Terrasolo's X-Files Prop Replica Collection

Thank you!

I was leaning towards the Smith and Wesson for both Mulder and Scully in my collection since I'm very fond of "Nisei/731" and "Piper Maru/Apocrypha", however I would like non-firing replicas or even aisoft versions. I'd also like Mulder's Walther PPK as well. Not high on my priorities list, but one day.

That's actually from Season 8 "Per Manum". Nice deduction skills though tracking it down to the X-Files!

Doh! Course it is. Sorry, didn't check my research before posting. I should indeed have said Season 8, not 6. I bought the boxset but haven't got as far as watching the episode yet.

This is the only picture I have of it at the moment on my laptop:
Collection2 (6).jpg

Sadly the two lower arms (I'm pretty sure it didn't actually have any hands) and foot are broken off (there were 4 different babies listed on eBay by the same seller at the time and all of them were missing parts of the limbs).

Here are a few more updates to my collection:

First up is an upgrade to the Firewand prop. I had the nozzle upgraded to match the one recently sold by the original maker/prop master for the X-Files. The same friend who designed the prop for me before designed the new nozzle and then I made the "fuel cell" that fits inside it.

Second, we have CSM's CIA credentials. The credentials seen were made by sctcarts and are a replica of the production made, but not screen used, CSM credentials from the actual show. It’s not known why they were made and not used, although they were clearly production made as identical credentials were used in Season 2’s “Colony/End Game” storyline for both Special Agent Barrett Weiss of the FBI Field Office in Syracuse, NY, and Special Agent Ambrose Chapel of the CIA - who later, of course, turned out to be the Alien Bounty Hunter in disguise. I know Special Agent Barrett Weiss was an FBI Agent, but he did in fact use the CIA credentials, although we on these boards of course know how common it is in TV and films for mistakes or post-production changes to have flukes like this. I do suspect that CSM’s credentials may have been made for Season 7’s “En Ami”, given the nature of that story, especially since his initials were first revealed in Season 6, but that is just speculation on my part.

Next is Mulder's photo of Samantha that was on his desk from Season 2 though 9. I recreated the photo in from screencaps, both DVD and blu-ray. The photo you all have seen before in an earlier post but I finally was able to find one of the two frame types used on screen. This frame was used from Season 6 to 9 and it’s a bit more classy that the original frame. IMO.

Then I updated Scully's X-File a bit with an upgrade to her implant catalog card - after watching Redux again, I noticed some text that I was missing, so I corrected that - and I worked up a page from the phonebook where Mulder found the Skyland Mountain ad so I could "tear" it out for her file.

Also, I finally settled on which phones to get for my collection, of course the Nokia 101 not only because it was the first phone used in the show by both of them, but because Scully used it all the way through the movie “Fight the Future”. Then I chose to get the Nokia 6160M which was used in Season 7, because it was only the second time in the show when both Mulder and Scully used the same phone. The Nokia 6160M, of course, is an updated version of the 6160 phone that Mulder used in FTF, but by no means exact.

Firewand Updated.jpgCSM CIA Credentials.jpgSamantha Photo Framed.jpgScully Implant Card Updated2.jpgSkyland Moutian.jpgNokia 101.jpgNokia 6160M.jpg

Love your collection.

Here`s an old picture of mine, been a few additions since this pic.

View attachment 783321

lol the flyer from “Hungry” is a good one. It looks like we may have gotten one of our X-Files from the same place, before I upgraded my covers that is. What’s the folder on the bottom?

i am so envious of your ever growing collection Terrasolo.

Thanks! It’s not growing as much as I would like with my life changes but slowly and surely, it’s getting there.

That folder came as part of the Tooms file I got on ebay. The flyer I got from the Prop Store of London and is my only "screen used" prop. I thought at the time it was really special but the next day they listed another one, not so special but I love it anyway,:lol

As I know you like to collect the phones as well, here`s something I put together from season 10.

mulder phone.jpg mulder phone 2.JPG mulder phone3.JPG

I found the correct dummy phone and cover for it and then just adjusted the screen cap to fit inside.

Nice work! I had considered getting that phone so that I could make a series of photos to flip through and add the XF theme to, but then I realized how expensive that would be so the dummy phone is a nice alternative for you.

I didn’t look too closely at his phone but I know nothing as interesting happened on it, so I’d say you’ve got the better option n right now.

Oh that would be an awesome prop! If I knew anything about electronics I'd offer my help but alas, I don't :(

I'm just getting into making some props myself but was lucky enough to get a few from the last auction of the reboot. I have the case files Mulder was flinging around in M&S meet the were-monster, the wolf head from the motel, Margret's necklace and my signed IWTB poster (my prized possession :)

How have you guys been creating your props? Screen caps? Super impressive, btw

Attachments

• necklace.JPG
    necklace.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 102
  • wolf.JPG
    wolf.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_4387.jpg
    IMG_4387.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 110
Nice stuff starbuck179. Great memories to have there!

A lot of my replicas were made by me, or modified by me, or even made/designed by me and various friends. A lot of the rest were made by others, and some were finds of the exact item used in the show which either required modification or no modification.

In all cases I do as much research as I can, taking screen caps, BTS photos, auctions of the real products, etc. From there I either look for the screen accurate item, look for people making the most screen accurate replicas, or recreate what I can as accurately as I can. I had considered making a Season 10 X-File, however the main focus of my collection is the show's Mythology and/or items that relate to characters that are part of the Mythology, so for now, I haven't bothered making one - although I have sourced all the materials I'd need to do so.

A couple more updates to my collection from an episode close to my heart, Season 11's "This". I'm a sucker for the Lone Gunmen.

First if Mulder's photo of the Lone Gunmen along with the cameo of This Man above Langly. I recreated the photo in photoshop using the same publicity photo that the production team used and the known sketch of This Man, the dream man internet story. Then I sourced the same picture frame that was used in the episode at Michael's Arts and Crafts of all places and done.

The Memory Medallion coin itself was made by a friend of mine in the UK, then once I had it it weathered the back and added the QR code to the front. The current QR code is a temp fix for now, which would out pretty well for a temp fix, but I hope to upgrade it later. I recreated the QR code in Photoshop as well.

The phone is of course not the same phone used in the show, in fact it's just my iPhone, but I wanted the digital Langly for effect in the picture.

THIS 1.jpgTHIS 2.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back