Silent Running drone – First scratch build (COMPLETED)

Re: Silent Running drone –*First scratch build (wish me luck)!

Sorry I'm a bit late with this info, but for the record, the original Dewey was apparently sprayed with car paint - Ford Bermuda/Light Blue, available from Halfords here in the UK. I have a can next to me as I type this, and the colour you've come up with is very close indeed. That's definitely Dewey!

Re: Silent Running drone – First scratch build (wish me luck)!

Fantastic work on your Dewey project! You make scratch building look much easier than it is. What a great choice for projects!

This is really cool. Well done!!

Sometimes people feel an Airbrush is some sort of boogie man that is hard to use. I don't really know since I've been using one for decades. First time I painted a large surface with a brush, it came out so bad and disgusted me so much that I knew I had to get one. I never used a rattle can on models because of the lack of flow control and spray pattern.

Can't wait to see this completed. :)

Man, those air cans were the worst. Nothing like watching the paint start to spit out and ruin a paint job because the can is freezing over and losing pressure. Once I got a compressor going, even the siphon feed was a joy to work with.

I have several airbrushes now, both siphon and gravity fed, single and multi-action. I use the gravity feed for smaller paint work and the siphon feed for anything where I need to cover a larger area.

Enjoy it! :)

I know the feeling I have 2 projects on the go that have virtually stopped because of work taking over and now I've found out I might be going abroad for a year. still they will be here when I get back. Love your work and the photographic documenting of the progress. Its always so interesting to see how something is made.

Wow. This really looks fantastic. Its a shame you couldn't produce or cast your prototype into a kit. I would jump on it. Really nice work!

This is a great looking model! Excellent work. The finish looks pro both in terms of build quality and paint app! Well done.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back