Accurate Kylo Ren Costume?

It seems like they only did them as a one off. Do they have pricing somewhere? Maybe I overlooked it. I'm hoping to keep it under $200, but I'm starting to think I might be better off making it myself to keep it in that range.

Some of the sellers on ebay seem to be doing OK work. It's always a gamble there, but some of them look surprisingly good for the price range.

- - - Updated - - -

However, I will say that after doing a bit of research, I've also decided to make mine rather than buying it. With the heavy weave of the fabric, it should hide the flaws.

I like the Costume Base tunic, but the outer coat seems too shiny, or cheap, or something. I wonder if it'd be possible just to buy the inner tunic, and then sew the coat. The tunic seems to be the hardest part to make, with all those pleats.

Depending on what your budget/endgoal is (ie fun vs. 501st) I'm quite happy with the updated one I received from Xcoser, check them out

I bought the x coser under tunic and the costume base, a little more pricey, but the size of the pleats on the sleeves from xcoser are slightly more screen accurate I think. The xcoser tunic is also fully pleated whereas from what I've gather costume base only pleats the sleeves. Either site has a great full costume if you are just doing cosplay ( c can't believe I said " just" doing cosplay).

No commercially made costume is accurate in the least. The xcoser pleated tunic is just about the only good piece, but you'll need to have the collar removed and get the sleeves tailored to you. Add extra length to the sleeves as well so they sit properly.

Depends how accurate you want to make it. I ordered just the under tunic. They run small so get a size or two bigger. I originally ordered a medium. I was well with in the measurements on the table. They exchanged it for a large no problem.as far as the under tunic
1. Remove collar
2. Sleeves should be recessed
3. Sleeves should be form fitting. Length should be to base of thumb.
4. Sleeves should have hidden zippers with piping
5. The seams should be piped with the exception of the bottom.
6. Quality is good over all

As far as the outer tunic
1 the fabric is off
2 the hood is too small
3 the belt is cheaply done.
They have been making changes based off people's input. I believe they are on V3 right now. I am sure more people can help as I am still researching his tunics myself.

care to elaborate as to what parts are not? cheers

I cant figure out if I want to get the xcoser one or costumebase. I hear xcoser doesnt work well with the black series helmet and ive heard the same about the costumebase version as well.

I cant figure out if I want to get the xcoser one or costumebase. I hear xcoser doesnt work well with the black series helmet and ive heard the same about the costumebase version as well.

then what helmet will it work with>? I believe annovos and bs are the same dimensions?

I can confirm that the costume base costume does work with the black series helmet. The hood of the xcoser outer tunic is a bit on the small side.

Also this could be interesting for you:
[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=db-eWJ1ZeCA[/video]

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back