is spectacular. That said, there are a few areas that are soft, IMO and have the potential for improvement. So, I took my recently acquired new skills of 3D modeling and have attempted to create some new parts to fix and upgrade this kit. I've built them in 123D design, on an iPad Pro. I'm hooked! As a traditional modeller for 40 something years who appreciates the craft of this hobby, this is so rewarding as it alleviates my frustration with the time invested and amount of accuracy and detail you fail to get. My improvement piece is the rear scoop vents. They are more accurately rendered, scaled and positioned. I also engineered this as a two piece key, that will more easily attach the two fuselage pieces together and allow a way to access the interior when finished.
speaking of interior, I've attempted to render a kit that will go inside this model. Here is the progress on that too. If it's cost effective, I may offer these up as kits. Not sure yet on this. Pretty exited on the outcome as I am less than a week of experience in the whole 3D digital realm.
. image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

thoughts?
comments?

Last edited:
Beautiful...I saw the Orion on Atomic City website and I'm impressed by the size and the details. You're pushing it further (interior seating and maybe a cockpit).
This model would be great besides my 2001 Space Station:cool

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back