Terrasolo's X-Files Prop Replica Collection

Terrasolo

Sr Member
With The X-Files Revival set to air later this month I figured it was finally time to share some items from my X-Files prop replica collection. I’ve been collecting off and on since 2005 with more of a heavy focus in 2013 through to now. Basically I had gotten more serious about it when I realized most of my Doctor Who wants had already happened and so I decided to shift my full attention back onto The X-Files.

I won’t bother listing what each item is because I suspect that if you’ve clicked into this thread, you probably already know what all of them are anyway! So, instead I’ll just give some nods where I can and other basic information. That said, feel free to ask question is you don’t know what they are etc.

Thanks to:
Demijan Omeragic (Drago on RPF) for his help with the Alien Stilettos, the Firewand, "Pilot" Implant and the Metal Implant Vial
Talyn for all of his work on the IWTB posters
Artisan FX for weathering the Mulder business card from “Tempus Fugit/Max”
sctcartsPROPS for the FBI credentials/wallets
lethal1 for the X-File Folders & contents
Magnoli Clothiers for the pack of Morleys
acmepropcompany for the Death Cards
gendraws & friends for the Apollo 11 Medallion Keychain
Dark Energy Creations for making the Metal Implant Vial
Primrodo for making the vinyl letters for the Metal Implant Vial
and The Official X-Files Fan Club for the Season 6-9 ITWB poster

Note: The Firewand is a replica from based on the prop used in X-Files episode "Patient X", specifically the scene at Skyland Mountain. There were several different versions of this Firewand from what we can tell (longer, shorter, different looking), so I figured I would point this out to avoid any possible confusion.

While most of the props were purchased from others with more skill that I, I did get to make or modify some of these items myself. A lot of the paper props and photos I made using Photoshop, Excel or Word. For anything with hand writing I printed Photoshop modified screen caps and then used a light box to trace the handwriting to match the screen used props. The weathering on the “The X-Files: I Want to Believe” film version of the IWTB poster was also done by myself. And lastly, I made Scully’s implant and the fused penny and dime as well.

So yeah, onto pics! Enjoy!

(Oh and I’ll also be updating this thread with more pictures in the coming weeks as I have a few props that I didn’t get to photograph yet or that are still in the works. )

01 - Mulder-Collection.jpg02 - Scully-Collection.jpg03 - X-Files.jpg04 - Alien-Stiletto.jpg05 - Fight-The-Future.jpg06 - Fire Wand.jpg07 - Conspiracy-Props.jpg08 - Death Cards.jpg

UPDATED: 01/22/16 with Alien Implants (pic below):

Alien Implants.jpg

And a link to the new post which also contains a basic description
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=253921&p=3882869&viewfull=1#post3882869

Updated 02/16/16 with IWTB Posters and UFO photo, seen here:
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=253921&p=3907963&viewfull=1#post3907963

Last edited:
Absolutely beautiful, fantastic.

Also, being the huge X-Files fan that I am, it's hard to stop smiling when looking at all these photos.

But of course I smile the most when looking at photos 1, 4, and 6. :D

Great collection. The businesscards looks a lot like the ones I sold a while ago. Did you get them from me? If not, I'm curious about where you got them, since mine don't have a real "history". Bought a bunch of them on a con and the seller claimed they were production made, but had no real proof...

Also like the stiletto! Wished I got one of these too...

I also have the badges / wallets, but with production used metal badges in them (replaced the resin ones). Anyway, looks great!

Hi TomVDJ, I didn't get them from you, no. I actually made them myself in Photoshop working off of screen captures I'd taken from various episodes to recreate them. The best reference being "Tempus Fugit" and "Max". As I said above, most of the paper props I made myself, with the exception of the Death Cards, the X-Files, the FBI credentials, Posters and the Morelys.

The stiletto has been my Holy Grail from this show for many many years. I tried to get one made so many times and I was on run interest threads here as well but nothing ever happened. Thankfully last year I was able to finally make that a reality.

