Terrasolo's X-Files Prop Replica Collection

What a great set of props to display, it looks terrific.
How did you make the first Dana Scully implant prop, it looks like there's some detail worked into it.

As is usual with film props there were a few versions of this prop seen on screen. Tiny ones, like the one I made and enlarged ones to show the surface detail of the prop. What I did was score the surface of mine with an xacto knife to try to simulate the surface detail of the enlarged prop. It looks great in the photo and to a film camera - same as the real tiny prop used in the show - but up close you'd see what I did and it wouldn't be quite as impressive as the enlarged prop.

How I made it was rather easy though. I looked through some supplies I had at home and found that the head of a nail would fit the prop rather well, so long as i could find one approximately the same size and sure enough I did. Both my Scully implants, the one in the glass jar and the one I store with the metal vial (it can be seen in the petri dish here), are the same.

First the UFO photo from "Deep Throat"
UFO-Deep-Throat.jpg

And an update to the I Want to Believe posters (original pic removed from the first post). Special thanks to Talyn again for the poster help. All weather was done by myself where applicable. From left to right:
1) Season 1-3
2) Season 4-5
3) Season 6-9
4) The X-Files: I Want to Believe
5) Season 10

IWTB-01-Season 1-3.jpgIWTB-02-Season 4-5-alt.jpgIWTB-03-Season 6-9.jpgIWTB-04-XF-IWTB.jpgIWTB-05-Season 10.jpg

I recently completed another project which as you can see is an assortment of props from the Season 7 story "En Ami". The medical science disk that CSM wanted from Cobra was on my want list for quite a while but it took some time to figure out all of the component parts for it. Thanks to the help of some knowledgable RPF members I was able get some part ID'd as well as ID some myself. They went through a lot of trouble for such a simple disk! So, thank you again to all who help's ID the case and parts with me.

To accompany the disk, I made up CSM's business card and Cobra's secret message to Scully from the episode as well. Also seen here is a brand new pack of Morely's from Magnoli Clothiers, this time printed up in proper material to look screen accurate.

En Ami.jpg

It's been a little while but here are some updates to my collection.

First up is Mulder's Personnel File from "Dreamland II". I found a seller online who owns the original file, although he doesn't have the cover. He told me that the six pages that he was selling were direct copies from the original file, which was made up of the same six pages duplicated multiple times to make the chart appear full. Although the seller was unaware what story the file pages were from, I had recognized them from the intro to "Dreamland II" only the seller's pages were missing a few details from page 1. Perhaps this was just because it was a filler page, either way I restored the missing details and then created all new pages, using a history of Mulder's time on the X-Files, to fill out the chart with more original information. Then I recreated the front and back cover completely in Photoshop.

A video of my Mulder file can be seen here on my Instagram https://www.instagram.com/p/BRWdmgUBc7C/
(some of the pages I made have an incorrect font, these pages have since been replaced)

Next up is the photo of baby William that Mulder and Scully both had in "Founder's Mutation" in Season 10. I recreated this photo from an eBay auction of one of the originals and weathered it to match the show. Also, below William is sctcartsPROPS version 1 Season 10 FBI credentials. I have since upgraded one of the badges to metal (although this photo shows the resin ones) with another one on the way, thanks to the help of sctcartsPROPS. He is also working on updating the cards as more information has come to light.

And lastly, in this post, an edition of The Lone Gunman newspaper. This one was a lot of work but also very fun because I recreated the one that came with “The Complete X-Files: Behind the Series, the Myths, and the Movies” so it was a lot of fun to read as I remade it. The paper was a accurate layout to the one used in the series and thankfully the proper scale was easy to tell from The Lone Gunmen series. Now that I have the template for the paper, I *may* make another version, but my eyes need a rest from this one first!

Mulder File-01.pngMulder File-02.pngMythology-Pieces-The-Revival.jpgThe Lone Gunman-alt.jpg

And to continue with this update...

I have known for a while that the "E.B.E." and "Tooms" files that I had purchased from etsy were not completely accurate in many respects (the originals can be seen in earlier pictures in this thread). Good in some places but updates were needed otherwise. So I decided to start with new front and back covers for both, which I recreated in Photoshop to match the screen used props. Then I did the same for the UFO photo that Deep Throat gave to Mulder in "E.B.E." as well and the cover sheet for the Tooms file. I may update some pages later one as well.

And lastly, for now, is Scully's X-File. It was never seen in any detail in the show, aside from the front cover and a glimpse of the cover sheet, which I recreated in photoshop just as I had done for the other files in my collection. Then I took the Mulder Personnel file pages and reworked them to be report pages on Scully's many entries into the X-Files archives. This was a fun project because I basically made the whole thing up. Although I used various wiki pages to fill the bulk of the body text (which I edited for a more personal wording feel from Mulder) as I felt many site worded their thoughts better than I may have done. Lastly I printed off quite a few forensic photos to help give it an official X-File feel.

When I started collecting, I knew that I wanted three X-Files only, so far I have ended up with four - if you count the E.B.E. file - but only two were one my actual wants list; that being Mulder and Scully's. The missing file is in the works as we speak, as well as one or two other items, and that chart is Samantha's. So hopefully an update on that soon.

X-File - Tooms.jpgX-File - EBE.jpgScully X-File -01.jpgScully X-File -02.jpgScully X-File -03b.jpgScully X-File -04.jpg

I've removed this post because I have updated the file Samantha file that was originally posted here. New post below!

Last edited:
Great collection and you've done amazing stuff with the files. I put a couple of bids on the ones available last year but out of my range.

Have put a little collection together over the years and topped it up with a new Mulder phone (dummy) and ID.

