Disneyland Medal of Yavin replica

I didnt know the original cat run was so rare. Here is mine.
2layik7.jpg

It was either $25 or $50, but he doesn't sell them anymore.

Plus he's banned from the RPF. I think his last user name was QMXSteve (as I think he started QMX after he left MR, or co-founded, but no longer works there either). If you search for QMXSteve you'll read an eyeful. Good guy, but burned his bridge on the RPF.

Old thread, I wanted to resurrect. I just received my Disney version of the Medal of Yavin IV. As previously stated, it’s a really high build quality. Really nice faux leather/vinyl display case with a Rebel imprint on the outside. The fake velvet inside portion has a little stand so you can display the box open with the medal eleveated.

As for the medal itself, it looks very close to the MR version. I don’t have a MR on hand, but from examining my medal to pictures of the MR online, I can’t see any differences. There might be thickness differences that I can’t tell without a caliper.

Someone above stated that it might be 18k gold plated. I’m not sure about that, but I will say it does NOT attract fingerprints. Which is really awesome. As far as it being resin cast. That’s not my gut feeling. I think it’s solid metal. I’ll take a magnet to it and append this post.

edit: it is not attracted by a magnet. So it’s either resin as previously mentioned, or something like aluminum.

oh..never seen this old thread..I really want one of these..but it looks like sold out in the Disneystore.

Disney store doesn’t stock these anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When the medal was on the website it was listed was listed as a Parks Authentic product. At least that is what they used to called it before the site remake. Not everything made for the parks make it to the website or stay as a stock item. I was at WDW in the first week of October and Star Tours still had them.

When the medal was on the website it was listed was listed as a Parks Authentic product. At least that is what they used to called it before the site remake. Not everything made for the parks make it to the website or stay as a stock item. I was at WDW in the first week of October and Star Tours still had them.

Thanks MJF my friend is going in Jan, I want him to pick it up for me if it’s there. I appreciate the reply

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back