Disneyland Medal of Yavin replica

razorsharp192

Sr Member
Hi all

I've done a search and can't see that anyone has mentioned this before, but has anyone seen the full size medal of Yavin's that are Disneyland exclusives? They're 18 carat gold plated and to be look identical to the old MR ones. If you haven't seen one, here's mine which arrived today ($59.99). The whole thing including the packaging feels very much like an MR product, the box is comes in is really good quality, nice leather (probably faux leather/vinyl) on the outside with the rebel logo imprinted on it, and the inside is like velvet with a "socket" in it for the medal to sit in and a metal plaque. Really pleased with it, well worth $60.

I have one too! I was at Disneyland for the opening week of Seasons of the Force and picked one up. I agree, totally worth the $60.

IMG_7290.jpg

It looks like the medal that came with the Museum Replicas Luke ANH yellow jacket. It's basically an exact copy/bootleg of the MR medal, but made in a different Chinese factory.

It's a little thinner, and lighter, and the strap is just a nylon webbing, but it looks the part.

It looks like the medal that came with the Museum Replicas Luke ANH yellow jacket. It's basically an exact copy/bootleg of the MR medal, but made in a different Chinese factory.

It's a little thinner, and lighter, and the strap is just a nylon webbing, but it looks the part.

how thick and heavy is the MR version? Just measured this one and it's 7mm thick and it's fairly weighty too (I was surprised how heavy it is).

I'd doubt this is made of resin, it's too heavy to be resin.

I'd guess this is made by EFX due to the packaging being the same as what they use on their helmets

The packaging looks much like the graphics and packaging for that of Museum Replica's costume items. If an actual licensor was involved, I believe it would be on the packaging such how Anovos's name is on the Imperial Officer buckle currently being sold at Disney Park. This medal and the Imperial hat also being sold at the parks might be a rehash of the MuRep items except now without their involvement.

Last edited:
how thick and heavy is the MR version? Just measured this one and it's 7mm thick and it's fairly weighty too (I was surprised how heavy it is).

I'd doubt this is made of resin, it's too heavy to be resin.

I don't know how thick the MR was, I was thinking the Museum Replicas version was just slightly thinner, 1mm or so, but they could be the same.

I left the webbing strap on my Museum Replicas version, but my screen cast does have the correct officers tie.

The packaging looks much like the graphics and packaging for that of Museum Replica's costume items. If an actual licensor was involved, I believe it would be on the packaging such how Anovos's name is on the Imperial Officer buckle currently being sold at Disney Park. This metal and the Imperial hat also being sold at the parks might be a rehash of the MuRep items except now without their involvement.

I thought EFX due to the packaging being the same as their other items, looks like Museum Replicas also use the same colour scheme though too, although Master Replicas also used the same colour scheme so maybe it's just the "star wars style". I've looked on the packaging but all it says is "made in china" so may be just something Disney commissioned to be made.

IMG_2062yes.jpg

$_35.JPG

Steve D was the founder and chief product development for Master Replicas.

For ANH, the medals were sculpted quickly and are actually much rougher than they look on screen. A mold was made and only 2 medals were made for the film.

One copy is in the LFL archives, the other is in a private collection. When MR went to make the medal, they were allowed to make a mold of the screen used medal to scan for production and the scan was cleaned up and idealized.

The mold was a high quality, zero (and I mean zero) shrinkage mold, and the cast was a zero shrinkage cast.

My medal is a first-gen cast, either from that first gen mold or from a zero shrinkage mold of that cast, literally identical (microns off) of the screen used piece. Steve did a run, maybe 25 or 50 total, and that was it.

A good number of RPFers got one. Mine is not for sale and would never be molded to make copies.

IMG_3172-vi.jpg

IMG_3181-vi.jpg

Steve D was the founder and chief product development for Master Replicas.

For ANH, the medals were sculpted quickly and are actually much rougher than they look on screen. A mold was made and only 2 medals were made for the film.

One copy is in the LFL archives, the other is in a private collection. When MR went to make the medal, they were allowed to make a mold of the screen used medal to scan for production and the scan was cleaned up and idealized.

The mold was a high quality, zero (and I mean zero) shrinkage mold, and the cast was a zero shrinkage cast.

My medal is a first-gen cast, either from that first gen mold or from a zero shrinkage mold of that cast, literally identical (microns off) of the screen used piece. Steve did a run, maybe 25 or 50 total, and that was it.

A good number of RPFers got one. Mine is not for sale and would never be molded to make copies.

http://media.fotki.com/1_p,rwtqwsdt...rxbsssdrrfb/3/976173/12232179/IMG_3172-vi.jpg

http://media.fotki.com/1_p,rwtqwsdg...qxbsssdrrfb/3/976173/12232179/IMG_3181-vi.jpg

I should have never sold mine...:facepalm

That's the guy. I didn't realize that was a limited run.

I think the story went something like this:

Markspoon did a large batch of these medals in shiny and matte finish. I think he believed that someone was providing him an unique creation in which to copy. Turns out that it was a MR. I believe Steve D notified him of the origins. However Steve believed Mark as someone who was stuck between a rock and a hard spot and let him sell off his stock.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back