I'm jealous of your metal badges, I have to admit. I'd love a set of metal ones myself. As it is mine are molded from screen used badges so at least the details are correct, which makes me happy enough.

PS, Thanks! I forgot to say, thanks!

Last edited:
I'm jealous of your metal badges, I have to admit. I'd love a set of metal ones myself. As it is mine are molded from screen used badges so at least the details are correct, which makes me happy enough.
I can say that the resin ones from sctcarts are indeed exact copies of the metal ones I have... I posted some side by side pics somewhere on the RPF, but here they are again, in case you missed them (upper pictures are the metal one. On the bottom pic, resin is left, metal is right):

X-Files Badge 02.jpg X-Files Badge 01.jpg

X-Files Badge 03.jpg

I had previously been able to compare my shields to screen caps from the show, including the recently released intro to episode 1 of Season 10 so I've known how good the replicas are, but seeing your metal badges has made me feel even better about the details of mine and the metal ones actually look like the painted badges to me. Please don't take that in a bad way - although reading it back it sounds that way :/ - I didn't mean it as a put down. I'm betting they look more like real metal to the eye where as these photos are seem to gloss the differences over a bit. Still, all in all, if I could get my hands on metal badges I'd do it in a heartbeat. I always prefer props that are meant to be metal in shows and films to actually be metal in my collection where I can. Size permitting of course.

That's a great set of badges you have though, you're very lucky with those!

Yeah, the resin ones really look like the real deal... Only thing is the difference in weight, and the fact that the metal ones will be "paint-chip-proof" ;).

I updated the top post with a new picture but as posts can only hold so many photos in the future I'll probably updated it with links to the post with new items. Either way I'll still post the new ones here.

ALIEN IMPLANTS:

1) Ray Soames’ Implant
(the black lid specimen vial)
Thanks to Demijan Omeragic (Drago on RPF) for his help with this one.

2) Duane Barry's Implant
(the upright white lid specimen vial)

3) Scully’s Implant
(the sideways white lid specimen vial)
First seen in: “The Blessing Way”

4) Dana Scully’s Replacement Implant
(the file card, the implant & petri dish and the metal vial)
Demijan Omeragic (Drago on RPF) for designing the Metal Vial, Dark Energy Creations for making it and Primrodo for making the Vinyl Letters
EDIT: I should add that the screw cap does come off of the metal vial

Alien Implants.jpg

Last edited:
Great collection. The handgun (or a replica off course) of Mulder and / or Scully would be a nice addition too...

Originally I didn't want weapons in my collection but given that the stiletto and the Firewand are weapons, that went out the window! M&S had quite a few handguns though so I'm not sure which ones I feel best represent them. Although whenever I picture Mulder with one it's always his Walther PPk and the (I'm no gun expert so forgive me here) main one he used in "Nisei/731", which is cool because I like to get props from memorable scenes and that story worked for me in that respect. Scully on the other hand, I don't have a memory of a specific one for her so I'd have to try to think of a memorable scene for her and choose the gun from that moment I think.

Speaking of weapons:

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/The_X-Files

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/X-Files,_The_-_Season_3#Pistols

In "Nisei" (S3E09), and most particularly "731" (S3E10), a continuity error is present as Mulder's Smith & Wesson 5906 changes back and forth several times from his regular version to a older model with squared trigger-guard, all stainless components and (interestingly) the sights removed...

What's the story with the data tapes? I have a couple similar to those.

-MJ

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember when the show was at its peak back in 1998 going to the X-files Expo tour .
They had all the props used during the show in cases all over the arena floor. . Can't wait to watch the new MinI Series .
Great collection congrats .

the DAT tape was used when a hacker downloaded the Majestic 12 files in the last episode of season 2, Anasazi and the first 2 episodes of season 3

It also showed up again in Pier Maru / Apocrypha as well. I do find it pretty awesome Mike J that you basically signed your post with the answer to your question "MJ", pretty cool!

What a great set of props to display, it looks terrific.
How did you make the first Dana Scully implant prop, it looks like there's some detail worked into it.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back