XF2.JPG XF7.JPG

Nice! I'm always happy to see other X-Files prop collectors. The community doesn't seem as large as I would have expected it to be.

Cell phones are something that I have considered but they changed so much over the years I haven't found the one that I want to represent them all. Or the one that represents the Mythology the most for me, if that can even be. I suppose it may come down to the Mythology episode that I like the best or has the most memorable phone moment, such as Mulder losing his while jumping on the train, which seems to be the one I lean towards the most.

As for firearms, it's the same debate, also, I want them to look realistic but not be real and then I wonder "do I even want firearms in my collection?" The great debate on both fronts! lol

I recently discovered that a deformed/mutated baby prop that I picked up from eBay a few years back, from an unknown production, is actually from Season 6 of X-Files. :thumbsup

I posted it on the Production Made Props forum at the time seeing if anyone could identify which film or TV series it came from. No-one could. It was only browsing eBay recently (years later) that I spotted one that looked similar which was listed as being from X-Files - with a bit more digging I'm confident that mine is also from X-Files. It may even be this one that is seen in close-up (if not this exact one, it's damn similar):

PerManum.png

Dana Scully’s Necklaces

Scully’s Gold Cross:
This gold cross was a staple for Scully, a symbol of her beliefs and she was rarely seen without it. Although there were two stories for how she came to have this cross, the one thing they shared was that her mother, Margaret, had given it to her as a gift, which presumably added sentimental as well.

There have been a few different necklace chains and crosses for Scully during the course of the show and films, the chains ranging from box cut to curb, and the crosses being boxier or more rounded etc. And while I’ve shared the necklace in my collection before in the Scully collection photo, I recently upgraded the chain itself to match the one from “Ascension” and Season 10. It’s hard to tell from other seasons as the chain is so thin and only got close ups in a select few stories, but this style chain may have been the one used throughout Season 1 as well.

And keeping with a Margaret Scully theme to this post…

Margaret Scully’s Quarter Pendant Necklace:
In Season 10 we lost Margaret Scully and much like Mulder’s mother, we were left with a bit of a mystery. This time it was the significance of a quarter, that she wore around her neck, dated 1964. Although the question as to what it meant to Margaret was posed in Season 10, we may never know the answer. Actually, it’s quite an odd one here because Scully was born in 1964 and after doing some research I found that there are some quite rare silver 1964 quarters out there so there are two good reasons why Margaret may have worn this necklace. But, the prop is actually a replica of Glen Morgan’s own mother’s necklace and the mystery surrounding it, so there’s that. Shame they didn’t consider the date more though. Either way this necklace now belongs to her daughter, Dana as a memory and mystery of her mother.

Due to the significance of this piece and my fondness for Margaret, I wanted to have it in my collection. Finding the quarter was a tad annoying as I don’t really use case so the few quarters I had on had were of no help. Thankfully my parents did a search for me and my mom came to the rescue! One i had the quarter in hand I painted it to match the screen used prop (well the scree one was black and green given that it was meant to have tarnished) and then I aged the frame and chain a bit, hopefully nature will do the rest. I even made sure that the frame locked with a gap at the top, rather than rest flush.

And closer look at the pack of Morleys and Skinner's note from "Ascension" as well as some important disks/tapes from the series.

Scully Necklaces.jpgMorleys.jpgdisks.jpg

Samantha Mulder’s X-File

This prop has been on my want list forever and now that I am able to make my own files, it seemed to perfect time to make it happen.

It’s fair to say that without Samantha, there would be no X-Files as we know them today. They would have just been a dusty old collection of strange cases that the FBI would rather have left forgotten, however, with Samantha’s abduction came Mulder’s quest for the truth. In many ways I feel Samantha is as special to us, the fans, as she is to Mulder.

Samantha’s file also the only X-File to have survived the fire of the X-Files’ basement office, fully intact. This is, of course, because CSM stole it and it seems fair to assume that he kept it, otherwise, why not leave it in the fire?

Little of this chart was actually scene on screen, just a part of the front and back covers in “Conduit” and “The End” and then two partial shots of the photo page in “Conduit”. So when it came time to replicate this file, a lot of imagination was needed to fill out the pages and fill in the missing blanks on the front cover. I copied the screen seen parts as accurately as I could using screen caps from the episodes, a couple of files from the old X-Files PC game that had two scanned pages of Samantha’s file in a folder of original screen used props, and another shot of a couple of those same pages that is now in a private collection. The two pages on the disc were the blue cover sheet and a full shot of the yellow photo page with the top of the white page sticking up behind it, which allowed me to replicate those three pages as closely as possible.

Originally when I recreated this file I had made three intentional changes (basically correcting Samantha’s middle name and birth date) but my screen accuracy brain just couldn't live with them so I corrected them back to match the screen used prop.

The file pages that I made up archive:

Samantha’s Abduction
Colony/End Game
Anasazi/The Blessing Way/Paper Clip
Talitha Cumi/Herrenvolk
Gethsemane/Redux/Redux II

I chose to end the case file information in Samantha's file with "Redux II" seeing as how the Cigarette Smoking Man stole the file later that same season.

Samantha T 01 - Cover.jpgSamantha T 02 - Close Up.jpgSamantha T 03 - Top Sheet.jpgSamantha T 04 - Photo Page.jpgSamantha T 05 - Abduction.jpgSamantha T 06 - Colony-End Game.jpgSamantha T 07 - Anasazi-The Blessing Way - Paper Clip.jpgSamantha T 08 - Talitha Cumi-Herrenvolk.jpgSamantha T 09 - Gethsemane-Redux-Redux II.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back