Doctor Who Visual Dictionary - Scans!

Coz

Sr Member
This kinda sneaked past my radar! Spotted it on my lunchbreak.
DW-VDcover.jpg

Some good prop pics - you really don't get a lot of beauty shots of 'em on the show, sadly.

Finally, a nice big shot of the sonic:
DW-VDSonic1.jpg

Anybody gonna lathe this yet? :)
Kinda hard to tell with the scan, but it looks as tho the clear section is acrylic rod drilled out for the wire.

Judoon blaster & gear:
DW-VDJudoongear.jpg

The anti-Cyber / Dalek BFG from Doomsday:
DW-VDDoomsdayBFG.jpg

If the pics don't give it away, its a DK book, like the Star Wars ones, only thinner. 72 pages - a few too many screengrabs, and mainly focusing on Season 2 and the first couple of eps of Season 3.

RRP of £12.00 UK pounds, so probably around 25 bucks or so.
A fun book, but I would've preferred more prop pics (like the SW ones).

One to have a look through in the store before you buy.

C.

Last edited:
Nope - the bolt gun isn't in the book! Tho there is a blaster that uses the same lightgun as the base.
They call it a Freedom Fighter Gun, so it must've been in one of the Cyberman episodes, or the Season 2 finale.
I'm away from my scaner at the mo, but can post a pic later.

C.

VERY cool! Any other pictures of the Sonic Screwdriver? I notice that they chopped off the slider button...dang croppers....

Nope, every pic of the sonic seems to be chosen because it doesn't show the button! Or the flathead screw on the side. :)

There is, however, a cool cutaway pic - BUT it's not a model. And seems to contradict the original design idea (i.e. the tilting head, and that it plugged into the TARDIS console to recharge).

C.

Finally, a nice big shot of the sonic:
DW-VDSonic1.jpg

Anybody gonna lathe this yet? :)
Kinda hard to tell with the scan, but it looks as tho the clear section is acrylic rod drilled out for the wire.

If anyone was thinking of making a new series Sonic Screwdriver out of metal, that is the picture right there that some one would need to do it. So why hasn't someone made one yet?
I really want a metal sonic screwdriver. I wish I had a good metal shop here in NC and I would have one made for myself.

Theres a flat head screw on the side?

Would be cool to see that cutaway though if you would not mind scanning and posting.

One cutaway, as requested. :)
Apologies to dial-up users for the size (this is at 35% of the original scanned size!).
Pic was spread over two pages, so I had to join them at the clear section.
Punched up the colour a tad for clarity.

DW-VDCutawaySonic1.jpg

Edit: Photobucket shrunk the pic - here's Imageshack:

Yes, there is a flat head screw on the main body of the sonic, just below the metal cap where the clear sectionslides out. I think it actually holds that cap on.

Hope ya don't mind, Kylash, but I'm gonna repost your pic here:
sonicscrew_ref.jpg

Third pic - you can see the screw quite clearly.

This is already available here in the UK (from May 3rd). May take a little longer to reach the US. ISBN 978-1-40531-867-9

C.

Last edited:
Part of the neck strap on the parallel world transporter looks like the shoulder sling from a lunch bag I have at home...only shortened.

One cutaway, as requested. :)
This is already available here in the UK (from May 3rd). May take a little longer to reach the US. ISBN 978-1-40531-867-9

C.

Distance from the UK won't change their date of release here. DK ships out of Indiana. I worked in the front offices of the facility for years. Things like this make me wish I still did. I could have purchased it for a dollar at the next employee book sale.

Well, this is annoying - it's not on Amazon.com but it is on Amazon.co.uk but they're saying it'll be 4 to 6 weeks before they have copies to ship.

B&N's website says it comes out this month but they're out of stock on it already.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back